Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... (17807 Views)

Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD / Mercedes Benz S550 Armoured Sedan : The Official Car Of Prof. Yemi Osibanjo / Quick Meaning Of 'P','R','N','D','2','L' And 'OD' For Autogears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
abatically:

130mph is a whole lot of speed and I wouldn't reach that speed for any reason. But a 2007 accord v6 will stay comfortable on that speed trust me. Yes it is natural to feel more secure speeding in a Benz than a Honda. But how do u think u will feel in a 201hp car doing 130mph vs a 240hp car with similar bodies.
very safe and willing to go faster. Have tried that more than twice! U just have to see the difference between German automotive engineering and Japanese. Don't misquote me am not saying Japanese cars are bad, anybody that says that proves he doesn't know anything about automobiles. The almighty Nissan gtr and lexus LFA proves that right. But the Germans are better. I just wish u can drive that merc for two good days.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
I just hope all of us talking about the performance of these two vehicles have driven them both, not quoting what they saw on the net. U will surely enjoy ur honda in city driving because it accelerates faster, less weight than the Merc and more space. But when it comes to journey and freeway driving, that honda doesn't stand a chance. Mercedes benz are very heavy cars, u will need to stand on that throttle for it to move, but when it does, na only one God oh! I don't think that the honda having more HP than the Merc proves that it is faster. Put them both to test, LIVE, and see how it goes. OP I suggest u do that. U will end up buying the Mercedes.

4 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
king406:
I just hope all of us talking about the performance of these two vehicles have driven them both, not quoting what they saw on the net. U will surely enjoy ur honda in city driving because it accelerates faster, less weight than the Merc and more space. But when it comes to journey and freeway driving, that honda doesn't stand a chance. Mercedes benz are very heavy cars, u will need to stand on that throttle for it to move, but when it does, na only one God oh! I don't think that the honda having more HP than the Merc proves that it is faster. Put them both to test, LIVE, and see how it goes. OP I suggest u do that. U will end up buying the Mercedes.
Honestly before i started this thread i test drove the accord and the c230. Even though the honda felt smarter and sleeker on the highway, i could develop the courage to hit it up to 100m/hr as it became lighter as the speedo climbed. The next day my car dealer brought the c230 2007 to our office which i test drove. The smart take off of the honda was missing in the MB but i hit 110m/hr even before I knew it. Car felt stable and safe. I didn't feel this over speeding feather/unstable thing which i got with the accord. There, my confusion came. The interior space and aesthetic beauty of the accord is tempting so also is the feel of strength and pride the c230 offers. Chai which one i go do?

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
elusive2:
Honestly before i started this thread i test drove the accord and the c230. Even though the honda felt smarter and sleeker on the highway, i could develop the courage to hit it up to 100m/hr as it became lighter as the speedo climbed. The next day my car dealer brought the c230 2007 to our office which i test drove. The smart take off of the honda was missing in the MB but i hit 110m/hr even before I knew it. Car felt stable and safe. I didn't feel this over speeding feather/unstable thing which i got with the accord. There, my confusion came. The interior space and aesthetic beauty of the accord is tempting so also is the feel of strength and pride the c230 offers. Chai which one i go do?
you travel weekly just like me. I travel to kaduna every week, I suggest u go with the benz if u can really handle the maintenance. This is my 06 c230, tell me this is not tempting grin

6 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by hkwills(m): 3:20am On Nov 11, 2015
abatically:

Some people just think every Mercedes Benz is faster than every Japanese cars. That's how a friend that drives a 2002 c230 super charged beats his chest that his car will dust a 2005 Avalon.

It so tru. Honda V6 ar great ride wen it come to speed
I hv a baby boy V6. Was on d road one day wen I saw a benz E350 passed me.i raced wit him he kept pushing until I passed him at 210km. He was pussih very hard.den I knw accord V6 ar great cars wen it come to speed. Met wit him lata he told me h was very angry.da no one has eva passed him wen he needs to race. Accord V6 ar just great ride for speed don't try dem
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by mili3kid(m): 8:08am On Nov 11, 2015
hkwills:

I hv a baby boy V6. Was on d road one day wen I saw a benz E350 passed me.i raced wit him he kept pushing until I passed him at 210km. He was pussih very hard.den I knw accord V6 ar great cars wen it come to speed. Met wit him lata he told me h was very angry.da no one has eva passed him wen he needs to race. Accord V6 ar just great ride for speed don't try dem
yes o! dey r very great ride with speed until dey Summersault.... abeg just b kiaful next tym bro....
hut... oga U mean U drove d baby boy to 210KM n d car no scatter? 210 fa! ah! na wa o.... thank God for ur life sha... say nothing happen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2015
hkwills:

It isnt that i dont believe you but i feel the benz driver didnt want to rev that E350. But u ehh....just thank your God cos just one small pot hole you for know.
Last shot...Speed kills

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by femicousim: 9:30am On Nov 11, 2015
king406:

german automotive technology are not comparable with japanese, they are poles apart. most german machines aren't mass market cars, and even the luxury arm of japanese(acuras, infinitis and lexus) are still trailing behind german metallic beasts. if you repair cars, you do know which technology is better, from suspension, to steering & manoveurability to engine durability to name it.

to cap it, except for accord of 2013 upwards, that them ball joint ish is a no no for me

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by chucky234(m): 11:24am On Nov 11, 2015
kingreign:

The accord V6 is a monster on the road. Faster than a C230. The accord is a bigger car its classified as Midsized sedan, while the W203 is a compact sedan. The Honda Accord EX-L V6 is a much more luxurious vehicle than the W230 even though its classified as a mid class vehicle.
Its cheaper to run, own and maintain, parts are abound and technicians are abound. The Accord is sleeker than the W203. The W203 can handle sustained high speeds than the Honda accord due to its drive configuration.
hmmmm na sidon look I dey sha
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by chucky234(m): 11:32am On Nov 11, 2015
hkwills:

The guy handling the E350 is certainly not a speed freak, your Honda stand no chance against E350, pls don't raise your hope next time you drive pass that beast.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by hkwills(m): 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
Justtobor:

It isnt that i dont believe you but i feel the benz driver didnt want to rev that E350. But u ehh....just thank your God cos just one small pot hole you for know.
Last shot...Speed kills

He did rev so very well, I still had d space to floor my pedals.we later came to a spot,to gist a little, he was angry abut it. But said one tin.( my car still more expensive dan urs and I smiled. Cos it's tru

2 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by femionasan(m): 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
hkwills:

He did rev so very well, I still had d space to floor my pedals.we later came to a spot,to gist a little, he was angry abut it. But said one tin.( my car still more expensive dan urs and I smiled. Cos it's tru

That E350 person definitely had no idea what he was doing. You wont see my brake lights in my W204 C300 trust me.

3 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
femionasan:

That E350 person definitely had no idea what he was doing. You wont see my brake lights in my W204 C300 trust me.
haba bros. W204 na beast on wheels. The way dat car passed me one night along kaduna zaria expway eeh, kai!! I was feeling like Don jazzy doing 160km/hr in my 406 ew12 one evening around 8.30pm wen this car pass(no b overtake be the word, na pass he pass me as if i wasn't moving) me like say i park. Chai!!! I see bright light thru my rear view mirror before i say jack robinson na so the car pass me like bullet on top my 160km.hr at night for that matter!!!
Chai! Chai!!!
Back to the issue it's like i will just settle for the c230. Though it has a small cabin but i travel a lot.

4 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by enitiObanke(m): 7:38am On Nov 12, 2015
king406:
u mean the accord that can go only 130mph will dust a Mercedes that can go 160mph on the expressway? shocked

Am a Benz enthusiast,......but then I know for a fact that a V6 2007 Accord has a top speed of 160mph, and not 130mph.
Acceleration wise, perhaps the Accord will dust the C230, but it ends there. On a long stretch of road, the C230 will eventually beat the Accord hands down. Most 2007 C230 are V6. It's the 2005/06 C230 Kompressor that is usually I4
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by jodeci01: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
hkwills:

He definitely failed to switch to sport mode....
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
If you're comparing a Mercedes to an Accord then just get the Accord.

You don't need a Benz, you want one in order to experience the marque.

Good luck on your decision

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:
If you're comparing a Mercedes to an Accord then just get the Accord.
You don't need a Benz, you want one in order to experience the marque.
Good luck on your decision
How do you mean Sir?

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
elusive2:
How do you mean Sir?

Get the Benz if you WANT a refined adult car or get the Accord if you NEED a basic transportation vehicle.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by FlyboyZee: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
hkwills:

I made my friend sell his '03 MB E350, when he raced hard against my '02 Acura TL and was gasping for breathe while I easily dusted him without even pushing the car hard. He later upgraded to an MB S-class, I can't remember the numeration now, and has been begging to race me again in order to placate his bruised ego, but unfortunately for him I have downgraded to a Honda Civic. He is still licking his wounds till today.

He is a Nairalander. @ d Jay-Man, I hope say you dey read my post? Lol...
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
FlyboyZee:

I made my friend sell his '03 MB E350, when he raced hard against my '02 Acura TL and was gasping for breathe while I easily dusted him without even pushing the car hard. He later upgraded to an MB S-class, I can't remember the numeration now, and has been begging to race me again in order to placate his bruised ego, but unfortunately for him I have downgraded to a Honda Civic. He is still licking his wounds till today.

there was no e350 in 2003, it was only e320 nd e500

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by FlyboyZee: 7:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
chucky234:
The guy handling the E350 is certainly not a speed freak, your Honda stand no chance against E350, pls don't raise your hope next time you drive pass that beast.
Story...
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Get the Benz if you WANT a refined adult car or get the Accord if you NEED a basic transportation vehicle.
Good luck.
Ok Sa!
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by FlyboyZee: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
king406:
there was no e350 in 2003, it was only e320 nd e500
You are right. I've confirmed from him. He said its an e320. My bad! I ain't into MBs. Lol...

Both cars have 3.2l engines anyway and the Acura easily dusted off the struggling MB sha and im vex go sell the e-class, upgrade to s-class...
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by kingreign(m): 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Those acura TL are cheats.

4 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by FlyboyZee: 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
kingreign:

Those acura TL are cheats.
How do you mean? Please...
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by kingreign(m): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
FlyboyZee:

How do you mean? Please...

They're always too fast.

5 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by FlyboyZee: 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
kingreign:

They're always too fast.
I still regret selling that car. It still make me cum whenever I see one on the road. It is a driver's car any day. An eveready machine...

2 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
FlyboyZee:

You are right. I've confirmed from him. He said its an e320. My bad! I ain't into MBs. Lol...

Both cars have 3.2l engines anyway and the Acura easily dusted off the struggling MB sha and im vex go sell the e-class, upgrade to s-class...
a Japanese v6 will surely defeat an MB in city driving/race due to the heavy nature of MB, even the 550 models that have a 5.5 liter v8 take about 5.5secs to hit 60mph, a 3.0 v6 Japanese car will do that for u in about the same time because it has less weight. But on the long run, those japs don't stand a chance. Anything from 80mph and above, u will think that japmobile is reversing.. if u ask me, MB are not meant to be driven very fast like a maniac in the city, I think that drops their class, u are not even suppose to drive more than 70mph in the city and accelerate moderately, maybe that's all part of the German engineering grin, u wana race, get on the freeway or get an open road!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elusive2: 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
king406:
a Japanese v6 will surely defeat an MB in city driving/race due to the heavy nature of MB, even the 550 models that have a 5.5 liter v8 take about 5.5secs to hit 60mph, a 3.0 v6 Japanese car will do that for u in about the same time because it has less weight. But on the long run, those japs don't stand a chance. Anything from 80mph and above, u will think that japmobile is reversing.. if u ask me, MB are not meant to be driven very fast like a maniac in the city, I think that drops their class, u are not even suppose to drive more than 70mph in the city and accelerate moderately, maybe that's all part of the German engineering grin, u wana race, get on the freeway or get an open road!
I like this!

2 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by abatically(m): 9:27am On Nov 13, 2015
king406:

Why r u talking about weight like its a good thing. I thought car makers are doing everything possible to minimize the weight of their cars, hence the use of aluminum body (Audi) and carbon fibres in exortic cars. The lesser the weight the better.

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by FlyboyZee: 10:52am On Nov 13, 2015
king406:
Not with an Acura TL Type S. At speeds in excess of 200km/hr, that's when you begin to see why you paid more for it over its Honda sibling, the Accord EX-L V6...

Guy, bone yarns jare. That Acura can go...
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by oweniwe(m): 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
elusive2:
Good day nairalanders. Kindly assist me as I'm in a dilemma as which to choose. I am a highway driver and i cover an average of 600km weekly. I love the benz class but i also like the looks of the accord. I enjoy driving a lot. Kindly advise which will serve my purpose on the average without frequent visits to the workshop. Thanks a lot in anticipation guys...

C230 is small car nau...

Go for C300 or C350... The difference in fuel consumption is not much since you mostly do Highway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Can Handle This 2,000 Horsepower Nissan GT-R? (video) / Watch The New Nissan e-NV200 Pull A House,Sets An Electric Van Towing Record / Confused Donkey Chews Carrot-colored Mclaren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.