Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL (10280 Views)

8 Tips To Help You Avoid A Job Scam / Alert!!! Job Seekers Dont Fall For This Scam - Photo / Nairalanders Epic reply to a UAE Job scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by iamok: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
Dont fall for this Job Scam supposedly from SHELL

Although this have been in place and different warnings have gone out but unfortunately people still fall.
For you here, Pls Beware

A friend send this to me.

As I settled down in my office on Monday the 2nd of Nov., 2015, attending to some research students, my phone beeped with an incoming
SMS which is supposedly from a friend. In the word of the sender of the text message “Gbenga, how re u doing? I have been trying ur line network is bad, is Adiele Bright. ur NCCF member@ Benue State. I work with shell (S.P.D.C) Oil Company in Rivers State. Hav u got job? Recruitment is on now, if u will apply call me now 4 more details”. The used phone number is 08162689364 (which i later saved as Ole-1 (meaning Thief-1) on my phone).
My memory zoomed into action, trying to recollect the identity of the so called ADIELE BRIGHT who claimed to be “my member” in NCCF during NYSC. I became more puzzled because I served in Benue State and I was indeed committed to NCCF during my NYSC though I never headed NCCF nor was I part of the state executives, so how come this beloved brother claimed to be “my member”? Am I a Senior Pastor or the G.O of NCCF? Since, I wasn’t looking for job, I decided to ignore the SMS instructions. In fact, I even counselled my students to be excellent in whatever they do and to be associated with good people so that they can be remembered when the need arises! My foolishness… or ignorance rather…
After few minutes (roughly 30 mins), the number called me again and challenged me for not calling nor responding to his message… I started suspecting foul play even though I wasn’t interested in the conversation, I decided to play along… If for nothing, I can at least help some people with my story. We got talking and he tried to lure me with how lucrative the job is with an initial take home of N550, 000 monthly with a potential of increase to N850, 000 monthly within three months of active service! Oops! That’s not bad a pay I guess especially at such a time as this in Nigeria!
I indeed played along and he told me how his brother in law helped him to secure the job and that he has already convinced him to help me.
He said he told his brother in law how good I am to him and how my messages (God’s message I guess) helped his life and his spiritual growth and that he will really desire that I get the job since it can change my financial status within few years! I appreciated him even though I couldn’t remember ever meeting him, and he immediately sent his brother in law’s number to me who is said to be Dr. Charles Gbandi, the
Human Resources Manager of SPDC, Port Harcourt, Nigeria (His phone number is 08062902597, saved as Ole -2 (Theif-2) on my phone). I proceeded to put a call through to the said Dr. Charles Who was quite impressed with my resume. He later forwarded his email address requesting for my CV and other supporting credentials (His email address is drcharlesgbandispdc2@gmail.com). I complied immediately and on Tuesday (3rd Nov, 2015), I received a mail from the email address which reads: “You are hereby advised to print out this form with hard copies colored print and fill it correctly, affix your passport photograph on the provision made for it. Scan it and return to us immediately via email along with your complete data, statement of results as well as your discharged certificate for proper screening and final approval. Thanks, Blessing John, Secretary to the HRM, SPDC”.
I also received a SMS from SHELL-NIG inviting me for an interview at the Shell conference hall. Port-Harcourt by 10:30am on 13th and 14th November, 2015. They also said I should come along with a recommendation letter from the Royal Highness of Bonny LGA and a medical fitness letter. As expected, he told me that the job is meant for an indigene of the town (of which I’m not)
and that they have to lobby the Royal Highness for the letter which will cost me just N50, 000 and another N30, 000 for the recommendation
letter from the LG chairman and Medical fitness certificate. He told me to rush quickly to the nearest branch of First bank and as soon as I get there, I should alert him so that he can send the account details. All these happened between 10am on Monday and 4pm on Tuesday.
As early as 8am this morning (4th Nov, 2015), I feigned to be at the nearest first bank branch and indeed, the said DR CHARLES GBANDI sent
me a first bank account details with Account
Name: GODWIN THANKGOD and Account
Number: 3093921003, First Bank.
I have been trying to play along but I couldn’t play any further since I’m not ready to part with my God-provided resources with those miscreants
who think they are smart enough to dupe every Nigerian thinking we are all gullible as they are! Till now, they are still awaiting the initial deposit of N50, 000, still disturbing me with bugging calls. May they wait till nemesis catch up with them and till they repent of their sins if they will.
Friends, I have decided to publish this story with all the facts because nobody knows who their next target will be. If you can, you can investigate the true identity of those phone numbers using online application softwares… Be smart enough to know that any job prospect that requests that you pay any amount of money is a scam.

Please share this till every unsuspecting innocent friend knows that these predators are all over!

A word is enough for the wise

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lol. I got a similar message about three months ago. Did you serve in Benue?
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by jydorchem: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
I'v got a similar message twice
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
op GOD BLESS YOU FOR HEXPOSING THESE FRAUDSTERS. LETS ALL BEWARE AND DONT BE DESPERATE FOR A JOB. GODS TIME IS THE BEST. WISH LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL SEE THIS AND TRACE THEM. THIEVES
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by MrHighSea: 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
Thank God they will always fail. Candidates of kirikiri
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by ufuagari: 5:59am On Jun 11, 2016
Pls be care of ex cooper's scam notifying for shell development employment service and such crab. They use my sister to get me and a paid 25,500.until they were demanding for 1500k.my dull eyes now open. Ex corper and all are fake. Beware of this email. SHELLSPDC2001@GMAIL.COM.. This fone number Dr.charles gbandi.08037500133.. And people like Obinna okeke and all.. And also
ACCT NAME NWEKE JOHN ACCT NO OO55749O7O /DIAMOND

1 Share

Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by Shirbrown(f): 9:27am On Aug 02, 2016
ufuagari:
Pls be care of ex cooper's scam notifying for shell development employment service and such crab. They use my sister to get me and a paid 25,500.until they were demanding for 1500k.my dull eyes now open. Ex corper and all are fake. Beware of this email. SHELLSPDC2001@GMAIL.COM.. This fone number Dr.charles gbandi.08037500133.. And people like Obinna okeke and all.. And also
ACCT NAME NWEKE JOHN ACCT NO OO55749O7O /DIAMOND

This is the SMS I got this morning 2nd August, this people no dey taya. Thanks for this post that has confirmed my suspicion.

"Olachi Good monrinng, I have been trying 2 call u but the network is bad, Am okafor obinna emeka . ur ex-copa mate @ delta state, n.y.s.c.call-up no nysc unn 2014 183366 i am working with shell oil company in rivers state branch now,call me now 4 details b/cos internal recruitment is going on now "
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by gonkin(m): 6:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
I also received such
Hi Fregene is me Nwafor Michael Kelvin. ur Ex-copa mate in Anambra State, 2012C am nw working with SHELL S.P.D.C Company in Rivers State branch, Hv u Started workin if no cal me now 4 details b/c Internal Recruitment is goin on nw and is very urgent.

I used true caller and all. It was when it was too late, i googled it and to my surprise i have been scammed.

I called the gbandi he said people have neen using his name and some are still in detention. He sounded like an old man too
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by miznma: 1:14pm On Mar 21, 2017
It's true I lost about 80k to those people. It's like they target people that served in benue
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by BlueRayDick: 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
I think how they were able to get you guys is the NYSC year book for your state which usually contains ur picture and contact details. I think that's the only logical explanation to this.

People really need to be careful in their desperation to land a lucrative job, don't get carried away with the promise of heaven and earth by these scam artist. I mean it doesn't sound good to the ear that a graduate will end up losing cash to people of lesser intellect.
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by abimic(m): 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
BlueRayDick:
I think how they were able to get you guys is the NYSC year book for your state which usually contains ur picture and contact details. I think that's the only logical explanation to this.

People really need to be careful in their desperation to land a lucrative job, don't get carried away with the promise of heaven and earth by these scam artist. I mean it doesn't sound good to the ear that a graduate will end up losing cash to people of lesser intellect.
I was in the office last week when I got the text just like my friend elsewhere from my batch got same text too, I just deleted the message just as I told my friend to delete the message too, I knew it was a scam, if I had nothing doing, I couldn't have fallen for such hoax in this recession. I feel it's from the NYSC end of year book they got those numbers, that's the only logical explanation one could likely offer.

1 Like

Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by femzey(m): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
just the same format they used for me today,I guessed this people are using Nysc magazine,same format,people need to be very careful,the despiracy to get a job

Just the same format cos he mentioned the sch where I served ,how close we were the initial guy name was Christopher with number. 08165637534 and the in law who help him was charless with number 08069613254,Am sure they are still waiting for me to get to first bank.
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by beshiman(m): 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
I got same yesterday while I was at work...

Though, I played along with both of them but later ignored them since I am not interested.

Please, guys, be careful!

Note: check the attached for the message sent.

Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by ademike629: 11:36am On Apr 28, 2017
DON'T FALL VICTIM OF JOB SCAM(SHELL)
There is no doubt some job scammers has now advance by looking out for CV's & NYSC Magazines to get ones information"Please Beware" I received the Sms "Good a.m John is me Egwede Phillip,ur ex-copa mate in Ogun State. Am working with Shell oil company in Rivers state branch,cal me now for details b/cos internal recruitment is going on now" the message was sent by 08060618784 on 20/04/17 @ 7:34 am I called him even dough I can't recall him I did so because:
1)He knows my name
2)I studied Geophysics
3)I did my Nysc in Ogun State
he would later said he's brother in-law(who he said is Barrister,Brown by name) who works @ SHELL helped him and he has talked to him to do same for me he said he was to give d slot to his brother but he still doing is NYSC & as such not qualified he called his number on phone (08054725218) which I pen down but after d call I asked myself this questions:
1)why can't he send the number as sms since he works in shell
2) no old greetings & memories
3)his pronunciation of Ikenne LGA is not too convincing having served a year there according to him
I immediately put a call across to d said Barrister but he didn't pick @ first and he later pick d second time I introduce myself and mentioned Egwede Phillips his in-law he designed d talk that I appreciated the slot he said d pay is 450k as a result of d global drop in cruel oil price he asked me to paid #25,500 been money for letter of recommendation & medical fitness as d job is met for indiges of the town (of which I'm not) and that the have to lobby the royal highness 4 d letter during the call conversation I observed his phones kept ringing probably some would-be-victims calling my memory zoomed into action but I decided to play along to see where it would end I went back to search my NYSC year book 2016 (Ikenne LGA) for the name but I couldn't found it the barrister asked me to send my email which I did he sent a mail from: nwagwufriday33@gmail.ckm containing SHELL employment form & account details:
Oluo Bright Chukuma 3096952992 First Bank and asked me to filled and send back to barrpepple@yahoo.com.
please rebrocast to save someone.
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by godwinsoche: 10:52am On May 11, 2017
Thank you for these invaluable information posted here. I regretfully wish I was a little more patient to do my preliminary investigations just before I proceeded; no doubt, it would have made all the difference between falling for the scam; and outsmarting these unscrupulous scammers. Indeed, (painfully) I fell for their scheme because i was careless. Actually my mind was interested in getting better acquainted with this 'Ifeanyi' guy who purported himself to have served with me years ago (i was unsure but i proceeded, perhaps i was desperate too).

Without trying to become boring to my reader, i plainly submit that we excercise more caution with people who attempt reaching us on the phones. I got this form too:

My point is: IT IS A SCAM. DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!
N.B. I could furnish more details if you care.
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by solablings(f): 2:18am On Nov 10, 2017
I just fell for this SCAM, my God all my saved allawee just flew away in my presence.

I sent these people N50000 just yesterday.

Why for God sake?
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by toprealman: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2017
solablings:
I just fell for this SCAM, my God all my saved allawee just flew away in my presence.

I sent these people N50000 just yesterday.

Why for God sake?
by 2030, someone will still be play the mumu!
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by Infamous(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
I received a similar message today. SMH
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by Maccapele: 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2018
Mine is happening now.They sent me the employment form.As it got to money matter. I lock up.. saying I need to pay for swimming certificate. Let's be careful. I wonder where they get a perfect detail to convince there victims..
They would soon meet there doom..
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by Mhyke: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
I just got the same text today, i was skeptical cos i dont evn know d guy who sent me d text, he claimed to be a fellow corp member, he gave me one dr.charles number who askd me to forward my credentials with nd a sum of 25k, i smelt foul play so i decided to check online for scams like this, nd coincidentally i saw this thread on nairaland with people telling d same story...
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by Mhyke: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
But God will punish them for exhausting my credit.
Re: Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL by tidedroid: 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
How can you track someone trying this scam,i currently received this message and all am thinking is surely this person must be close to me or at least in the same state

(1) (Reply)

Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! / Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank! / I Just Lost A Job Offer Of 650k Because Of Professional Qualification.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.