Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Mtn Wahala! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Wahala! (5490 Views)

Mtn Wahala / Mtn Wahala With Blackberry Torch / Mtn Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Wahala! by charlsecy(m): 5:23pm On May 15, 2009
There are some MTN Services shortfall that requires adjustments, some of them are:

Long, Endless Queue

There were cases where if you called 180, and then pressed 0 (Zero) to speak with an MTN Representative, the IVR would sing for too long a time before a Representative would attend to you. But I tell you, these days no representative ever comes up. It would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for one to put a successful call through to 180 Service.

I, personally, have had the awful experience of waiting to speak with a Representative a whole 1 hour, 35 minutes. Yet no Representative came up. Worst still, the connection went off. These long futile calls to 180 have happened to me on more than 15 occasions. I can remember this: On 2nd January this year, using the number, 0703 089 4320, I made a 1-hour 33-minute call to 180. On 5th January, I called 180 with my line, 0803 446 0379, for 1 hour, 31 minutes. Same day I made another 1-hour 33-minute call with 0703 089 4320. I can tell you, for the whole time I made each call, I was just uninterestingly being sung to. The calls were never answered! This is very much unlike before when response was

quick.

Wrong Web Address

If you dial 180, you will be required to press 0 to speak with a Representative. 

If you pressed 0, and all Representatives were busy, the IVR would say, ", All our Representatives are currently busy. You can reach us by calling our self-service helpline on 181, by visiting our website on www.mtnonline.net, or by sending an email to customercare@mtnnigeria.net."

I think, or rather, I know the correct MTN website to be www.mtnonline.com, not www.mtnonline.net.

Non-functional 180 WelcomeBack Process

If you want to request a WelcomeBack via 180 self-service, and you dial 180, and then press 2 to request a SIM swap; you will be prompted to enter the Lost, Stolen or Damaged phone number. Afterwards, you will be required to key in your MTN Online Assistant Self-Service Four-Digit PIN. This is where the problem lies because after keying in the PIN, the IVR will say the PIN is "incorrect", even though it is correct. If you keep making correct attempts, it will go on saying the PIN is not valid. And then you will be redirected to MTN IVR PIN Retrieval Prompt and so on. The summary is this: The WelcomeBack process via 180 Self-service

does not work.

Online WelcomeBack Form Needs Updating   

In the form, under the section, INFORMATION ON OLD LINE, the options Stolen, Lost and Damaged are listed. But there are other factors that can make WelcomeBack necessary. For example, in view of the newly introduced 128k MTN SIM, a user with a, say 64k SIM, will be required to request a WelcomeBack, if they want to upgrade to the 128k SIM. Another example is this: Some SIM cards have fundamental problem(s) that can only be fixed through WelcomeBack. My father once had a SIM that could never send SMS, even though the MTN Message Centre Number was correct. He called 180, visited MTN Connect Stores and Friendship Centres to fix the anomaly to no avail. It was not until he had a

WelcomeBack done that the fault vanished.

Also under LINE OWNERSHIP VERIFICATION section, where the question, "How much credit did you last recharged?" is asked, Share & Sell is not in the list.

In the above cases, the user's SIM is neither Lost, Stolen nor Damaged. What then will the user choose as what happened to their line?

Therefore I suggest some options like "Dissatisfied with current SIM", and "I want to upgrade" should be included in the list under the INFORMATION ON OLD LINE section.

I think MTN should attend to, and resolve these issues.
Re: Mtn Wahala! by honsule(m): 5:37pm On May 15, 2009
i agree with you.esp the CC aspect.i waited for an hour a day and the call went off.i wasn't happy at all.i think it is high time i wrote to NCC about this MTN nonchalant attitude. cool cool
Re: Mtn Wahala! by Dwayne(m): 8:34pm On May 15, 2009
As 4 me, dey kept playing their uninteresting bla song telling me 2 wait. I slept off for about 2 hrs. Waking up d music was still playing
Re: Mtn Wahala! by puskin: 9:14pm On May 15, 2009
Hmmm. Dis MTN is becoming an unbecoming.
Re: Mtn Wahala! by hayprof(m): 9:30pm On May 15, 2009
@poster, u av spoken well, because it seems u been studying MTN for a long time, . .

@dwayne, dats d facto, . .u dial em machine picks, . .u sleep off and wake up earlier in the morning to celine dion song ' ahaahah Not funny!

@All, what can be done, . .

@sule, can u put the written to a good / faster effect ?

Lets see hw far dis can go ?
Re: Mtn Wahala! by Femistiico: 11:07am On May 16, 2009
I have noticed dis too, on d first day i noticed dis i make a call to 180 and then press 0 so i was transferred to mtn agent line and they started playing music to me which lasted for 3hrs 14mins till my battery got emptied. I charged my ba3 again till he got full,so i tried to call them by 1.00am in d midnight so dat it can be fast but unfortunately they sing a song to me which i spent 3hrs 10mins till the phone automatically cut off. I think we nairalander should forward dis stupidity to the National Assembly and NCC to solve the problem.
Re: Mtn Wahala! by Dclique(m): 11:47am On May 16, 2009
Al i cn say is 'thats 9ja 4u'
Re: Mtn Wahala! by Nwaaba1(m): 2:37pm On May 16, 2009
[color=#000099][/color]well Mtn is a bad company with over poplation imagine i call than up to 2 hours no show till my battery go off pls we have to suit then to court.

Re: Mtn Wahala! by hayprof(m): 10:10pm On May 16, 2009
@nwa, y police dey arrest chicken?

Thats Hillarious!
Re: Mtn Wahala! by hymnha(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
After over 7 month of such a beautiful post, their service is still as ever. The same prob @poster discovered is stil d same. I now c that people-based business are scarce but money-based business are everywhere
Re: Mtn Wahala! by hymnha(m): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
After over 7 month of such a beautiful post, their service is still as ever. The same prob @poster discovered is stil d same. I now c that people-based business are scarce but money-based business are everywhere
Re: Mtn Wahala! by Ogboraph(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2010
i agree with you guys in all. But you should forget those mistake and use their ever strong 3G and Gprs browsing that is Very reliable for Fri f333

Re: Mtn Wahala! by tobidaflava(m): 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2010
Maltina Wahala!
Re: Mtn Wahala! by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:02am On Jan 05, 2010
Tobidaflava,. I think its Get list and not request list,

Make I nor talk my own, cuz una go cry 4 me,
Re: Mtn Wahala! by adram(m): 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
I'm nw fed up wt mtn nw, could u believe dat since morning hv been trying a number but nt going through, wht hel is hapening dem dis days.
Re: Mtn Wahala! by adram(m): 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
hayprof: @nwa, y police dey arrest chicken?

Thats Hillarious!
I dnt thnk dis is ordinary chicken cos d head resemble dat of humanbeing.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Care Center In Portharcourt / Download Dream League 2017 MOD Version Apk + OBB / TECNO Phantom AII - Device Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.