Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Joy Of Being Black. - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Joy Of Being Black. (3096 Views)

Spoken Words / Stand Firm (spoken Word) / I Want. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by joseph1832(m): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2015
Reyginus:
I didn't really see the Joy of Being Black.
Well that's because you lack insight!.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2015
funny thread.

Malcom X inspired smiley
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by joseph1832(m): 9:43am On Nov 12, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
funny thread.
Malcom X inspired smiley
How's it funny bro?
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:49am On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
How's it funny bro?

the comments......you and that babe.....
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by joseph1832(m): 10:07am On Nov 12, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

the comments......you and that babe.....
Oh 'that babe'. She's who she is.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Well that's because you lack insight!.
I'm serious. Don't you think there's a difference between the qualities of black and the Joy of being one?
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by joseph1832(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
Reyginus:
I'm serious. Don't you think there's a difference between the qualities of black and the Joy of being one?
Seriously bro, don't you think the qualities of Nelson Mandela is what is bringing joy to his family now? Even after he's dead and gone?
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Seriously bro, don't you think the qualities of Nelson Mandela is what is bringing joy to his family now? Even after he's dead and gone?
No, it is not his qualities but the things he did what them.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by joseph1832(m): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
Reyginus:
No, it is not his qualities but the things he did what them.
And that's what makes him him. That brought forth his joy. The names I mentioned above are men who did something with their qualities, and those things brought joy. That's why people associates with them.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from now?
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
And that's what makes him him. That brought forth his joy. The names I mentioned above are men who did something with their qualities, and those things brought joy. That's why people associates with them.

Hope you understand where I'm coming from now?
I understand. I am only trying to say the poem could have better
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by joseph1832(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
Reyginus:
I understand. I am only trying to say the poem could have better
could have what? A better title? I think not! LOL.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
could have what? A better title? I think not! LOL.
I mean a better content.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by joseph1832(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
Reyginus:
I mean a better content.
Oh really? Then by all means drop something about being black with' a better content'. Since you feel the content of this one isn't better, let's see you put drop something better.

I wait to read it.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh really? Then by all means drop something about being black with' a better content'. Since you feel the content of this one isn't better, let's see you put drop something better.

I wait to read it.
I am not here to attack you. What you need is sweet. I mean in the combinations of the words. But topic wise it doesn't hit anything.

Your first line:' I am black because my skin, thought and soul are black', makes little logical sense and explains nothing on the joy of blackness. It is just like saying:'I am rich because my wallet, my mind, my family are rich'. It is simply begging the subject.

How does the fact that I'm black because my soul is black becomes a thing of pride?
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by joseph1832(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
Reyginus:
I am not here to attack you. What you need is sweet. I mean in the combinations of the words. But topic wise it doesn't hit anything.

Your first line:' I am black because my skin, thought and soul are black', makes little logical sense and explains nothing on the joy of blackness. It is just like saying:'I am rich because my wallet, my mind, my family are rich'. It is simply begging the subject.

How does the fact that I'm black because my soul is black becomes a thing of pride?
Then again, you lack insight. "Know Thyself", that's all I have to say. Have a great day ahead.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
joseph1832:
Then again, you lack insight. "Know Thyself", that's all I have to say. Have a great day ahead.
Okay. Explain to me what your first line means?
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by Chuksemi(m): 12:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
As black as black can be.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by Tovot: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2015
Its a cool poem, a little aggressive ,but I'd like to agree with reyginus , the poem could really do much better with more sound content. If you add more substance to it, like real things that make you black and proud , that gives you your own identity and sets you aside with a pride, I think it'd pass across a better message to me. This is just my opinion though.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by joseph1832(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
Tovot:
Its a cool poem, a little aggressive ,but I'd like to agree with reyginus , the poem could really do much better with more sound content. If you add more substance to it, like real things that make you black and proud, that gives you your own identity and sets you aside with a pride, I think it'd pass across a better message to me. This is just my opinion though.

This part answers the embolden.
Am black because Muta Baruka, Malcolm X, Thomas Sankara, Fela Kuti, Odinga Odinga, Marcus Garvey, Nelson Mandela are black!

For black is not a color, No sir!.
Black is a movement. An idea.
One that is unique and has pique
The minds of great minds with ideas,
That is as black as night
And as bright as day.
Re: The Joy Of Being Black. by Tovot: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
joseph1832:

This part answers the embolden.
Ok , Cool.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Write A Nice Poem For The One You Are Going Out With Or Your Dream One / Diary Of An Unborn Child / Showers Of Freedom By Sammoe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.