Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:59 AM

Consequence/effect Of Not Doing Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Consequence/effect Of Not Doing Nysc (3726 Views)

Accountant Currently Doing NYSC In Rivers Needed / How To Apply For Job Doing NYSC / Diary Of A Yankee Babe Doing NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Consequence/effect Of Not Doing Nysc by damilola15: 8:32am On May 16, 2009
Anyone here who completed University and decided not to serve(NYSC)? Or do you know anyone like that? Better still, do you know the effect of not serving? Share the experience please.
Re: Consequence/effect Of Not Doing Nysc by laplace(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2009
There are consequences for not going through the compulsory national youth service. First, you will not be able to work in Nigeria without the certificate. Most employers do not give full employee status to graduates who do not have NYSC or exemption certificate. If you're considered favourably for employment, your employer considers you as an intern. Your salary (usually called allowances) will only be a fraction of your colleagues'. You will not be entitled to most employee benefits such as car allowance, housing allowance, leave, vacation, profit sharing, etc.

You will not be entitled to government scholarship and/or funding in case you want to go for higher studies. You can only stay immuned if you go into private business as an entrepreneur.
Re: Consequence/effect Of Not Doing Nysc by wendoworld(m): 3:04pm On May 16, 2009
thanks for raising this issue as i am also affected, i work and i depend on this work for me to sponsor myself to school, and no admissions yet, now i am deciding to go into part time since i work, and trying to save money first then coming back to go for full time study looks like a foolish idea to me, now i just wrote lasu`s part time entrance exam and am waiting for the result. but the problem is that i was told that part time student don't serve, but since i depend on my work i dont know if i have any choice left than to take part time study, please what do you advise me to do? i am confused, your advise will be cherished whole heartedly, thanks

(1) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The Female Corper Whose Hand Was Matcheted In Bayelsa State / Drama In Nysc Camp! As Female Corper Storms Social Media With Her Boobs(photos) / NYSC DIRECT POSTING, PPA,MEDICAL AND OTHER VALID REGISTRATIONS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.