Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

What Are The Career Opportunities For A Graduate Of Biotechnology? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Career Opportunities For A Graduate Of Biotechnology? (565 Views)

Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) / What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / The Career Advice I Wish I Had At 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Career Opportunities For A Graduate Of Biotechnology? by yuppyz(m): 5:40am On Nov 12, 2015
A close friend of mine who just gained admission to Rivers State University of science and technology has been given option of the following courses.

Biotechnology
Microbiology
Plant science
Environmental science and
Anatomy

She said she prefer Biotechnology, but asked me to research the career opportunities for this course within the Nigeria context so, I decide I will ask my good people of NL for more insight.

Pls kindly help a brother, all contributions are welcome.
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For A Graduate Of Biotechnology? by mrhipup(m): 6:00am On Nov 12, 2015
Lemme think.....I'll brb
Re: What Are The Career Opportunities For A Graduate Of Biotechnology? by yetseyi(f): 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
I would say biotechnology but then since we are looking at the Nigerian context its very tempting to say none of the above.

Since it seems she has no choice she can go for biotechnology but how many biotech jobs are available in Nigeria sad, Environmental science also looks okay but all the graduates from that course i know don't work in their field. Outside the country biotech would have been the best option at least one can practice. she can always go for her masters and then Phd if she is interested in academics but in all honesty the chances of getting a job related to her course of study is a bit slim. Considering the trend in research biotech is it but then nothing is guaranteed.

Wish her the best

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy Very Urgent! / MCSE - Business Intelligence Training In India / Who Earn More Between,blogger, Musician, Footballers, Doctors, Professors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.