Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Toothache Nightmare! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Toothache Nightmare! (3134 Views)

This Flower Juice Will Automatically Stop Your Toothache permanently. / Who Knows A Permanent Cure For Toothache? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toothache Nightmare! by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 16, 2009
Hey NLanders, so here's the deal. I have this molar that has been giving me problems since 2000. It started with a hole and in 2003 i had an abscess. Becos i am wary of dentists i finished my dose of antibiotics and did nothing till 2006 when i had a root canal and they filled it, even though parts of the tooth had rotted off. In 2007 i got another root canal done cause apparently some nerves were still alive and got a crown done so i could chew normally. Now, one side of my mouth is swollen with a gum infection around that tooth and the dentists aren't sure why. The think a fish bone must have triggered it sad cos the teeth look healthy from the scan. I messed up with my teeth when i was younger so i get that this is my punishment, but i want to know if i should pull it out or just endure. The pain is something else but i cant imagine what it would be like with a gap in my mouth, help!
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by edogram(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2009
Where is this dentist located?

Do they offer teeth whitening smile for a tetracycline discoloration?

i will advise you remove this teeth an use crown bridging for the gap.
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by eeguru: 1:39pm On May 20, 2009
my dear, i encountered similar problem around 2000/2001. My best suggestion for you is to meet a dentist and make a suggestion for the removal of the tooth. If you continue to fill and refill it before you know it your other teeth will be infected. My dear tooth problem is not an easy thing considering the pains and sleepless night one has to pass through.

2 Likes

Re: Toothache Nightmare! by Sissy3(f): 7:46pm On May 22, 2009
I"d suggest you seek a second opinion from another dentist, if possible. There has to be a cause for the pain, so seek the advice of another dentist other than the one you are currently seeing now, before it is too late. the second one might see sometimes the first one neglected or couldn't detect
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by busybody20: 11:38pm On May 24, 2009
@ poster,

I'm sorry to know you have toothache. I know how it feels because i removed a tooth 5 years ago; i would advise you to have the tooth removed to save your from nightmares.
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by TOYOSI20(f): 1:43am On May 25, 2009
ezinne1212:

Hey NLanders, so here's the deal. I have this molar that has been giving me problems since 2000. It started with a hole and in 2003 i had an abscess. Becos i am wary of dentists i finished my dose of antibiotics and did nothing till 2006 when i had a root canal and they filled it, even though parts of the tooth had rotted off. In 2007 i got another root canal done cause apparently some nerves were still alive and got a crown done so i could chew normally. Now, one side of my mouth is swollen with a gum infection around that tooth and the dentists aren't sure why. The think a fish bone must have triggered it sad cos the teeth look healthy from the scan. I messed up with my teeth when i was younger so i get that this is my punishment, but i want to know if i should pull it out or just endure. The pain is something else but i cant imagine what it would be like with a gap in my mouth, help!

Sawrry u going thru this, but personally i fell like yr health is more important than having a gap in ur mouth.

Go to a dentist as soon as u can to get the infected tooth removed,

I'm sure they'll have some suggestions in regards to some kind of artificial tooth or something,

but first things first . . . .get the infected tooth out to prevent any kind of septic infection.
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by dominique(f): 11:10am On May 25, 2009
you need to pull it out ASAP before it spreads to other teeth.

consider yourself lucky its a molar. . . what if it was an incisor wink
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by dsolution: 3:52pm On May 25, 2009
Having a toothache is one of those pains that you do not wish upon anyone.Getting rid of the toothache when it arrives is another obstacle that is hard to get over without going to the dentist. Here are a few ways that will help ease the pain of a severe toothache.
How to Ease a Toothache Until Your Dentist Appointment, A toothache can be your worst nightmare. If you have already made an appointment with your dentist, here are some tips to help ease your pain until you get there.
Use a cold pack. Ice works well and helps ease the throbbing. Do not use heat this can actually make things worse if the area is infected.

Clove oil is a remedy my mother in law swears by. Take a cotton ball and saturate it with the clove oil and then place it on tooth and bite down.

If the tooth is broken a piece of wax over the tooth can provide some relief, and wax really helps if the tooth has a jagged edge that is cutting you.

Alcohol works well too, that is, the drinking kind like vodka. I am not saying get drunk. Take a mouthful and swish over the sore tooth and then you can spit out or swallow your choice. This does seem to help though.
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by nomoless: 12:55am On May 30, 2009
Yes your best bet is to remove the bad tooth, because of the pain and infection.
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by coldautumn: 7:08am On Jun 02, 2009
I agree with that they say, it would be best if you remove the tooth. The gap in your mouth will not be visible anyways since it is your molar that has to be removed and not your front teeth. In any case, if you really do not want to have that gap, then you can also opt for dentures or bridges, It may be hazardous for your health if you continue to ignore this.

Dental Arcadia
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by Hesperus(m): 7:13am On Jun 02, 2009
@ Poster, I totally feel your pain and I suggest you remove the tooth as soon as possible. Lucky for you, it is a molar so the gap wont be visible. I have had 2 molars taken out, as well as an incisor which I have a crown for. You can hardly tell that it is artificial!
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2009
Thanks for your responses. Apparently after a couple of ex-rays the dentists agreed that it was a gum infection cause the pain and the swelling subsided after i finished a round of antibiotics. I'm told that i must have used infected dental floss which triggered the whole ache. Now i'm afraid of flossing cos i don't want it to happen again and i'm sticking to mouthwash and regular brushing.
Re: Toothache Nightmare! by coldautumn: 8:03am On Jun 09, 2009
an infected floss? Wow, this is the first time that I've heard of tooth ache caused by flossing. Bit it's a good thing that you didn't have to get your tooth pulled out after all,

[size=1]Dentist Glendale | Dentists Burbank[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Am I Infected Please Let Me Know.. / Swissgarde Crushes Fibroids / 700 Canadian Doctors Protest: We Are Paid Too Much. Attached Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.