Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,151 members, 7,860,123 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:15 AM

Financial Education Tips For The Wise - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Financial Education Tips For The Wise (267 Views)

CBN, NERDC Set To Commence Financial Education Curriculum In Schools / Some Amazing Pictures Only The Wise Ones Can Know Its True Meaning / CBN, NERDC To Introduce Financial Education Into Schools’ Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Financial Education Tips For The Wise by tushguy(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2015
I came across this article and it pricked me I must say, because I have fallen short of handling money wisely when I had it, but thank God for second chances. I thought these pieces of advice would be helpful to someone out there. Here is a summary of it:

1. Focus on increasing your streams of income. Look inwards and use that God given gift or skill to make more money. Don't settle for any less.

2.Don't show off. Stop trying to impress and be living beyond your means. Spend less than you earn.

3. Save with a plan to invest the money asides emergency savings. Grow the money in an 'untouchable' account, speak to your banker if you have to.

4. Avoid borrowing money that won't generate for you income. In other words, don't borrow to 'keep up with the Joneses'. If you are borrowing to buy a car for example, the reason should be because it will be an asset for your business.

5. Make money a priority. Spend it only when you have to.

6.Have a great work ethic. Go the extra mile just because.

7.Get a financial mentor and follow him/her through.

8. Think big . Aim higher.

Find the link of the full gist in the link below:

http://www.tushmagazine.com.ng/ws-how-to-become-a-millionaire-by-age-30/

(1) (Reply)

Babcock Unversity / Get Upto 30% Off On Hadoop Big Data Online Training Course / Watch Obafemi Awolowo University 41st Convocation Event Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.