Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Would You Like To Know Your Future? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Like To Know Your Future? (1774 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / Do You Pray For Your Future Spouse ( Wife/husband)? / Check Your Future And Destiny Using Numerology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Like To Know Your Future? by Baro(m): 11:51pm On May 16, 2009
I thought about this earlier in the day and my answer was an emphatic NO! Ok here is the question : If you have the opportunity to view your future like you are watching a movie, would you view or maybe take a peep?

I wouldn't because i enjoy the uncertainty and the unpredictability of the future, it keeps me on my toes and make me try to do my best all the time , so i could be able to surmount or atleast stand the unknown. Knowing my tommorow, would make the adventure of life uninteresting and colourless, above all, i hate to feel teleguided.

How about you?
Re: Would You Like To Know Your Future? by Nobody: 11:39am On May 17, 2009
*(Should this topic be hia? )*.
I would like to know.
I would like to be given the chance to prepare myself for the eventualities that lay ahead, and be steadied enough to face them before they happen.
For example, my upcoming exams. . . .I don't want to wait till July to know how I'd do in it. Don't like the tension, fear, etc. undecided
Re: Would You Like To Know Your Future? by MrCrackles(m): 11:40am On May 17, 2009
Topic

No, i want to continue enjoying the thrills the suspense brings! grin
Re: Would You Like To Know Your Future? by Nignog: 1:05pm On May 17, 2009
The great Joseph Smith has told me my future. My head will be sold for cheap in the Lagos market. Holla if you feel me my Mormon brothas!
Re: Would You Like To Know Your Future? by duduspace(m): 1:30pm On May 18, 2009
Every time yu look into the future, it changes.(Nicolas Cage in Next)

Some of my musings:

1. What is the point of looking into the future if you can't change it?

2. The future will not be the future if you can change it.

To answer the question, NO. I have no Oedipus complex.
Re: Would You Like To Know Your Future? by Pepeye(f): 5:20pm On May 18, 2009
sure i do

I already know mine
Re: Would You Like To Know Your Future? by tpiah: 6:32pm On May 18, 2009
there are many futures, imo.

duduspace:

Every time yu look into the future, it changes.(Nicolas Cage in Next)

I kind of agree.

Anyway, the present is the framework for the future. So while its tempting to look into the future, is it really practical since there are so many variables along the way.

though some people like knowing their furture partners sha. And if the relationship will work out.
Re: Would You Like To Know Your Future? by sistajay(f): 6:43pm On May 18, 2009
No, its fun not knowin what's round the corner!!!

(1) (Reply)

Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. / 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished / Satanists And Christians Are One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.