Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,844 members, 7,855,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. (815 Views)

Mr Seun , Your Attention Is Needed. / Opinion: Why I Think The #nobankingday Is A Bit Over The Top / Seun, Your Antispam Bot Is Killing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by tpaine: 11:01am On May 17, 2009
Seun, the spam filter has gone crazy. It has flagged and removed a post I (Huxley) made that contain a link to another website (Youtube). Are we no longer allowed to post links to other websites? It has also banned me from posting with my huxley username.
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by Tudor2: 11:39am On May 17, 2009
You were banned on purpose.i got banned ostensibly for troll and despite emailing seun and complaining several times no show
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by netotse(m): 6:52pm On May 17, 2009
@huxley
. . .and u dont have any idea why u might hv been banned?
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 17, 2009
And you started this thread, seeking to be unbanned, with one of your different usernames.
Isn't usage of multiple usernames against the rules?
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by tpaine: 7:39pm On May 17, 2009
fellis:

And you started this thread, seeking to be unbanned, with one of your different usernames.
Isn't usage of multiple usernames against the rules?

Yes, this is one of my old username the banning of which caused me to created the huxely account. I subsequently realised that it was later unbanned and that is why I have gone back to it rather than start another account.

Obviously, I would much prefer to have the huxley account unbanned as I have a lot of postings under that name and am now more widely recognised under that account.
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by Seun(m): 8:33pm On May 17, 2009
Just mail me if the spam filter gives you any problems.
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by tpaine: 8:45pm On May 17, 2009
Seun:

Just mail me if the spam filter gives you any problems.

Seun, my huxley account is still disabled for posting. This happened immediately after I posted a new thread with a link to another website. It looks suspiciously like the spam filter misfiring again. Can you re-enabled the account for posting.

Or, are we now not allowed to post links to other sites?
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by Horus(m): 9:44pm On May 17, 2009
The reason of your banning is evident, It is a Christian spam filter . Today even the technology is corrupted by religion.
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 17, 2009
LOL. @ christian spam filter.
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by tpiah: 10:15pm On May 17, 2009
I'm guessing your user id stands for Thomas Paine who wrote The Age of Reason? A freethinker's handbook.

you're not a freethinker though.
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by Tudor2: 11:49pm On May 17, 2009
@seun
email you for what? The email you never read? If you do read your emails them why is my 'tudor' account still banned. Dnt come here and play the 'all efficient administrator' - we're not kids
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by tpaine: 12:09am On May 18, 2009
Tudör:

@seun
email you for what? The email you never read? If you do read your emails them why is my 'tudor' account still banned. Dnt come here and play the 'all efficient administrator' - we're not kids

Why are you denying me the right to call myself a freethinker? Is being a free thinker not withing my grasp? Are you a freethinker? Or would you like to be one?
Re: Seun, Your Spam Filter Is A Bit Over-eager. by Tudor2: 12:42am On May 18, 2009
Tpaine, you okay bro?

(1) (Reply)

Engineers Needed / How Did U Hear Of Nairaland And Join? / What Is Your Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.