Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming (1853 Views)

Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! / How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre / Daylight Robbery By Airtel And NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 13, 2015
So II subscribed to the 4.5 GB day and night plan this week only for me to notice that one night I had 400 MB thereabout for day plan , the next morning checked again and I just had 2mb ,was shocked but I thought nothing of it .

Yesterday ,I subscribed again same plan rolled over data . waited for the night plan to kick in before I updated my ps4 . Did not do any heavy browsing during the day , nor this morning ,just chatting and mobile transfer only for me to check my balance this evening and I just have 17mb left on my day plan.

Very pissed of at the moment but wanted to make sure that nothing has changed about the 4.5gb plan or has mtn started playing games again ?

Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 13, 2015
These mtn guys seem to be crooks , I was using wifi in the office once and these guys were deducting my airtime as if I was browsing without a data time .... What gives ??
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Mekky05(m): 1:16am On Nov 13, 2015
Op,it seems you be learner ooh? Haven't you heard of Glo 1k BIS for 3GB or 2,500 normal android plan for 4.5GB?

2 Likes

Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by lekjons(m): 1:17am On Nov 13, 2015
MTN was never the problem...

beg NCCgrin

2 Likes

Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Emeka71(m): 3:04am On Nov 13, 2015
I have dumped My MTN now enjoying freebies on Airtel.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by ddjay: 3:05am On Nov 13, 2015
lekjons:

beg NCCgrin
oh,see mtn contract staff managed by one of mtn's cockroach companies,which one are u, ison bpo or mctey...just because mtn will dash u 10mb and 100 credit for covering up for them while they continue to allow unregistered sims free gsm access abi
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by akasueba(m): 4:12am On Nov 13, 2015
Emeka71:
Brother pls tell me how you rock on airtel
How pls I want to use it lol thank you
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by ada5454: 6:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Mtn
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by saintjoel(m): 6:50am On Nov 13, 2015
Mekky05:
Op,it seems you be learner ooh? Haven't you heard of Glo 1k BIS for 3GB or 2,500 normal android plan for 4.5GB?

How can I sub for the 4.5GB?
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by saintjoel(m): 6:51am On Nov 13, 2015
Emeka71:

WHAT ARE THE RATES FOR AIRTEL AND IS THE NETWORK OKAY?
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Emeka71(m): 6:54am On Nov 13, 2015
saintjoel:

Very okay.
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Emeka71(m): 7:00am On Nov 13, 2015
akasueba:

Brother pls tell me how you rock on airtel
How pls I want to use it lol thank you
I have an airtel SIM that gives Me free calls to any network, free text to any network, free browsing.

1 Like

Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by SuplexCity: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2015
empty hen will use u guys moni to pay d fin, to avoid heart brk dnt use emptyhen untill dy ve paid d fin

1 Like

Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by saintjoel(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2015
Emeka71:
Very okay.

WHAT ABOUT THE CODES FOR THE DATA PLANS,DO YOU HAVE THEM?
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Panshow(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2015
saintjoel:

The network strength depends on your Location.
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Emeka71(m): 7:41am On Nov 13, 2015
saintjoel:

WHAT ABOUT THE CODES FOR THE DATA PLANS,DO YOU HAVE THEM?
I don't have them because I don't subscribe to data plans. But you can use *141#.
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by saintjoel(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=Emeka71 post=39967836]I don't have them because I don't subscribe to data plans. But you can use *141#.[/quotte]

Thanks.
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Mekky05(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2015
saintjoel:

How can I sub for the 4.5GB?
Try this plan its cheaper(2k will give u 6GB and 4K airtime). If your phone is BB u can go ahead,but if its Android ask your guys how to set it to use BB BIS so that u can get this plan fully. To get the bonus airtime,u dial *200# only once before u load the 1K airtime. After that u send "comonth" to 777 tru text message. They will collect the 1k and give u 3GB data n 2k airtime. Load another 1K airtime and send it to "comonth" again,and u will get anoda 3GB and 2K airtime. You will now have 6GB data and 4K airtime. Hope this helps out.
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by yomi007k(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2015
Ur paying NCC's fine. tongue
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 13, 2015
tobianthony:
These mtn guys seem to be crooks , I was using wifi in the office once and these guys were deducting my airtime as if I was browsing without a data time .... What gives ??
rule number one: don't subscribe to MTN data with airtime available
Rule 2: have a separate sim for browsing
NCC asked MTN stop charging pay as you browse when there's data yet they didn't comply, Only glo and etisalat have comply as at the time of writing this, yet someone will say NCC isn't fair in their fine to MTN. They have being sent several warnings yet they're adamant until they're fine before they start wailing.
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 13, 2015
lekjons:

beg NCCgrin
does glo does similar thing? wasn't MTN sent a warning notice to stop charging from airtime when data is available yet they haven't compiled.
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by saintjoel(m): 8:07am On Nov 13, 2015
Mekky05:
Try this plan its cheaper(2k will give u 6GB and 4K airtime). If your phone is BB u can go ahead,but if its Android ask your guys how to set it to use BB BIS so that u can get this plan fully. To get the bonus airtime,u dial *200# only once before u load the 1K airtime. After that u send "comonth" to 777 tru text message. They will collect the 1k and give u 3GB data n 2k airtime. Load another 1K airtime and send it to "comonth" again,and u will get anoda 3GB and 2K airtime. You will now have 6GB data and 4K airtime. Hope this helps out.

Thanks bro
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by LOUIS6(m): 9:34am On Nov 13, 2015
tobianthony:
So II subscribed to the 4.5 GB day and night plan this week only for me to notice that one night I had 400 MB thereabout for day plan , the next morning checked again and I just had 2mb ,was shocked but I thought nothing of it .

Yesterday ,I subscribed again same plan rolled over data . waited for the night plan to kick in before I updated my ps4 . Did not do any heavy browsing during the day , nor this morning ,just chatting and mobile transfer only for me to check my balance this evening and I just have 17mb left on my day plan.

Very pissed of at the moment but wanted to make sure that nothing has changed about the 4.5gb plan or has mtn started playing games again ?

Am currently using the mtn 4.5gb Day and Night Data plan, which will expire on December 5.. and it has been ok for me.

You said u subscribe dis week or so
But according to ur screen shot, ur day plan of 3gb is saying dat it wil expire February 2016. Me I no con understand o ??
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Xhaka(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2015
You better abandon your MTN sim for now
They are still owing NCC, so what do you expect?
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by lekjons(m): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2015
ddjay:

oh,see mtn contract staff managed by one of mtn's cockroach companies,which one are u, ison bpo or mctey...just because mtn will dash u 10mb and 100 credit for covering up for them while they continue to allow unregistered sims free gsm access abi
u couldn't even take a joke.. liberated fool!
Anyone who speaks in favour of MTN is their staff, idiot!..
BTW was MTN the only network in this country can u port?.. huh??

dumb-ass!
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by Youngpo413: 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
I love them like that.
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by ekseel(m): 12:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
tobianthony:

The same happened to me I ooo, I tot I was the only one. I currently use Airtel social plan for day and use the remaining MTN for night. I was very sad d day it happened
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by ekseel(m): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=tobianthony post=39964191]So II subscribed to the 4.5 GB day and night plan this week only for me to notice that one night I had 400 MB thereabout for day plan , the next morning checked again and I just had 2mb ,was shocked but I thought nothing of it .

Very pissed of at the moment but wanted to make sure that nothing has changed about the 4.5gb plan or has mtn started playing games again ? [
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by ekseel(m): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
tobianthony:

The same happened to me.... MTN I don tire for them
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by ddjay: 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
lekjons:
u couldn't even take a joke.. liberated fool!
Anyone who speaks in favour of MTN is their staff, idiot!..
BTW was MTN the only network in this country can u port?.. huh??

dumb-ass!
chai see frustration,u mean all this insults just because of free monthly 10mb and 100 credit mtn will gives u.what a shame. just imagine this contract staff abeg,by the way,which of the mtn cockroach outsourcing firms do u represent?
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by lekjons(m): 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
ddjay:

chai see frustration,u mean all this insults just because of free monthly 10mb and 100 credit mtn will gives u.what a shame. just imagine this contract staff abeg,by the way,which of the mtn cockroach outsourcing firms do u represent?
u sound much like a kid..

Good day! cool
Re: MTN Daylight Robbery , Data Complaint Or Am I Dreaming by ddjay: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
lekjons:
u sound much like a kid..
Good day! cool
mtn contract staff eyah.

(1) (Reply)

The Nokia 6 took one minute to sell out / I Just Bought A New Phone Which Has Lenovo Written At The Front And / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.