Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes (2056 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? / Most Annoying Thing A Lecturer Ever Did To You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by JJYOU: 3:15pm On May 17, 2009
[size=15pt] Everyday, a lecturer sees over 50 women of different shapes and sizes[/size]
By Kemi Ashefon
Published: Sunday, 17 May 2009

Prof. Muhammad Mainoma lectures International Accounting at Nasarawa State University, Keffi, and he shares the story of how he rose from grass to grace with Kemi Ashefon Prof Muhammad Akaro Mainoma loves books. Not because he is a professor of Accounting but it was a passion from childhood. Like an unquenchable fire, not even his father, who was a farmer, could put it off. ”He never saw reasons with me desiring to attend school but wanted me to stay at home. I had 11 older siblings who were not in school and I was also expected to be like them,” he reminisced amidst laughter.
Skip to next paragraph
click to expand image
Kemi Ashefon

Prof. Muhammad Mainoma

Even when he attempted attending primary school, it was war. ”I had Koranic education and some of my friends were attending primary school. I wondered why I was not in school and I decided following them. The year I went, my family came and took me away from the class. I waited patiently. By the time I was nine years old, I decided going to school again and enrolled myself. When I returned home, I told my father that I didn‘t want to go to farm but the school. There were 19 of us and none went to school.”

Definitely, he won the battle and now lectures International Accounting at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi. Also the Dean (Administration) Professor Mainoma is an indigene of Lafia, the capital of Nasarawa State . A member of many academic boards, he currently serves as the president of the Institute of Financial and Investment Analysts, Nigeria . Dark, tall and very well dressed in a babariga; he seems to belong to the clique of new generation lecturers.

”Lecturers nowadays are not as pauperised as people think,” he corrected. Though in his 40s, he would never agree that being in the academics should make anyone poor. ”I have always loved to lecture but before my job at the university, I had an appointment with a firm in Lagos where I was well paid. I was there with a friend of mine, who now works in an oil company. I was there for five months and I left Lagos . My passion is for the academic where I would be fulfilled and not money. Today, I am the first person to be a professor in my village and we are just 13 in Nigeria who are professors of accounting. I would not have achieved that if I had stayed put in that company.”

But what attempts have been made by him to see that his younger siblings are also educated? ”I have done that already because then, I made sure I withdrew one from the Koranic School and made sure he was enrolled in school. Others too have joined him. There is awareness on education now and some parents have decided sending their wards to school. My father is proud of me and would tell anyone who cared to listen that he has a son in the university,” he enthused.

As president/chairman of council, Institute of Financial and Investment Analysts, Nigeria, he elaborated on the objectives: ”It is basically about teaching people on investment and it is positioned as a veritable organisation and strategic change agent. The institute came to being as a result of a need to provide a bridge within two key elements paramount to every individual and nations‘ economy which are finance and investment. Though our target is to get graduates in related fields, we want to develop the professional and technical expertise in the economic, financial and investment sector of Nigeria through dedication to true professionalism, humanitarian efforts, educational advancement, corporation and understanding. To develop a formidable institution; as a catalyst and change agent in financial and investment analysis globally.”

Happily married to two wives, how would he resist temptation from younger girls on campus knowing about some lecturers and their escapades with female students? ”It is only those that are not used to seeing women that would become notorious when they see them. Everyday, a lecturer sees more than 50 women of different shapes and sizes. At a point, you become a part of them and you don‘t see them as sex objects. I can‘t be involved with any of my students because I am happily married to two beautiful and wonderful women,” he reiterated.

But some female students could want to tempt male lecturers. Has he had such experiences? ”Professor Mainoma, whose middle name means warrior, replied: ”I would not say a yes or no but this is a challenge to many lecturers because some of these girls come and offer to be your friends. These are lazy students who would not read and want to pass. The issue of any lecturer harassing his female students cannot be over-flogged because these girls are also to blame. They don‘t dress properly, they are lazy to read and they also come to [size=14pt]these innocent lecturers[/size]. With experience, I believe a lecturer should be much disciplined and resist whatever temptations because of his integrity.”  [size=18pt]naiga get innocent lecturere.  rubbish. na deeper life abi?
[/size]
A good dresser, he would tell you he is a Babariga person. I wear suits too but I prefer native attire due to the comfort I derive from there. I do a lot of work and I need enough comfort from whatever I wear.

Comments:

* Granted some students wear clothes that leave very litle to the imagination, some are lazy, some are vulnerable, while others are good but some devious narrow minded lecturers will prefer the brilliant ones at all costs. No matter the state, no lecturer should sleep with their students whether offered or not. It is a breach of trust and a criminal act. Girls should arrange to discretly video those lecturers in the nude with mobile phones and charge them for sexual harrasment and rape.

Posted by: Lucky Ibibio , on Sunday, May 17, 2009

Report this comment

* Congrats!i wonder how many nigga men in any walks of life can do what you said you have done to those irresponsible girls WE sure need more men like you.

Posted by: abiodun aregbesola , on Sunday, May 17, 2009

Report this comment
   http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2009051715253289
Re: Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by MrCrackles(m): 3:16pm On May 17, 2009
Enjoyment! grin

1 Like

Re: Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by JJYOU: 3:56pm On May 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Enjoyment! grin
bad belle man. trust u to enjoy this type of set up.
Re: Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by UyiIredia(m): 6:18pm On May 17, 2009
undecided undecided what about male obstericians
or guys in LAG grin grin grin
Re: Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by JJYOU: 8:40am On May 18, 2009
Uyi Iredia:

undecided undecided what about male obstericians
or guys in LAG grin grin grin
uyi are you of uncle sam family? if yes, are u in contact with solomon?
Re: Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by toshacer: 8:48am On May 18, 2009
so? how many women do medical doctors see in a day?
Re: Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by Bolarge(m): 8:53am On May 18, 2009
tosh_acer:

so? how many women do medical doctors see in a day?
On the average, I see btwn 10 and 17. cry
I really must be missing out. cry cry grin
Re: Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by toshacer: 9:48am On May 18, 2009
in a whole day, you see 10 - 17 people? Do you walk around with your eyes closed?
Re: Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by Bolarge(m): 3:07pm On May 18, 2009
tosh_acer:

in a whole day, you see 10 - 17 people? Do you walk around with your eyes closed?
U obviously missed the question.

Go back to the previous 2 posts.

Refers to female patients. just in case u still don't geddit.
Re: Everyday, A Lecturer Sees Over 50 Women Of Different Shapes And Sizes by princesstj: 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
Hi,
I am about to enter uni-Ben, and I am so scared of lecturers disturbing my studies. Please has anyone ever had an experience of a disturbing lecturer, they are willing to share?

(1) (Reply)

The Federal Polytechnic,idah.2010 Post-utme Date Rescheduled. / Guys Is Me Babadinho Jamb Questn Is Out / We Didn’t Cancel Exams Centres In Crisis States - Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.