Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,230 members, 7,953,874 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:03 AM

Ultimate Evidence Christianity Is Immoral - Two Bears & 42 Kids - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ultimate Evidence Christianity Is Immoral - Two Bears & 42 Kids (716 Views)

Christopher Hitchens - Christianity Is Immoral / Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? / Is It Immoral For Christian Women To Wear Thong Underwear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ultimate Evidence Christianity Is Immoral - Two Bears & 42 Kids by huxley2(m): 12:45pm On May 18, 2009
In the Old Testament, a favoured prophet of God ordered two she-bears (from thin air, obviously) and set them loose against 42 children who had apparently been making fun of him, calling him names about his baldness.

2 Kings 2:

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

I have never meet a Christian who does not quote these verses approvingly, in fact, usually with glee on their face as if to say, "You see what my loving God can acheive".  Any right-thinking, sound-minded and rational person would he mortified that a man of God could have ordered such a reprehensible murderous act,  but to Christians, this is just par for the course.

Why do Christians elevate this horrific narrative to the status of the best object lesson against rudeness and incivility from children?  Could it be that their sense of moral rectitude has been so thoroughly pulvarised by their unquestioning allegiance to this barbaric doctrine from the bronze age?

What is there to admire about the character of this murderous prophet who turned loose wild animals onto small children?   Why would Jesus have allowed that?

By the way, aside from the immorality of the act, there is little likelihood that this could have happened as reported.  Unless all 42 children were also hypnotised, there is no way that two bears could have been able to kill 42 children, unless the bears had supernatural powers (did God send demons into the bears?).  The killing of one or two would have seen the rest skuttling away into the safety of their homes or parents.

Yet another RUBBISH from the Bible.
Re: Ultimate Evidence Christianity Is Immoral - Two Bears & 42 Kids by Tonyet1(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2009
Huxley dem don ban you abi

Huxley - the spirit

Huxley2 - the soul

Huxley3 - the body

u gu soon finish grin grin grin grin

i cant stop laffing, this is funny

Re: Ultimate Evidence Christianity Is Immoral - Two Bears & 42 Kids by huxley2(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2009
Yes oh, tem don ban my huxley account. So I no fit post wit tat account anymore.
Re: Ultimate Evidence Christianity Is Immoral - Two Bears & 42 Kids by Abuzola(m): 1:32am On May 22, 2009
Another revealation nawa 0

(1) (Reply)

Dreams Intepretation / Jesus Never Existed / On Creating The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.