Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Between Your Prayer Request And God's Response - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Your Prayer Request And God's Response (476 Views)

How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life. / Ladies, See Why You Should Never Take Your Prayer Life For Granted / Urgent Prayer request! My Case is different! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Your Prayer Request And God's Response by mindsetshift: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2015
any times we tend to miss the answer to our prayers because of the little distractions that always occur between the time of our request and the answer to our prayers.
I won't actually blame anyone that misses it at that point because it is not always easy to wait. But experience has taught me that anytime we present our needs to God and God assures us of His positive response to our needs, it is worth it for us to wait.
God through His Spirit made me to understand that we always fall out because of distractions that we see when He is on His way to give us what we have requested for.
Let us take a look at Mark 5:21-42.
This is a story we all know very well. It about Jairus a leader of a synagogue.

HIS REQUEST:
Jairus came to Jesus Christ and requested that Jesus Christ follow him to his house to lay his hand upon his 12years old sick daughter. Of which Jesus obliged him.

I know that you who is reading this post or writeup has made many requests to God in the time past. I am sure that some of you just finished making a request to God few minutes ago before you started reading this. The way Jesus agreed to go with Jairus to his house is how He has agreed to meet you at the point of your need. In Jesus name. Amen.
Many of us always shout amen and jump up when a declaration is made upon our head from the pulpit in response to our prayer and heart desire. But soon we tend to become melancholic when we have not seen what we shouted hallelujah and amen for.
Our attitude at times makes it look as if God has lied or if the person whom He used to make that pronouncement is lying. But the truth is that God does not lie and the person whom God used to make that pronouncement didn't also lie.
The simple thing that happen is that the space between the time of our request and our actual receiving of our request is always filled with distractions. At that point we always lose focus.

BACK TO JAIRUS:
As Jesus was on His way to Jairus' house, two things happened in quick succession. The first...mindsetshift..com.ng/2015/11/between-your-prayer-request-gods-answer.html
Re: Between Your Prayer Request And God's Response by miqos02(m): 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
God is sovereign, he decides when to act

(1) (Reply)

What A Great Religion This (islam) Is! / Doing The Greater Works / A Priest Was Suspended For Riding A Hoverboard During Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.