Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking (2423 Views)

Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant / Innoson Debunked Media Reports Of Shorting Down Productions / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking by rosco191: 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
Pls I need help urgently from a professional.
I am experiencing frequent engine oil shortage and my radiator coolant goes down every day, in fact I have top it up daily before driving while I top the oil twice weekly.
The engine doesn't smoke while driving but I recently noticed it smoking (dark smoke) when I Rev it and it try to Jerk and stutter when I am on speed or idle run.
When I took it to the mechanic we discovered one of the injector nozzle wasn't working he tried to swab it and found out that the nozzle that wasn't working worked in another position so he checked the plug and discovered that the plugs were soaked with carbon we changed the 4 plugs and the engine ran normal but one week later the new plugs were completely covered with carbon again thus causing the same problem of engine Jerking and misfiring.
The mechanic told me that the Rings are gone and I need to re-ring the engine but I am skeptical about ringing it as I am not sure how long it will last me before smoking again.
I am considering buying a tokumbo/belgium engine but the fund is not readily available.
Please advice me on the best option to go.

Rosco
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking by chaikie(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
Wait for GAZZUZZ!
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking by mayor2013: 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
rosco191:
I am experiencing frequent engine oil shortage and my radiator coolant goes down every day, in fact I have top it up daily before driving while I top the oil twice weekly.
The engine doesn't smoke while driving but I recently noticed it smoking (dark smoke) when I Rev it and it try to Jerk and stutter when I am on speed or idle run.
When I took it to the mechanic we discovered one of the injector nozzle wasn't working he tried to swab it and found out that the nozzle that wasn't working worked in another position so he checked the plug and discovered that the plugs were soaked with carbon we changed the 4 plugs and the engine ran normal but one week later the new plugs were completely covered with carbon again thus causing the same problem of engine Jerking and misfiring.
The mechanic told me that the Rings are gone and I need to re-ring the engine but I am skeptical about ringing it as I am not sure how long it will last me before smoking again.
I am considering buying a tokumbo/belgium engine but the fund is not readily available.

Rosco

New engine on the way
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
rosco191:

Rosco

V6 or 4cyl? Did you run a scan? If no, you should.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking by rosco191: 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

V6 or 4cyl? Did you run a scan? If no, you should.

Its a 4.2L engine (4 Cylinder)

I did run a scan and was advised to change my TPS and replace the Thermostat, aslso need to fix my check engine light which is not working at the moment.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
rosco191:

Its a 4.2 2.4 engine (4 Cylinder)

You. Might need a new engine.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking by lonelydora: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
rosco191:

I did run a scan and was advised to change my TPS and replace the Thermostat, aslso need to fix my check engine light which is not working at the moment.

It can't be 4.2L but a 2.4L. Anything that makes Honda of this model to short oil is very strong. You may need a new engine.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking by Itulah(m): 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
rosco191:

There's nothing like 4.2L engine 4 cylinder, unless you are telling us Accord 2005 now has V8 engine under the hood; which is very very impossible. I mean possibility is less than minus zero percent (-0%). However, with your explanation, you will definitely require a new engine, do no waste your money on re-rings cause it doesn't in anyway guarantee engine stability and performance.
Good luck.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking by omicpet(m): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2015
GET A NEW ENGINE OR SELL IT FAST..

TRUTH BE TOLD YOU MIGHT FIX D ENGINE IF YOUVE GOT COMPETENT HANDS BUT THATS LIKE AN EXTRA 8-14 months reprieve depending on variables such as your driving habit, maintenance culture , blah blah blah

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me O... Sienna 2000 / Dodge Challenger RT Vs Ford Mustang GT! Which Would You Take? / Pls Help Me Review This Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.