Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,142 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? (23659 Views)

Nigerian Man Says IVF Is Sinful / Sinful Giver Vs Repentant Non Giver.. Who's The Real Christian? / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by creepsyme(f): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
Vanquay:
Well, what else can I say but a mad man's ranting makes more sense than this post undecided
u mean my post or the OP?
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by gemale(m): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
dearpreye:
When your hairdo is weird and irresponsible, you'll know. Not everything must be spelt out- it's called self awareness.

So wt d heck r u sayn Wen u term a haircut irresponsible? So it's nw a crime 2 do something different abi? FYI irresponsibility is in act nt in haircut... So if 1 barbs low cut & acts wrong, is he responsible... Dis is 1 of d reasons I dislike most Nigerians. We r mostly superficial & shallow in our judgement of pple & tins.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by osesology(m): 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
psychologist:
Yes God doesn't look at ur outward look
But hey when the Lord changes you inside let it reflect outside...
#peace
On point!
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
killercute16:
This world sef don tire me
kikikiki! mix hypo with conc. HCl drink cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
OBVIOUSLY I'm the Op so it's definitely your post undecided
creepsyme:
u mean my post or the OP?
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by creepsyme(f): 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Vanquay:
OBVIOUSLY I'm the Op so it's definitely your post undecided
oooh I see, good ur own post is sensible.%=÷££×+
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by gemale(m): 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
GRACEGLORY:

Let's be sincere, if we saw GOD wearing dreads, or, all sides of the head shaved leaving only the middle, all front shaved leaving the back side, galax, or punk (punk means: young male partner of an homosexual, someone worthless et cetra), will you still pick up the bible to read, won't you want to set the book on fire, and say damn christianity. Wont you be disappointed...
We say GOD is our FATHER, dont we agree, well... some say He's Master, well... both FATHER, and Master are to be followed:

Malachi 1:6-A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you...

Does the hair cut or dressing glorify GOD or Honor Him?
we know the truth subconsciously cos they are embedded in our hearts.

So if God doesn't wear a haircut u lyk, u wldnt worship him abi? Dude ur ignorance ehn... E tall pass mount everest. God wt haircut? When it's stated in the Bible dt God is a spirit so therefore he doesn't engage in human activity like marriage, eating etc. D closest humans came 2 visually sighting God was in d person of Jesus Christ bt unfortunately we don't have a painting or picture of his true physical form bt in d form depicted in most images, he has long hair. Dis issue was not mentioned by Jesus. It was only mentioned by Paul in 1st corinthians where he frowned @ men wearing their hair long & ALSO women cutting their hair short. Y is it everyone is focused on the former & nt d latter? Stop judging people by their appearance & focus on their acts. Wt did God tell Samuel "man judges appearance; God judges d heart"... B more lyk d God u claim 2 worship.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Jamex130(m): 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
My own opinion is dat is a sin nd its nt a sin...... Its a sin when pple see u nd dae say is it nt dis guy a child of God look at wat he does..... Nd its nt a sin wen pple looks nd it nd did nt complain ...... I rest ma case
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by herrdeustch: 3:15am On Nov 16, 2015
Vanquay:
So I decided to try a new look and got myself dreads Mohawk some couple of months ago. I have since gotten rid of it but I remembered the three times I went to church, I got looks that could have made you think I was the Devil's Grandson. Why are Christians against dreads? Like it's right there in the Bible Samson had dreads. Sometimes I feel it's colonial mentality worrying all this African churches. Is it because you can't have a white mans straight hair, you decide to cut yours? undecided

It honestly baffles me when certain haircuts are judged as Devilish. Afterall doing things to please the society is a sin itself. So Nairalanders what do you think? Should Christians have only certain haircuts despite the Bible making no reference to it?

P.S: I changed it because I Run Track and play soccer, not the most comfortable of haircuts on a windy training session.

Lalasticlala cum with me make we go Barb Skin tongue

1. There are haircuts that are popular with occult groups and symbology - They are not sinful but are harmful as they attract negative implications
2. There are hairstyles that are shouty and may not go down well with your society - they are out of place in your society
3.There are hairstyles that you wear to to give you a sense of pride, boost your ego, oppress,etc- they are not a sin, but they lead you into teh sinful deception of pride of life,lusts of flesh and eyes, idolatry etc.
4.Your hairstyle might negatively influence someone- Doing so is a sin

So, no hairstyle in itself is a sin or sinful,but application of the hairstyle and the reason for wearing it could be sinful .
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by leookagbare: 3:57am On Nov 16, 2015
I don't know how and when i started loving you. But i know you are the only person i always dream and care about. I don't even have a second to live without thinking about you. My tongue just get hard when i see you, i can't even express what i always want to tell you. But i just wanna tell to you through this sms I Love You.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Crowny11(f): 5:14am On Nov 16, 2015
[quote author=Jeloma post=40036425]Nonsense! Where in the Bible is it stated that certain haircuts will get you into hell? Definitely, certain hair cuts could make you look like an irresponsible fellow, so that's probably the source of those dirty stares.[/quote
did you not read it in the bible; that our body is the temple of God or
that we may be in the world but nt the world? y should your inner and outer looks should even be worst like the world.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by GRACEGLORY: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
[quote author=gemale post=40056328]

So if God doesn't wear a haircut u lyk, u wldnt worship him abi? Dude ur ignorance ehn... E tall pass mount everest. God wt haircut? When it's stated in the Bible dt God is a spirit so therefore he doesn't engage in human activity like marriage, eating etc. D closest humans came 2 visually sighting God was in d person of Jesus Christ bt unfortunately we don't have a painting or picture of his true physical form bt in d form depicted in most images, he has long hair. Dis issue was not mentioned by Jesus. It was only mentioned by Paul in 1st corinthians where he frowned @ men wearing their hair long & ALSO women cutting their hair short. Y is it everyone is focused on the former & nt d latter? Stop judging people by their appearance & focus on their acts. Wt did God tell Samuel "man judges appearance; God judges d heart"... B more lyk d God u claim 2 worship. [/quote

GOD, is fashionable, he might not necessarily wear some haircut but we can tell what He seems to look like from the impression of the appearance of his person from Scriptures:

Genesis 18:1-9

The Lord appeared, and Abraham saw Him coming. What did He look like? He looked like a man. But it was the Lord because Abraham bowed down and worshipped Him, and the Lord did not reject his worship.

In verse 4, Abraham says, "Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet." God has feet. Then he says in verse 5, "And I will bring a morsel of bread." We find that God took the bread and the meat, and the three of them ate. He spoke, so He had a voice, and He conversed with Abraham and Sarah.

God shows other qualities here that are interesting to think about. How long did it take Abraham to run, order a calf killed, have someone slaughter it, bleed it, skin it, butcher it, roast the meat, and then serve it to Him? It must have taken a few hours at least. In the meantime, God is sitting under a tree, and He is at the same time running the whole universe. He must have been handling all of the other things that go on in the universe from that chair or pillow He was sitting on.

Exodus 33:22-23

Moses asked to see Him in His glory, and in His glory God still had shape and form. He still was solid; He held His hand over Moses' eyes so the man could not see through it, and he must have felt the pressure of the hand on him. If Moses saw God's back side, God must also have a front side.

Matthew 17:1-5

When Peter recollected in II Peter 1:16, he was recalling the event in Matthew 17. When Jesus was transfigured, glorified before them, He did not take on a different shape and form than He had before. He still had a recognizable face. He still had clothing on, but everything became shining and bright. Undoubtedly, this was done to impress on the minds of these three men that this Jesus was God in the flesh.

ohn 4:24

God is Spirit, and nowhere, not even in one verse, does it say that God does not have a body. He is perfect, immortal, infinite, immutable, self-existing, omnipotent, omniscient, invisible, impartial, absolutely holy, full of knowledge and wisdom, and sufficient to provide for His entire creation.

Like any other person He has names, and in His case, many names. And just as our names identify us as specific individuals, His names identify Him. He has titles by which He is known. Men and women have titles by which they are known.

The Bible shows that He has a head, hair, face, arms, fingers, hands, waist, loins, eyes, eyelids, nostrils, ears, mouth, lips, tongue, breath, feet, and back parts. God even speaks of His heart! He rests, but He does not get tired. He feels things. He eats and drinks, and the alcohol in wine, as Judges 9:13 says, has an effect on Him: It cheers His heart. He laughs. He becomes angry. He speaks in a small still voice; He roars from Zion. As a man, He wept. Sounds a great deal like us, does it not? It should because we are made in His image and likeness.

But there is even more. He goes about from place to place in a body, just like anybody else. He rides in a vehicle. He walks. He plants. He works. He lives in a spiritual place called heaven.

Yet, despite all these biblical descriptions, the men and women who claim that God has no body never cite any other passage except John 4:24 as proof. But He has revealed Himself in so many different ways in His Word that what these people say turns God into a liar who deceives mankind about what He is like.

My brother, Haven't you read:
As he is, so are we in this world." 1 John 4:17.

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. Psalm 82:6

We are all spirit beings like GOD is. That's why our spirits are the ones that gets born again.

As touching judging by appearance: it all comes from inside. You can tell a cold drink by its bottle, you can tell a bad fruit by its appearance without having to open it or taste it.
Didn't mom and dad ever taught you that appearance tells the manner. Or you'd be comfortable with a guy wearing makeup, tight jeans like them ladies leggings, pierced nose, glossy lips met cetera... who bent over to pick stuff in front of you on a que in the bank and there you are: right in front of you, G string flashing outta his bum grin . And later tries to get your attention. I bet you won't judge by the he she's appearance. Will you.

We have the mind of Christ let's use it.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by gemale(m): 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
[quote author=GRACEGLORY post=40085671][/quote]

U strike me as 1 of those Christians dt read d Bible literally instead of metaphorically.... All those parts u mentioned r figurative expressions... His heart is a symbol of his nature & thinking, His eyes a symbol of his omnipresence, his hand a symbol of his infinite might & power etc. He only took d for of humans in d Bible 2 identify & empathize wt humans... 2 gv u a minute idea of Himself. So where in d Bible were styles like d Mohawk, punk etc blacklisted or branded evil. Most people just sheepishly follow wt dey r told instead of finding out d truth 4 d demselves. Wt u call gallas (d Mohawk) is a variation 2 a hairstyle worn by males (who were called braves) of D native Americans (d Mohawk were 1 of D tribes). These tribes were almost exterminated by d European settlers & their legacy disparaged. D Mohawk resurfaced during d hippie generation & was adopted mostly by heavy metal rockstars as a sign of youthful exuberance & defiance 2 the previous generation dey regarded as stiff. What u call punk is actually called a flat top. It was a style popularized because it was worn by soldiers since d Era of world War two. So tell me why do you call certain haircuts satanic or irresponsible? because u don't like it? Life is abt wt u lyk & pple wld nt always think & act as u do. Wt I find totally unacceptable is dt u attribute ur pettiness & narrow mindedness as characters possessed by the Almighty God. Personally I don't think on d day of judgment, d haircut I wore wld take precedence. If u were talking about articles of clothing exposing sensitive areas in d body, I would understand bt tell me which part of my body am I indecently exposing when I barb Mohawk /punk/Obama? Finally piece of advice 4rm me 2 u.... Learn 2 live & let live.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by GRACEGLORY: 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
gemale:

U strike me as 1 of those Christians dt read d Bible literally instead of metaphorically.... All those parts u mentioned r figurative expressions... His heart is a symbol of his nature & thinking, His eyes a symbol of his omnipresence, his hand a symbol of his infinite might & power etc. He only took d for of humans in d Bible 2 identify & empathize wt humans... 2 gv u a minute idea of Himself. So where in d Bible were styles like d Mohawk, punk etc blacklisted or branded evil. Most people just sheepishly follow wt dey r told instead of finding out d truth 4 d demselves. Wt u call gallas (d Mohawk) is a variation 2 a hairstyle worn by males (who were called braves) of D native Americans (d Mohawk were 1 of D tribes). These tribes were almost exterminated by d European settlers & their legacy disparaged. D Mohawk resurfaced during d hippie generation & was adopted mostly by heavy metal rockstars as a sign of youthful exuberance & defiance 2 the previous generation dey regarded as stiff. What u call punk is actually called a flat top. It was a style popularized because it was worn by soldiers since d Era of world War two. So tell me why do you call certain haircuts satanic or irresponsible? because u don't like it? Life is abt wt u lyk & pple wld nt always think & act as u do. Wt I find totally unacceptable is dt u attribute ur pettiness & narrow mindedness as characters possessed by the Almighty God. Personally I don't think on d day of judgment, d haircut I wore wld take precedence. If u were talking about articles of clothing exposing sensitive areas in d body, I would understand bt tell me which part of my body am I indecently exposing when I barb Mohawk /punk/Obama? Finally piece of advice 4rm me 2 u.... Learn 2 live & let live.

I see... I already learnt a lot from you since you have types of Christians, and that you read the Bible metaphorically... I give it to you brother, you're good, so good.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 17, 2015
leookagbare:
I don't know how and when i started loving you. But i know you are the only person i always dream and care about. I don't even have a second to live without thinking about you. My tongue just get hard when i see you, i can't even express what i always want to tell you. But i just wanna tell to you through this sms I Love You.
Re: Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut? by oaroloye(m): 8:22am On May 21, 2017
SHALOM!

Vanquay:
So I decided to try a new look and got myself dreads Mohawk some couple of months ago. I have since gotten rid of it but I remembered the three times I went to church, I got looks that could have made you think I was the Devil's Grandson. Why are Christians against dreads? Like it's right there in the Bible Samson had dreads. Sometimes I feel it's colonial mentality worrying all this African churches. Is it because you can't have a white mans straight hair, you decide to cut yours? undecided

The OYINBOS have a technique for destroying Churches. They send in someone to introduce some new Sin or Fad. This may appear random, but it probably isn't.

A former Roman Catholic Priest confessed that when he was in training, he infiltrated a Protestant Bible School, and was assigned a TEAM of Nuns, all UNDERCOVER, like himself, whose ASSIGNMENT was to USE SEX to DESTROY the School (sic)!

One Nun went around seducing Pastors on his command. Another Nun PRETENDED to be having an affair with the Principal- since he could not be tempted into Adultery. It was just as effective.

The Priest-in-Training and another Nun PRETENDED to be engaging in a Romantic Affair after curfew, in order to IMPLANT THE IDEA in the minds of the other innocent and virtuous students.

So, you will find that some idiot will come to introduce destructive nonsense into churches, saying: "WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?"

There is such a thing as NORMALCY!

LORD YAHSHUA blasted the Pharisees for their 100% BIBLICALLY-SANCTIONED dressing, but which was EXAGGERATED to have an EFFECT to make people think they were BETTER than the LAYMEN- whereas they were WORSE.

It honestly baffles me when certain haircuts are judged as Devilish. Afterall doing things to please the society is a sin itself.

You are LYING.

If someone put on a haircut that was as bizarre to you as yours is to the mainstream, you would reach a point where you would have to admit that it was "crazy!"

Would YOU tolerate a MOHAWK that was put on SIDEWAYS? Or DIAGONALLY? ASYMMETRICALLY?

What exactly has to happen, before you realize that the person is truly INSANE?

So[quote] Nairalanders what do you think? Should Christians have only certain haircuts despite the Bible making no reference to it?

The Lord YAHSHUA wanted his Disciples to decorate themselves with GOOD DEEDS that GLORIFY GOD, rather than VAIN ANTICS that merely glorify SELF, and EXALT SELF.

You are a fool for saying that you do things "because The Bible makes reference to it!" In the Ancient Times, the women wore trousers, while the men wore miniskirts- where you could look up, and see "glory."

Even GOD made mention of it, after He finished dictating THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

P.S: I changed it because I Run Track and play soccer, not the most comfortable of haircuts on a windy training session.

IT NOW EMERGES THAT YOU ARE NOT EVEN A RESPONSIBLE MEMBER OF SOCIETY, BUT A VAIN GAME-PLAYER, SABBATH-BREAKER, AND SPORTS-IDOLATER.

No wonder you do not know The Thoughts and Ways of God!

No wonder you were trying to corrupt your church!

Lalasticlala cum with me make we go Barb Skin tongue

"CUM" is a vulgar sex term, completely inappropriate here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell / Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / Lords Chosen Testimonies: Highway Robber Saved By God (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.