Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Pasta And Bolognese Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pasta And Bolognese Sauce (3118 Views)

Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) / Bolognese Recipe / Everything Pasta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pasta And Bolognese Sauce by naijacutee(f): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2006
[color=#000099]Ok, I made this really good sauce the other day so I thought hey, why not join the bandwagon. This is also in Amaka's thread but I thought I might use this to start a new thread, to include tasty non-nigerian food!

Name of food : Pasta with Bolognese sauce (Ezzy style)

Ingredients
Pasta/ Spaghetti
Minced meat (Preferably beef)
1 can Tinned tomatoes (Not puree) or fresh ones if you like it fresh.(Please blend)
1 chilli pepper
Thyme
Garlic
Salt
Maggi or Knorr
Vegetables : Sweetcorn, Peas, Broccoli, diced carrots,sliced cabbage and any otehr vegetables that catch your fancy
Salt
Coking oil
Lots of sliced onions

Method:
Defrost the mince in a pan and simmer
When the mince is fully defrosted, salt,garlic and a LOT of sliced onions (perhaps a whole small sized one) and season to taste

In a separate pan, put some cooking oil and 'fry' some more sliced onions
Add your tinned tomatoes/blended fresh tomatoes
Add thyme, garlic and other seasonings according to your taste
Pour in the mince and everything that comes with it into the tomatoes

In separate pan/wok stir-fry your vegatables.
I.e put 1 tbspoon of oil in and keep stirring the vegetables as they fry

After 3 mins, pour in the tomatoes/beef mince and stir properly.
Leave to simmer together for about 3 mins

(Hope you were boiling the pasta in a separate pan all the while!. If you weren't, then boil pasta and sseason with salt in a separate pan)

As you wll see in the second picture, the pasta is hardly off the cooker before it is devoured greedily by housemates. Therfore if you have housemate, please use some odour neutralising spray outside the kitchen as everyone soon flocks to the kitchen (too keep you company as they just realised you've been lonely etc) and the food is devoured even before it comes off the cooker!

Hint: Make limited pasta so anyone who wants more will have to get up and go and cook some pasta themselves! *evil laugh*

I apologise or the poor quality of my pictures, Phone not a good x-ray!

[/color]
Re: Pasta And Bolognese Sauce by yebarbie(f): 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2006
Hi girl. that is realy nice. i will definitely try it one of the holiday days. thankyou.
Re: Pasta And Bolognese Sauce by cutieexx(f): 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2007
@ naijacutiee, girl that's nice. when i do mine though, i mix it together so it's like jollofpasta/spaghetti, tastes and looks good. wink wink wink wink
Re: Pasta And Bolognese Sauce by Damest09(f): 4:26am On Feb 06, 2007
I like spaghetti better and i eat that every week, that's one of the food i can't live without. I even have a mince maker. You just fall in love with that food.
Re: Pasta And Bolognese Sauce by cutieexx(f): 10:25pm On Feb 06, 2007
@ damest09
girl, u n my brother got to be twins. d boy basically lives for the sake of spaghetti. grin
Re: Pasta And Bolognese Sauce by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 30, 2007
okay, it taste good when u cook it right

(1) (Reply)

Awara And Tuwon Madara Recipes Needed / Natural Solutions To All Infertility Problems / Do You Need White Butter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.