Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,722 members, 7,824,052 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Must have Android App for all serious bloggers: Blog Hub - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Must have Android App for all serious bloggers: Blog Hub (1194 Views)

I Have Android App To Sell / Team Humane App For The Blind Wins Microsoft Imagine Cup Nigeria 2016 / Video Illustration For Blog Hub (android App For All Bloggers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must have Android App for all serious bloggers: Blog Hub by nnamdiosu(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hi guys,
Please i just published my very first android app called blog hub to the store. Comments and critiques are very much welcomed. Please let me know what you guys think. Just feel free and say it all. God bless.
download link is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.debut.bloghub
thanks

Re: Must have Android App for all serious bloggers: Blog Hub by nollyj: 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Well done @nnamdiosu

I am glad that you have taken the first step to publish your first android app. Although you do not have the best of UI but you can think of working on it as you gather more experience on interface design or you can seek help from your friends that are good in UI design.

Observation 1

The View list of Blogs is not working properly. I added my android programming blog (www.inducesmile.com) and it was not able to load correctly when I wanted to view it.

I will also suggest that you categorize the blog listing rather than viewing blogs in different categories together.

Observation 2

If you are planning to make money from this app, I do not see much potential the way it is now. Even if you have huge downloads your ad revenue will still be small. You can add Admob Interstitial Ads and think of the best ad placement position within your app. I will not like to talk more about this because it is better you focus on marketing your app and getting downloads before thinking of making money.

Final Suggestion

Please focus on promoting your app. Try to get some backlinks, post it in different blogs and forums. I have checked and it seems that the keyword Blog and hub are not competitive in the Play store so you have high chances of getting organic downloads and growth.

You can send a guest post about your android app and I will help you publish it in my android programming and tutorial blog. Also you can contact Kelvin the owner of AndroidPortalNg.com blog and ask if he can publish your app on his blog platform.

Remember to let your friends know and don't feel shine to talk about your app.

Some people will trash your app or pass harsh criticism, just focus on the positive and take the important criticism. Don't waste your time and engage on unnecessary argument even when you feel that someone wants to bring you down rather use the time to keep improving your app.

I wish you all the best through your journey in android development world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must have Android App for all serious bloggers: Blog Hub by nnamdiosu(m): 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
nollyj:
Well done @nnamdiosu

I am glad that you have taken the first step to publish your first android app. Although you do not have the best of UI but you can think of working on it as you gather more experience on interface design or you can seek help from your friends that are good in UI design.

Observation 1

The View list of Blogs is not working properly. I added my android programming blog (www.inducesmile.com) and it was not able to load correctly when I wanted to view it.

I will also suggest that you categorize the blog listing rather than viewing blogs in different categories together.

Observation 2

If you are planning to make money from this app, I do not see much potential the way it is now. Even if you have huge downloads your ad revenue will still be small. You can add Admob Interstitial Ads and think of the best ad placement position within your app. I will not like to talk more about this because it is better you focus on marketing your app and getting downloads before thinking of making money.

Final Suggestion

Please focus on promoting your app. Try to get some backlinks, post it in different blogs and forums. I have checked and it seems that the keyword Blog and hub are not competitive in the Play store so you have high chances of getting organic downloads and growth.

You can send a guest post about your android app and I will help you publish it in my android programming and tutorial blog. Also you can contact Kelvin the owner of AndroidPortalNg.com blog and ask if he can publish your app on his blog platform.

Remember to let your friends know and don't feel shine to talk about your app.

Some people will trash your app or pass harsh criticism, just focus on the positive and take the important criticism. Don't waste your time and engage on unnecessary argument even when you feel that someone wants to bring you down rather use the time to keep improving your app.

I wish you all the best through your journey in android development world.

thanks bro. I really appreciate it. to answer ur comments.
1 . the view list if blogs is working perfectly well. you actually made a mistake in ur blog submission. you wrote . com twice I.e induced smile.com.com. there y u couldn't view the site. I'll go to the database and edit it for u. and yes in my next update I'll categorized the blogs listing via spinner .

2. thanks for ur suggestion on ad mob interestital.
I don't want to distract the users of the app. You know this type of advert loads up on the whole screen. I felt it won't be nice for my users to be reading and on next click a whole advert banner shows up on their face.

doing my best to promote the app.
Lastly thanks so much again for the advice and comments. I'll contact Kelvin. Also I'll send the guest post for you to post on inducedsmile for me. Thanks again

(1) (Reply)

What Goals Did You Set For Yourself As A Programmer? / Free Python Udemy Courses / A Month Of Cloning Facebook, G+ And LIS. The Result= Gisthive.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.