Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

I Wanna Buy A Minivan And I Need Advice. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Wanna Buy A Minivan And I Need Advice. (968 Views)

The Mercedes Metris Is The WORST Minivan Ever Made / How Toyota Turned A Sienna Into The World’s Most Bad-ass Minivan / VIN Check: 1 Step You Must Never Skip Before You Buy A Car In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Wanna Buy A Minivan And I Need Advice. by iyisco2001(m): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
Happy weekend to you all, I am thinking of purchasing a Mini van and i am finding it hard to make a choice.
What i have in mind now are Ford Galaxy and Volkwagon Sharan.
Kindly advise on any possible faults, failure and performance of these vehicles.
I welcome any other option from my auto Gurus.
Budget 450k to 600k

Gracias.
Re: I Wanna Buy A Minivan And I Need Advice. by nurey(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
The ford and sharan share some parts, I also think the galaxy is another sharan with ford badge. This cars are used extensively in the northern parts of Nigerian, only the sharan I can say is also used in the south west. They are below the 1million mark for the tokunbo since you didn't state your budget, it can be hard to recommend, cause most compact toyota mini vans are extremely expensive but are many in different variants and forms
Toyota: picnic, Avanza, Avensis verso, previa, sienna (is bigger both size an engine)
Mazda MPV (only gurus decide which one is best whether 4 or 6 cylinder)
Mitsubishi Space bus (there is a variant that looks out of this world)
Peugeot 806 (also popular in the north) durable an rugged
second generation nissan quest pls stay away from the 3rd generation (my opinion though)

1 Like

Re: I Wanna Buy A Minivan And I Need Advice. by iyisco2001(m): 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
@nurey
Thanks so much for your response.
i am staying away from toyota product for now cos of the cost like you rightly mentioned.
i saw a galaxy for around 550k to 600k for toks and i might take the offer. I am just concerned with the possibility of the vehicle developing faults or annoying maintenance issues.

(1) (Reply)

First Ever 'made In Ghana' Cars Are Built To Survive Anything / 10 Most Terrifying Vehicle Manufacturing Defects / PHOTOS: You Wouldn't Beleive This Rickety Bus Can Still Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.