Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) (5278 Views)

Free Online Training For Html/css, Javascript, Jquery, Mysql, Php, Java, Android / Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql / Coding A Responsive Slider (HTML, CSS & JAVASCRIPT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Incorrect: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2015
Nmeri17:
Almost through with it sha but see this one
 var walk_the_DOM = function walk(node, func) { func(node);
node = node.firstChild;
while (node) {
walk(node, func);
node = node.nextSibling;
}
};

first of all the point i highlighted in bold in your code seem to be an error. Their is no function as Func() in javascript(except its your function which i cant see its definition). Also at the end you wrote "node=node.nextSibling". I guess you want to return the current node to the calling function which you can achieve using a "return node;".OR Tell me what you want to iterate through let me write you a copy of the code.
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Incorrect: 7:53am On Nov 24, 2015
Nmeri17:
^^^ I guess you're viewing on mobile. White space is set to nowrap on the code tag. Quote that code so you can see it properly. It's not incorrect

On an off topic, I totally agree with your personal text smiley

Come how dyu even cope with your mentions cheesy
nnah, my brother, the mentions tire me ooh. Sometimes i get up to 8 mentions from totally random topics. I never knew there were so many incorrect things in this world until i opened this account. I just wanted something without numbers behind it.
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Nmeri17: 10:46am On Nov 24, 2015
Incorrect:

first of all the point i highlighted in bold in your code seem to be an error. Their is no function as Func() in javascript(except its your function which i cant see its definition). Also at the end you wrote "node=node.nextSibling". I guess you want to return the current node to the calling function which you can achieve using a "return node;".OR Tell me what you want to iterate through let me write you a copy of the code.
func was defined on line 1. That snippet is from Douglas Crockford's book

https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/javascript-the-good/9780596517748/ch04s08.html
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
who can please enumerate some simple steps on how create game
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Incorrect: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
-
Nmeri17:
func was defined on line 1. That snippet is from Douglas Crockford's book

https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/javascript-the-good/9780596517748/ch04s08.html

Hi Nmeri17 i visited the site you added.. you seem to have all the codes there i don't seem to understand what exactly you want me to explain to you.
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Incorrect: 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
ANTONINEUTRON:
who can please enumerate some simple steps on how create game

First of all ANTONINEUTRON i am not a game developer, and also nothing good comes easy, but i decided to give you information to point you in the right direction. Here is a link to a couple of game development engines which you need to start developing real games.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_engines you have to go through them, and make a choice on the one that's best for you.
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by rayval(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
Incorrect:
are you well at all? If you scroll to the top of the thread, you'll see that the title contains "WEB DEVELOPMENT". What does manual data management have to do with Web development?? Do you store Web data in your cupboard?? Stop trying to be a Mr smarty pants if you have nothing useful to contribute to the thread. And don't derail my thread.
Hehehehehe.......some1 asked a question...and I answered...what wrong have I done?....be careful oo....bros...be careful....b4 ur face mk it to d front page..bros bros...hehehe
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
Incorrect:

your code isnt right you seem to be calling a function from within itself. I guess you want to iterate through html elements?
Please OP i will you to explain to me about
ALGORITHM??
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Nmeri17: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
Incorrect:
[s]

while closures are functions that can be accessed from other funtions

JAVASCRIPT EXAMPLE

var me = function(){
this.name = Kola
this.age= 12
this.profile = function(){
return this.name + ' ' + this.age;
}

}

var profile = function(){
alert(me.profile())
}
from this example the closure is the profile function in the ME function[/s]
angry angry
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/111102/how-do-javascript-closures-work?rq=1

grin grin op is yor head coreect or incoret?? what type of function is that "me"?? prototype of descendants of Kola with lifespan of 12 years grin
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
rayval:

Sorry...a database isnt neccesarily a software....a database is anywhere, corner, box, cupboard, under d carpet...data are store for future use.....software ave nw been created to help store these data...mainly for security and easy access.....instead of going to the hospital nd the nurse tks 1yr to luk for ur file, she jst log in nd run queries....excel is one of the most popularly used database..though nt super secure, oda xampkes re..oracle database, mysql, sql server, sqlite...etc...xome re open source...dt means u dnt need to pay to use dem......dse software v made d ata managmnt easy...nd sweetxt prt is retrieving d data...

take note of the bolded.....it conflicts ur earlier statements. Those are database engines, not database.

Technically, a database is a collection of related records that can be accessed and manipulated electronically.

2 Likes

Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Incorrect: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
ANTONINEUTRON:

Please OP i will you to explain to me about
ALGORITHM??

An algorithm is a finite sequence of step you take when solving a problem it doesnt have to be in any programming language and it can just be plain english. Let say you want to write an algorithm to check the minimum of two number you can do something like this.

1. Enter first number.
2. Enter second Number.
3. Is first number greater than second number?
4. If yes return second number else return first number.

Also there are many ways you can write a single algorithm, it all depends on how you think it
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
Incorrect:

An algorithm is a finite sequence of step you take when solving a problem it doesnt have to be in any programming language and it can just be plain english. Let say you want to write an algorithm to check the minimum of two number you can do something like this.

1. Enter first number.
2. Enter second Number.
3. Is first number greater than second number?
4. If yes return second number else return first number.

Also there are many ways you can write a single algorithm, it all depends on how you think it
Tanx!!
Anoda question!!

Please what do u make of this jquery code;

<div id="Antoni"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function()
{
$("#Antoni"wink.text('"My Name"');
});
</script>
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Incorrect: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
ANTONINEUTRON:

Tanx!!
Anoda question!!

Please what do u make of this jquery code;

<div id="Antoni"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function()
{
$("#Antoni"wink.text('"My Name"');
});
</script>

first of all i will advice you test run ur codes your self to see what it does.. That way you learn faster.

You are trying to input the value "your name" to the text value of the div with id "Antoni". The # is a css selector used to reference IDs.
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by KvnqPrezo(m): 4:53am On Jun 23, 2016
learning javascript is a bit hard.... . please can i get a tutor here??
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 24, 2016
I noticed everyone on Programming and Webmasters section like forming Boss!
Re: My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) by Maskyy(m): 2:30am On Nov 23, 2019
Nmeri17:
angry angry
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/111102/how-do-javascript-closures-work?rq=1

grin grin op is yor head coreect or incoret?? what type of function is that "me"?? prototype of descendants of Kola with lifespan of 12 years grin

Have heard of anonymous function before??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Guys Please How Can I Remove My Ucbrowser From Data Saving Mode / Need Help, Howto Export All Email Addresses On Mdaemon Mail Server: / What Is The Future Of Nigeria's Software Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.