Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem (2477 Views)

Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute / 13 Pictures You’ll Get If You’ve Ever Had A Horrible Nigerian Lecturer / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by olamibobo(m): 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nigerian, Dr. Opeyemi Enoch, has solved the 156 years old Riemann Hypothesis, one of the seven most important problems in Mathematics.

Enoch, a lecturer with the Federal University, Oye Ekiti (FUOYE), became the fourth to resolve one of the seven Millennium Problems in Mathematics.

The mathematician, an indigene of Kogi State, is reputed to have been working before now on mathematical models and structures for generating electricity from sound, thunder and Oceanic bodies.

I a statement issued in Ado Ekiti on Saturday, Dr Enoch presented the Proof on November 11, 2015 during the International Conference on Mathematics and Computer Science in Vienna, Austria, in what was seen as being symbolic, as it happened on the exact day and month 156 years after the problem was delivered by a German Mathematician in 1859.

According to reports, the Riemann Zeta Hypothesis is one of the seven Millennium problems set forth by the Clay Mathematics Institute with a million Dollar reward for each solved problem for the past 16 years.

The statement reads in part: “Dr Enoch first investigated and then established the claims of Riemann. He went on to Consider and to correct the misconceptions that were communicated by Mathematicians in the past generations, thus paving way for his solutions and proofs to be established.

“He also showed how other problems of this kind can be formulated and obtained the matrix that Hilbert and Poly predicted will give these undiscovered solutions. He revealed how these solutions are applicable in cryptography, quantum information science and in quantum computers”.

Three of the seven problems had been solved and the prizes given to the winners. Dr. Enoch makes it the fourth to be solved.

The mathematician had Enoch had, before now, designed a Prototype of a silo for peasant farmers and also discovered a scientific technique for detecting and tracking anybody on an evil mission.

He was also reputed to have successfully invented methods of protecting oil pipelines from vandalism and he is at the moment working on Mathematical approaches to Climate Change.

https://thenationtoday./

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by dammytosh: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nigeria is full of wonderful people.

Great nation ! great people.

I hope no name checking cos we don't do that for positive things
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by olamibobo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
No name checking joor. One Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
olamibobo:
Nigerian, Dr. Opeyemi Enoch, has solved the 156 years old Riemann Hypothesis, one of the seven most important problems in Mathematics.

Enoch, a lecturer with the Federal University, Oye Ekiti (FUOYE), became the fourth to resolve one of the seven Millennium Problems in Mathematics.

The mathematician, an indigene of Kogi State, is reputed to have been working before now on mathematical models and structures for generating electricity from sound, thunder and Oceanic bodies.

I a statement issued in Ado Ekiti on Saturday, Dr Enoch presented the Proof on November 11, 2015 during the International Conference on Mathematics and Computer Science in Vienna, Austria, in what was seen as being symbolic, as it happened on the exact day and month 156 years after the problem was delivered by a German Mathematician in 1859.

According to reports, the Riemann Zeta Hypothesis is one of the seven Millennium problems set forth by the Clay Mathematics Institute with a million Dollar reward for each solved problem for the past 16 years.

The statement reads in part: “Dr Enoch first investigated and then established the claims of Riemann. He went on to Consider and to correct the misconceptions that were communicated by Mathematicians in the past generations, thus paving way for his solutions and proofs to be established.

“He also showed how other problems of this kind can be formulated and obtained the matrix that Hilbert and Poly predicted will give these undiscovered solutions. He revealed how these solutions are applicable in cryptography, quantum information science and in quantum computers”.

Three of the seven problems had been solved and the prizes given to the winners. Dr. Enoch makes it the fourth to be solved.

The mathematician had Enoch had, before now, designed a Prototype of a silo for peasant farmers and also discovered a scientific technique for detecting and tracking anybody on an evil mission.

He was also reputed to have successfully invented methods of protecting oil pipelines from vandalism and he is at the moment working on Mathematical approaches to Climate Change.

How can you not see that that is satire?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by chumaster(m): 5:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
olamibobo:
No name checking joor. One Nigeria.
exactly, we need peace. But I wondered if you would have said this if she is an Igbo
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by MathsChic(f): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
olamibobo:

Really?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by olamibobo(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
Karmanaut:

How can you not see that that is satire?
How is the bolded a caustic remarks? It is a scientific research work haters are free to say anything they like.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
olamibobo:

How is the bolded a caustic remarks? It is a scientific research work haters are free to say anything they like.
LMFAO.
Satire doesn't have to be caustic.

There is no proof of the Riemann Hypothesis yet.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by olamibobo(m): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Karmanaut:

LMFAO.
Satire doesn't have to be caustic.
There is no proof of the Riemann Hypothesis yet.
Anyways if you still doubt it check academia for the pdf soft copy of the solutions and you tube for the video of the presentation. If professor of mathematics in overseas have accepted the young man claims and solutions and he has won 1m dollars for himself. You don't have to believe the solutions sir. Am celebrating my colleague for this breakthrough.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
olamibobo:

Anyways if you still doubt it check academia for the pdf soft copy of the solutions and you tube for the video of the presentation.
That's the problem, there is no other source apart from Vanguard, and Vanguard is shit.
Do you have a link to the peer-reviewed paper? I can't find anything on arXiv.
Link to the YouTube video too.
If professor of mathematics in overseas have accepted the young man claims and solutions and he has won 1m dollars for himself. You don't have to believe the solutions sir. Am celebrating my colleague for this breakthrough.
What professors?
Mention there names and links.
The information is. of even in the Clay Institute's Website.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
Karmanaut:

That's the problem, there is no other source apart from Vanguard, and Vanguard is shit.
Do you have a link to the peer-reviewed paper? I can't find anything on arXiv.
Link to the YouTube video too.
What professors?
Mention there names and links.
The information is. of even in the Clay Institute's Website.

Karmanaut is the only reasonable person I have seen here thus far. Oh father if only they knew what the reimann hypothesis is. For the records Gregory Perelman a complete recluse spent 7yrs to solve the Poincare conjecture which earned him the fields medal and the millineum prize(1 million us dollars) which he rejected any way. After solving this problem what did he do? He published it in a peer reviewed journal. It shocked the maths community and it took another 8 yrs to verify if he was correct. But what did this Opeyemi Enoch do? went to the media to broadcast a seemingly erroneous solution of a century old problem. This is just laughable, what happened to responsible research practices. These are people who make us laughing stock in the academic world. The gullible Nigerians will just swallow anything they are told. Utterly ridiculous.

PS: I just did a quick search of Opeyemi Enoch on google scholar, i could not find any quality journal of his not one. No track record. look at Andrew wiles and Gregory Perelman(former gold medalist of Olympiad achieved a perfect score) they had track records.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
MathsChic:

Really?

Please don't fall for this. It is not true u should know better.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by G12(m): 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Wow! Congrats to him.

Trust me, peoples have been busy trying to make money and care less about solving mathematical problems, cos apparently, e never help anybody. In fact, e dey make some people act crazy.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by oloriooko(m): 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nigeria is a complete nation with scholars from the south and shooters from the north cheesy
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Awa nikantan ;bfor reading self'..I already knw d tribe em go come from#

grin..
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
Masperano, I've found the link to the paper.
It's behind a pay wall but it's short (~8 pages) so everything shows in the preview.
http://www.academia.edu/1188935/Proof_of_the_Riemann_hypothesis
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
This was his presentation at ICMCS 2015 .

Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Karmanaut:
Masperano, I've found the link to the paper.
It's behind a pay wall but it's short (~8 pages) so everything shows in the preview.
http://www.academia.edu/1188935/Proof_of_the_Riemann_hypothesis

Trash. Just wait and see how he would apologize. U just can't solve problems of that magnitude without a track record.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
masperano:

Trash. Just wait and see how he would apologize. U just can't solve problems of that magnitude without a track record.
The so-called "proof" is the work of German Professor Werner Raab.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by MathsChic(f): 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
masperano:

Please don't fall for this. It is not true u should know better.
Of course. I checked it up online. It's not. Not many can do what Perelman did, not even established scholars in US schools.
Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by JetStar: 12:16am On Nov 16, 2015
I think many people on this thread are Ignorant about the Riemann Hypothesis and Clay Math Millennium Prize Problems and I wish to make some issues clear.

1.First and Foremost Dr. Opeyemi has not won the One million Dollar Prize. According to reports he is the fourth person to solve the problem. So even if his solution is correct, he will still not win the prize as there are three others who have solved the problem.

2. Currently Clay Mathematics Institute (the awarder of the One Million Dollar Prize) has still marked the Riemann Hypothesis as Unsolved at least for now. Which gives a clear indication that no one has yet been awarded or declared the solver of the 156 year old problem. For a proof of this visit www.claymath.org/millennium-problems/riemann-hypothesis

3. One of Clay Math rules states that if anyone is able to solve any of its Millennium prize problems the solution must be published in a Mathematical journal of worldwide reputation and the solution must be generally accepted two years after the solution has been shown to the whole world. But Dr Opeyemi have just shown the world his solution to the Riemann Hypothesis just a few days ago (Of Course he published it in a Math Journal) and his solution has been accepted by just some few people that have seen it. For more on Clay Math Rules visit here
www.claymath.org/millennium-problems/rules-millennium-prizes

4. Some bloggers went as far as posting falsehood about Clay Math Prize. They posted that Dr Opeyemi has won One Billion Dollar (Not One Million Dollar) prize. Isn't that Ridiculous In case you don't know Clay Math Institute only pays $1,000,000 (US Dollars) for solving any of its Millennium Prize problems

For my brothers and sisters out there who want to make some cool $1M by solving mathematics there are about Seven problems begging to be solved and I think you should try them. You can find them directly from the Clay Math website www.claymath.org/millennium-problems

Hey..... please wait before you click that link let me give you a warning: It is not that easy to solve mathematics. Sometimes math is not fun at all. Pick only one of the Unsolved problems and focus on it. Don't think you can solve them all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 16, 2015
For the record, this man taught me Numerical Analysis. He's damn good.

For you haters. I believe the news, and I expect more from him.

(1) (Reply)

APPLY FOR 2017/2018 MOBIL UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP / Score Above 270 In Jamb With Cps Solutions(Now available) / See How Sign Out Day Was Like In Federal Polytechnic, Offa Kwara State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.