Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Death Penalty For 419 Scum - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Death Penalty For 419 Scum (14438 Views)

Poll: Should It Be introduced In Nigeria?

Yes: 34% (26 votes)
No: 65% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Cross River Legalises Death Penalty For Kidnappers / PHOTOS: Meet Wasila, Nigeria’s 14-year-old Child Bride Facing Death Penalty / 100 Kidnappers Face Death-Penalty In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Thor(m): 8:36am On May 19, 2009
There is a culture in Nigeria that esteems those who can make money without working.

Those people cheat, scam and con their way through life. Children raised in this culture soon learn that stealing is acceptable.

Nigeria is rated as the second most corrupt country in the world (after Bangladesh) and that corruption is right through the whole of the society – from the top down. Nigeria will not be able to escape what some see as the legacy of colonialism until this problem is dealt with. As long as it is tolerated, or worse encouraged, by the majority of people then they will continue to struggle as a poor nation, stigmatized by a reputation for corruption and scamming.

Enough is enough, so I am starting a campaign to call for the introduction of the death penalty for 419 crimes. It is the only way that Nigeria can rid itself of the cancer that eats away at the very core of society, one that has the whole world treating ordinary Nigerians as outcasts and lepers.

If you are in business you will already know that you are treated with suspicion and disrespect, it is hard for you to trade with the West.

Nigeria is seen as the shit hole of Africa and it is time it stops.

For those of you that think 419 is clever, then think again. You are the problem that Nigeria has to combat, you are the first that should be hung.

DEATH TO 419 CRIMINALS

Lobby your local officials today to introduce the death panalty for these scum and lets make Nigeria great again  lipsrsealed

Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 19, 2009
Death penalty to anything serious-looting & murder cases.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by gamechange(m): 2:10pm On May 19, 2009
@poster

How is this going to work, because the first 419'ers are the Government officials of both present and past - who have shortchanged the general populace, promising one thing but giving another, these people have bankrupted the mindset of Nigerians, dented our mentality whereby when there is a hint that they are doing their job, we think it is something novel, we start singing their praises, we stand in awe. The fish they say rots from the head, find me a senator, legislator or Governor in Nigeria who has not 419'ed his/her people, then and only then a campaign of such nature might gain ground, otherwise this too shall pass.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by biola44: 2:13pm On May 19, 2009
419 is bad and unacceptable, but if 419ers are sentenced to death what should looters be sentenced to?
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Naijagirly(f): 2:19pm On May 19, 2009
Death Penalty for Fraudsters?
Bro which kind heart you get?
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 19, 2009
Lobby which Govt?
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by chykeo(m): 2:26pm On May 19, 2009
FOR WETIN?

LET US START WITH ALL THE COUNCILLORS IN UR LGA
THEN THE CHAIRMEN
HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY MEMBERS
COMMISSIONERS
GOVERNORS
REPS
SENATORS
MINISTERS
AND ALL PAST AND PRESENT PRESIDENTS
THOSE ARE THE REAL 419ers

For betraying the social contract/trust we had in them by electing them
And for all the others that stole the people's mandate
Yar' Adua for sleeping on the throne
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by yommyuk: 2:41pm On May 19, 2009
Let him who has no sin cast the first stone - this is the adage that will not let it work.

they will need to include corruption in govt, evading tax, dangerous driver and many more cry
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Thor(m): 2:44pm On May 19, 2009
LMAO at the number of degenerates on this forum who blame everybody but themselves for the problems in Nigeria. YES, those corrupt ministers should hang for their crimes together with the 419 scum bags.

Just because the government officials are corrupt does make it right for the rest of the nation to sit in internet cafes scamming and trying to steal money.

Typical Nigerian bullshit. Lets blame everybody else for our stupidity  angry angry angry

Death to all criminal 419 filth, corrupt politicians, looters and kidnappers in Nigeria  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Nigeria is a country with over 80 million inhabitants, but of course it is only the few people at the top that make Nigerian society rotten. LMAO

Let the executions begin  angry angry

Nigeria is rotten to the core and it is time to stretch some necks for the good of the nation and in respect of all the decent, law abiding Nigerian citizens that are not part of this filthy activity.

Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by kalmebad(f): 2:50pm On May 19, 2009
@ poster

Thor:

There is a culture in Nigeria that esteems those who can make money without working.

Those people cheat, scam and con their way through life. Children raised in this culture soon learn that stealing is acceptable.

Nigeria is rated as the second most corrupt country in the world (after Bangladesh) and that corruption is right through the whole of the society – from the top down. Nigeria will not be able to escape what some see as the legacy of colonialism until this problem is dealt with. As long as it is tolerated, or worse encouraged, by the majority of people then they will continue to struggle as a poor nation, stigmatized by a reputation for corruption and scamming.

Enough is enough, so I am starting a campaign to call for the introduction of the death penalty for 419 crimes. It is the only way that Nigeria can rid itself of the cancer that eats away at the very core of society, one that has the whole world treating ordinary Nigerians as outcasts and lepers.

If you are in business you will already know that you are treated with suspicion and disrespect, it is hard for you to trade with the West.

Nigeria is seen as the shit hole of Africa and it is time it stops.

For those of you that think 419 is clever, then think again. You are the problem that Nigeria has to combat, you are the first that should be hung.

DEATH TO 419 CRIMINALS

Lobby your local officials today to introduce the death panalty for these scum and lets make Nigeria great again  lipsrsealed

Whom do u see as d 419ers??

Those who play locally?? (Our Past and present leaders)

or those who play out? (Nigerians who scam their way to livehood)

When you are able to throw more light on your meaning of 419ers, only then may i have something to add, and only then also can your reason for campaigning can be justified or nullify
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Thor(m): 2:55pm On May 19, 2009
Both, they all need executing  angry angry angry

I am making no distinctions  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hang them all  angry

We all understand what 419 is and it requires no explanation. I did not start this thread to discuss corrupt politicians, looters or kidnappers.

They should all be executed  angry

The theme of this thread is that all convicted 419 scammers should be executed  angry angry

What good are these dirty, cheating, lazy good for nothing bags of shite good for?

At least when they have been executed they will enrich the soil and give at least something back to society  angry angry

The only good 419'er is a dead one  angry

Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by spikedcylinder: 3:09pm On May 19, 2009
I don't believe in the death penalty but if it should become a law, in the least, it will instill fear in the hearts of these fraudsters.

In the end, as a consequence of their fraud, they end up killing others too.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Builder: 3:13pm On May 19, 2009
lol, lets put them to death, heaven knows how many of your family will be left.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by uwani(f): 3:28pm On May 19, 2009
haba bros you harsh ohhhhhh grin, at least a few years in prison is okay, abi they don hit you b4? grin grin
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Theblessed(f): 3:33pm On May 19, 2009
Naaaaaaaaaaaaah, that's not the solution!!!

Now tell me how could death penalty be the solution for every thing?  Nigeria has been administering this wicked and cruel punishment on criminals since the 1970's yet, nothing has changed in fact, we have more crimes now than ever.  The problem is not the crime itself rather the government's inability to create work for her citizens - that's the problem.  You can not stop crime by firing squard when you had nothing in place that can engage people in providing for themselves.
GIVE THEM THE NET TO CATCH THEIR OWN FISH AND THUS, SEE CRIME DROPS.

We have shot, shot and shot armed robbers yet, criminals are still taking risks.  We have shot drug pushers thinking that is the solution yet, drugs are rampant all over the world now, than ever.  Now you are talking about shoting 419ers as if that would make people change - no it won't.  When someone has nothing going for him/her he would do anything to survive.

So, I suggest you recognise the disease first, diagnose it and cure it that way you decrease crimes.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by kshow1(m): 3:48pm On May 19, 2009
Haba , death penalty is too harse for fraudsters. let them serve some terms in prison !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Sermon: 4:08pm On May 19, 2009
You may as well ask for the moon as getting the death penalty for 419ners.

I think it's the cafes that should be the target of decent Naija anger. First demonstrate outside to embarrass those on the inside. Then force them to close if they won't listen to reason.

This is the true shame on us. We know what is going on inside these dens of vice but choose to close our eyes, and hold our nose while walking past.

National shame.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Thor(m): 4:46pm On May 19, 2009
Armed robbery and 419 are on slightly different levels. Maybe hanging is not so much of a deterent to armed thugs, but to your average filthy scammer it would be just too much to risk for sending scam mails  lipsrsealed

I think we should at least hang a few thousand of them and see what impact it makes, I bet most of these dirty filthy animals would not dream of sending scam mails if they were risking their lives on doing it?

Just think, every time one of these horse dicks sent a mail they would do it in the knowledge that it could cost them their life.

Builder:

lol, lets put them to death, heaven knows how many of your family will be left.

Probably half of Nigeria would need to be put to death  grin grin

At least it would solve allot of over crowding and traffic problems lipsrsealed
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by abhosts(m): 4:49pm On May 19, 2009
Such cannot be implemented under a civilian dispensation. It can only be carried out by a military dictator. Be that as it may, the rise of 419 in Nigeria is due to the fact that even the basis laws are not being applied to offenders. If that can be done effectively, there will be a drastic reduction in 419 related cases.

Those guys have ruined the reputation of Nigeria.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Jaytee67(m): 4:57pm On May 19, 2009
I am not in support of death penalty for 419ners but rather long jail terms will suffice.
To me cutting of the head is not the best solution for headache smiley
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Thor(m): 5:12pm On May 19, 2009
Jaytee67:

I am not in support of death penalty for 419ners but rather long jail terms will suffice.

As long as it is not your head it wont hurt  grin grin grin

If it is the head of a scammer then it might be enjoyable to watch and will solve Nigeria of it's huge headache  smiley smiley

I can understand from allot of the comments in this thread why Nigeria is in such a mess, nobody really wants to do anything about these animals, many people using this forum are probably involved or have been involved in 419 and the really sicko mental cases believe that it is cool  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

To those of you who want these filthy animals dealt with, I Salute YOU  smiley

For those of you that support these low life scum, you deserve to hang with them lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by AmAlone: 5:31pm On May 19, 2009
g.a.l = get a life!
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 19, 2009
is that your way of saying you don't want any nigerian alive?
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by AmAlone: 5:37pm On May 19, 2009
Jaytee67:

Abeg you dey reason joray. . . .

Death Penalty For 419 Scum. . . .
Bull Shit!
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 19, 2009
Theblessed:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah, that's not the solution!!!

Now tell me how could death penalty be the solution for every thing?  Nigeria has been administering this wicked and cruel punishment on criminals since the 1970's yet, nothing has changed in fact, we have more crimes now than ever.  The problem is not the crime itself rather the government's inability to create work for her citizens - that's the problem.  You can not stop crime by firing squard when you had nothing in place that can engage people in providing for themselves.
GIVE THEM THE NET TO CATCH THEIR OWN FISH AND THUS, SEE CRIME DROPS.

We have shot, shot and shot armed robbers yet, criminals are still taking risks.  We have shot drug pushers thinking that is the solution yet, drugs are rampant all over the world now, than ever.  Now you are talking about shoting 419ers as if that would make people change - no it won't.  When someone has nothing going for him/her he would do anything to survive.

So, I suggest you recognise the disease first, diagnose it and cure it that way you decrease crimes.    

UR JUST TALKING. DON'T YOU KNOW SOME DISEASES ARE INCURABLE ESPECIALLY THE NUMBER ONE DISEASE IN NIGERIA: GREED.
SOMEONE IS MAKING 20-30 MILLION NAIRA OFF 419 WITHOUT DOING ANY KIND OF HARD WORK, YOU EXPECT HIM TO COME TO AN OFFICE AND WORK FOR 1OOK. ARE YOU NUTS. MY DEAR THE ANSWER IS OUTRIGHT KILLING. NOT EVEN FIRING SQUAD. OTHER OPTIONS ARE: DROWNING, BURNING, SLAUGHTERING, HANGING, BEATING, KNOCKIG NAILS IN TO HIS HEAD, STONING, HANGING UPSIDE DOWN. IN FACT ALL THESE SHOULD BE DONE ON THE SPOT WITHOUT ANY JUDGEMENT. CATCH AND KILL. THATS WHAT WE NEED IN NIGERIA. NOT A CORRUPT JUDICIARY SYSTEM THAT SAYS MILK IS GREEN AND NOT WHITE.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Jaytee67(m): 5:48pm On May 19, 2009

. . .I can understand from allot of the comments in this thread why Nigeria is in such a mess, nobody really wants to do anything about these animals, many people using this forum are probably involved or have been involved in 419 and the really sicko mental cases believe that it is cool   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

To those of you who want these filthy animals dealt with, I Salute YOU  smiley

For those of you that support these low life scum, you deserve to hang with them   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@Thor
In as much as I am never a 419er and I will never venture into that, I cannot be hang with them. However, I still believe that death penalty may not be the solution. If every sin should be met with capital punishment, how many will remain to even move the nation forward? Are all our hands clean in every other areas of our lives even when we are not into 419 scam? (including all of you who want the filthy animals dealt with)
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by hackney(m): 5:49pm On May 19, 2009
As bad as 419 is, i will not recommend the death sentence for it.
Rather penalties like 10yrs in prison and/or asset confiscation.

Leave death sentence for murderers,armed robbers and gross abuse of public trust  (Govt Looters,bankers and contract money embezzlers).
The reason for this is that for 419 to be effective, there will usually exist a greedy MAGA trying to make 1million% profit.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by naijacutee(f): 5:50pm On May 19, 2009
Even if it is highly unlikely that this propositio will ever be lobbied, there have been stories of 419 victims "rightfully" taking matters into their hands and personally carrying out death sentences of fraudsters (Not that I am advocating this)

See:

A restaurant worker was sentenced to life in jail on Tuesday for murdering a Chinese graduate couple in Newcastle last year over their part in an internet betting scam.
Guang Hui Cao, 31, killed Xi Zhou and Zhen Xing Yang, both aged 25, at their flat in August 2008. He then mutilated their bodies.
. . .  Zhou was found lying face-down on her bed. Cao had bound her wrists with tape and then hit her over the head with a heavy weapon, possibly a hammer.
A piece of towelling was stuffed into her mouth, which had been taped shut, and she suffocated around 90 minutes after the ordeal began, the Press Association reported.
Yang was discovered in the other bedroom, having been hit with a hammer in the face and head. His throat had been slashed.
The court heard that the couple could have been killed for their part in a lucrative internet betting operation which saw 233,000 pounds pass through their bank accounts in three years.
. . . Cao, of Morpeth, Northumberland, had pretended he wanted to sub-let a room in their flat in order to make contact with the popular couple before killing them, the court heard.

Source: http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=16966463
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by xdos(m): 6:00pm On May 19, 2009
Very Funny, How u wan take submachine gun kill fly? Death penalty wont solve any problem. It wont reduce it one bit, The govt should better the economy, provide jobs for the people. Even u wey dey shout death penalty, Aint you using pirated CDs, why do u still patronize those selling pirated CDs, People will suffer to write programs and instead of u buying the original, u go for the pirated ones, and because ur own crime is not broadcasted, You here shouting dealth penalty, Most people who get involved in this are graduates who have looked for jobs and gotten none and instead of stayn idle, So dont blame them, atleast they are not armed robbers, One has to keep body and soul together!
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by MrCrackles(m): 6:14pm On May 19, 2009
Topic

Nope
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 19, 2009
@Poster,

Get an AK47, call all your family members to a roundtable, ask each one what they are doing for a living. Do not forget to include the person that paid your ticket to UK in the query. Start shooting from there, come back and tell us how you feel being an orphan with no relatives.
Re: Death Penalty For 419 Scum by ollybosieb: 6:45pm On May 19, 2009
If that has to be the solution then we have to start from our leaders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Hypnotized" Housemaid Gives Employer's N5.5M Jewellery To Fraudsters. / Police Reunite Three 'Abandoned' Children With Their Family (Photos) / 57 Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Lagos Granted Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.