Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

RELIGION: A Blessing Or A Curse? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / RELIGION: A Blessing Or A Curse? (982 Views)

They Do Not Consider Their Bodies A Curse, But A Blessing Instead / SOCIAL MEDIA: A CURSE OR A BLESSING? / Is Nairaland A Blessing Or A Curse. ? A Problem Or A Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RELIGION: A Blessing Or A Curse? by RICHC(f): 12:42am On Nov 16, 2015
I do hope this write-up will connect with the topic chosen for this post! It was with mixed feelings that I watched the breaking news on the attacks in various parts of Paris. It is an acceptable fact that every soul will one day die but it is better when you know death is around the corner and thus you prepare yourself and make right so many things. It is frightening to say the least when on the other hand, someone stuffs life out of you, without any warning or even allowing you at that point to just utter good bye to a few loved ones. Such was the case with the recent barbaric and inhumane killings of innocent souls who went out to catch some fun with friends and colleagues. The news got me stuck to my seat, with shock, fright, anger, resentment all mixed in a cup and forced down my throat! I could just imagine the shock on the faces of those who died and the others when these men opened fire on them. I have twice met with death which is why I used the word 'imagine' as you can not give what you don't have. I was nauseous and shaking at the same time as if I was right there or I know someone who could have been out at about the time of the incident. To say that my faith was questioned is an understatement. I found myself asking to no one in particular questions ending in why, with no answers. Why should these innocent souls be wasted for no just reason or cause? What is the concrete justification of this action?

Human beings are supposed to be higher animals in the sense that we were created to live above the lower animals as more sensible, composed, tolerant of one another and appreciative of each person's culture. Alas! it has become the other way round, I bet the other animals will be so disgusted and dumbfounded at our present way of living; brutality, hatred, animosity, and all kind of evil vices that should naturally be associated with lower animals have become widespread among human beings.

I was of the thought that religion is meant to unite and close the gap for war and the likes. My assumption was also that religion allows for all kinds of people to tolerate one another and live in harmony! If we all really believe that there is a supreme being, what right do any man have to take it upon himself to fight God's battles for Him. I am sure this God we all claim to serve is more than able to fight His wars and mete justice on whomever He wants to punish. Where is love in our hearts for each other if truly we serve this God. How do we perceive Him and His acts. If you claim to be fighting for God, are you killing the ones who are the offenders or you indirectly push others to their human endurance when they take up weapons when you kill innocent souls. Why hide under the guise of religion to carry out barbaric acts.

I do not serve the same God these evil men claim to serve. The God I know is Love personified and can very well fight for Himself without my assistance!

These men are a shame to the human race! They have reduced themselves to jungle animals feeding on other animals. They crave for blood and in return force the other animals to react.

The French Authorities have retaliated which wasn't necessary but for the disturbance of the peace of the land by these barbarians. This is what they want, war; revenge; others to also display their animalistic traits locked away in our being! They want people to stop being good and living in harmony. They are not ashamed to claim responsibility of any attack of such magnitude. They have created fear in people and put everyone on edge.

Is it their god that commands such acts from them? I shudder to think I am serving the same God as these claim. I am not a religious person but a Christian, who has a personal relationship with the Trinity. It might seem the Christians are not praying enough, but my bible tells me the weapons of our warfare are not carnal (we fight on our feet), so, we do not need to make any statement for we know who we serve!
Christians are praying and I know that God will surely in His time deal with all these wicked souls as He is giving them to repent for He is not a wicked God that takes pleasure in the death of any sinner.

It is very difficult expressing love to these people but that is the foundation of our Faith and which makes us stand out uniquely from others.
This recent event is raising questions to what could be the motive, what do they hope to achieve, how do you expect people to follow your religion when clearly you have shown that it is laced or founded on brutality and hatred. Every day a certain percentage of non-muslims convert to islam and they are not persecuted, but, if a muslim changes his faith, what persecution awaits the fellow! Is it fear, intimidation or non-recognition that is birthing violence in these men?

My thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of the innocent souls whose lives were tragically cut short by the actions of a group of evil men.

1 Like

Re: RELIGION: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Oshovie(m): 12:50am On Nov 16, 2015
I believe that religion per se, is neutral: it depends on what we use it for. Just as a knife that can be used to cook (good) and also used to kill (bad). Many have used religion to foster harmony; and also, have many used it to do otherwise. I also believe that we make religion and not religion makes us. Islam's reputation is dependent on the deeds of muslims. Just my opinion.
Re: RELIGION: A Blessing Or A Curse? by jomoh: 1:31am On Nov 16, 2015
Religion is blessing. Without religion there won't Atheists.
Re: RELIGION: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
Arise O compatriots...

(1) (Reply)

밤전ω༎bamwar8。c0m༎ω춘천키스방ω《선릉키스방 제니스》Ω수원키스방 / Embarrassing Moment Teacher 'forgets To Turn Off Projector While Browsing... / REFUTAL: Over Ripe Bananas Don't Have Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.