Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. (14230 Views)

How Many Scam Interviews Have You Attended? / Unemployment Is Affecting My Self Esteem! / Npower Beneficiaries Have Started Collecting Their Devices. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by Bawal: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
For more than a year now,i have been looking fora job.I have attended some job interviews and none has offered me job.Its normally 'We will get back to you'....,bla bla,etc.I dont know where i m getting things wrong.I am depressed and keep on asking myself,where is the problem coming from,does it mean i dont answer interview questions well?,is it that i dont know how to attend interview or how to talk before interviewers?.Considering the ones i have been attending and no result,recently i noticed that i dont have confidence anymore anytime i am called for interview.The last two i attended last month, when i got the invitation for the interview,within my mind i wasnt even happy, i see it as usual,wont it go the way other ones have been going(dont say i am not optimistic).When i faced the panel of interviewers i noticed that i am not confidence anymore,my body was slightly shaking.Please advise on how i can build back confidence and how best to attend interview or what you think is the issue.I am getting fed up of the whole situation.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by ify84(m): 4:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
Patience, you are the next to testify.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by jostking: 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
its going to be fine. dont loose hope when you are almost at the finish line.

Let me tell you my most guaranteed form of getting a job;

1. Do away with all those application for now
1. settle down and learn a useful skill in the workplace and become an expert in it. Give yourself say 4 months of dedicated practice
2. Approach the company and tell them how you can add value to them
At this point you are most respected than when you compete with thousands of graduates.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by olate: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2015
Next time drink one bottle of Dr Iguedo goko cleanser , look straight at the interviews and tell them 'give me the Job!!' then see what will happen

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by MilesLamar(m): 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
Prayers bro, prayers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by Pidggin(f): 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2015
Make friends with confident people, you will learn from them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by jony247(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
olate:
Next time drink one bottle of Dr Iguedo goko cleanser , look straight at the interviews and tell them 'give me the Job!!' then see what will happen
who Dr Iguedo goko cleanser Don help?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
Bro don't loose hope.

Take each disappointment from your previous interview as a blessing because you must have lots of lessons as to why you weren't successful.

boost ur confidence level by doing a pre-interview.
Brain storm for possible questions and have the best answer.

To be successful in an interview requires lots of hard work.

You don't just snap ur fingers and get positive response.
All the best in your endeavors

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by karleone(m): 6:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
It is well bro. Believe me.

1 Like

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by bxcode(m): 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2015
You need to work on yourself bro, just like someone suggested, you need to add value to yourself to the point that your brain can't deny the fact that you know what you can offer top any organization, that will automatically kill off your low confidence. Reading won't be a bad start, read books and articles on self development then add learning of physical skills to it. You can even go for volunteer work for few months at least to change your mindset and gather working experience, it's better than staying at home doing nothing. But most importantly, seek God honestly and he will guide you the best way. Never give up, you are closer than you can imagine.

5 Likes

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by Dahveydson(m): 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2015
Dear Bawal, we can't admit to really know how you feel, but I for one know that this is not a time to give into depression.

Sharing your feelings is a great step, now you have to turn it around and see the little positives in all of this, because there are, however how little.

Don't stop applying for jobs, don't stop attending interviews, don't stop developing yourself.

Do a reassessment of your previous interviews, learn from them, re-edit your CV and keep at it, it will pay off.

It is well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by wallmosh: 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
Many are facing such.

Mingle with people of confidence and be positive in your thoughts while still involve in great activities to Feature your in the Future Fixture.

#RegainItNow-YourConfidence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by ednut1(m): 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
Contact jarushub grin. Confidence is all that matters . was once in ur shoes. E go better
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by AMZYMAYO(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
Sorry about the slight predicament. I want you to study and digest this thread. I wish you the best
https://www.nairaland.com/2560532/interview-exposed-some-things-need-know

1 Like

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by Harmvirus(f): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2015
Don't lose hope. Pray to God for help
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by damton(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
It's not your fault.
That's the situation we've found ourselves in this country.

Nevertheless, don't despair.
There is always light at the end of the tunnel
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by lasisi69(f): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
End time
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by braine(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
I know that feeling.
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by kingzjay(m): 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Indeed................It is well
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by kennyman2000(m): 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by looseweight: 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ol
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by ultrazone(m): 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ok
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Good !

One advice, stop going for interviews.

Na person suppose be vulcanizer or battery charger

1 Like

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by KomradeKorsche: 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Good, OP what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I have met a number of high profile people and have submitted proposals to multinational companies.
I have mostly been rejected by them all, but i always have a life lesson to learn afterwards.
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by damiloladuke: 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by Smartresult(f): 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
next op
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by deeswagger: 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
That is what uemployment does to pple, u start to lose confidence, then you turn to the street for inspiration.. . And what might that be? WEED!!!

2 Likes

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by steffans(m): 8:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
It's not like u are not good.. Some of those positions have been reserved for some special candidates..

It can only get better..

You don't need anything apart from ur confidence yin an interview..
So don't loose it..

Ur testimony is on d way..

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by englishmart(m): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
fvck interviews. I'm a boss

2 Likes

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by Agimor(m): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.Op be resilient one more step.

2 Likes

Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by johnstar(m): 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
End time op
Re: Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
Bawal:
For more than a year now,i have been looking fora job.I have attended some job interviews and none has offered me job.Its normally 'We will get back to you'....,bla bla,etc.I dont know where i m getting things wrong.I am depressed and keep on asking myself,where is the problem coming from,does it mean i dont answer interview questions well?,is it that i dont know how to attend interview or how to talk before interviewers?.Considering the ones i have been attending and no result,recently i noticed that i dont have confidence anymore anytime i am called for interview.The last two i attended last month, when i got the invitation for the interview,within my mind i wasnt even happy, i see it as usual,wont it go the way other ones have been going(dont say i am not optimistic).When i faced the panel of interviewers i noticed that i am not confidence anymore,my body was slightly shaking.Please advise on how i can build back confidence and how best to attend interview or what you think is the issue.I am getting fed up of the whole situation.
SIMPLE...PRAY BEFORE GOING IN AND ALSO TAKE IT EASY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things Every Job Seeker Must Do Before Getting A Job / Any Npower Applicant Shortlisted For N-agro / When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.