Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

From Tsafe To Bakura = From Fry Pan To Fire - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / From Tsafe To Bakura = From Fry Pan To Fire (727 Views)

Lagos To Zamfara (tsafe Camp) 22/05/17 / Zamfara (tsafe Camp) Batch A 2017 / Apply For The 2016 National Youth Summit (NYS Pan African Edition) In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Tsafe To Bakura = From Fry Pan To Fire by bobbyvic(m): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2015
Tor!! That's the little I could muster from the Hausa language I have been trying to learn. Three weeks in camp has finally come to an end. Whew!! The parade nuisancing is finally over. No more attention by number or the convention scode 1 that vibrates our eardrums. Finally freed so I thought. With decorum I strode to get my relocation letter only to get my bubbles burst with my posting letter to some obscured village in zamfara called bakura! The name even sounds like trouble. All shades of melancholy floods me. Can't imagining spending 11 month of my life here. All hope is not lost, just get to your PPA, trying to console myself. Damn! Why should i have a bullshit like this, the essence I can not see. Just a bloody variant way for our politicians suck the economy dry once more. That aside, almost 3hours on the road and my nightmare started. Bakura is all shades of fuckery. Why the hell am I here? Cursed is the human that looked at my bright prospect and portfolio yet decided bakura was the best option for me. Its definitely my village people, always looking for ways to pomade my face with sadness but God pass them. From the partly mud and concrete buildings, to the bushes that danced in mediocre habiting lots of crawling streaks waiting to descend on you. To the bogus laws restraining guys from every form of fun. The Lord is our strength. Yet I have 11 months to endure this plight. I doubt though. Would rather prefer a sacred relationship with a stiff rope and stable fan. Pray for a troubled niccur though

4 Likes

Re: From Tsafe To Bakura = From Fry Pan To Fire by gboli12(m): 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
Dat where I served ,zamfara state
Re: From Tsafe To Bakura = From Fry Pan To Fire by Objectives: 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hi Bobby, I understand your plight, thing is, with time you 'might' get used to the Bakura environment and probably feel relaxed about it, going about day-day activities all smiles and with enthusiasm too. I feel everything happens for a reason and as such there's always something you can make of your stay there.

Obviously Bakura doesn't meet your expectations and I can understand that, but you can always take positives out of a seemingly bad circumstance, you could engage yourself in selfless community aid activities that will benefit the indigenes around you;

Like taking extra lessons for free or a very meager fee parents 'd easily afford , pick one or 2 challenges in your PpA or host community and try to be a part of the solution process, sensitization on topics bothering on health issues(their health awareness isn't really encouraging) plus anything you think they'd appreciate and remember you for, this could make your stay there worth the while.

But if you feel its not going to be worth it, I totally understand and hope you get what you really want.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pcm's 16A In Osun State! Ile-ife In Precise Let's Meet Here. / Ex Corpers And Fellow Corpers Please Come In Pls / See What Techpoint.ng Wrote About CORPA!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.