Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? (1885 Views)

How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! / A Man Born Blind Saw Jesus / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 19, 2009
Arguements have been made on this issue that a man born blind (but through miracle can now see) can't identify colours, though he might have been hearing of colours during the times he was blind but since had not seen any colour before in his past life can he now tell that this is white or black or red,
My fellow nairalanders i need reply to this issue
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by manmustwac(m): 12:13am On May 20, 2009
Can a man {with eyesight} who has never seen a mammoth before know what an giraffe looks like? Can a man {with eyesight} who has never seen a dinosaur before know what a dinosaur looks like? So how can a man blind from birth  who has'nt seen any colours before in his life be able to identify colours on stage. This matter dosen't need debating coz the answer is obviously NO
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by anwo247: 1:21am On May 21, 2009
you know the answer is NO
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by Lagosboy: 7:17am On May 21, 2009
The answer is NO but honestly there have been a few of those sort of miracles on Nigerian TV and the blind man could identify colour which implies something fishy in there. Those were all part of the reasons BOC banned miracles on Nigerian TV.
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by Tudor3(m): 8:36am On May 21, 2009
Answer is YES! Pastor chris the magician has done it and will do it again!
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by arramyjay: 9:44am On May 21, 2009
No.
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 24, 2009
if No then how can a one year old baby speaks his mother tongue? how can a baby crawl without seeing anybody doing it? are these not one of the mystries of God that cannot be explained by man?
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 24, 2009
i see the congregation of islamic hypocrites thronging here . . . ask them same questions on their own boards and the violent sons of satan start frothing.
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by duduspace(m): 12:06am On May 25, 2009
davidylan:

i see the congregation of islamic hypocrites thronging here . . . ask them same questions on their own boards and the violent sons of satan start frothing.

Yeesh, can't yu just discard this us against them mentality for once and take a detached look at issues? sure they might be wrong but does that alone make you right?
Sentiments cloud reasoning you know?
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by Nobody: 12:09am On May 25, 2009
duduspace:

Yeesh, can't yu just discard this us against them mentality for once and take a detached look at issues? sure they might be wrong but does that alone make you right?
Sentiments cloud reasoning you know?

Precisely the same way your atheist sentiments cloud the way you approach religious issues. I'm glad you can at least appreciate your own hypocrisy.
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by Nobody: 12:15am On May 25, 2009
any dumb person would fall for that one.
there are many different form of blindness some curable other NOT. if a person is born WITHOUT EYES then i am sure that NO CHARLATAN would be able to "cure them" i will bet my life on that!!!!!!
as for the chap in the posters case, some people are blind due to de Morsier syndrome (Septo-Optic Displasia) who are born blind and thanks to stem cell treatment they can FINALLY SEE.
just educate yourself and everything will be ok!

here is one of the many examples: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/dakota-was-born-blind-but-now-threeyearold-can-see-14213970.html

you can also read more about that stem cell therapy here: http://www.stemcellschina.com/
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by manmustwac(m): 12:31am On May 25, 2009
The only colour a person born blind from birth should be able to identify is black
Re: Can A Man Born Blind (but Now Can See) Identify Colours? by duduspace(m): 12:04pm On May 28, 2009
davidylan:

Precisely the same way your atheist sentiments cloud the way you approach religious issues. I'm glad you can at least appreciate your own hypocrisy.

If you call requiring proof before accepting an argument sentiment then you are right.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Tb Joshua And Ghana's U20 Victory. / "unholy Tithes/gifts" Why Are Pastors N Clergymen Accepting It ? / I Hate Christians & Am Disgusted By Them - Al Azhar Proffesor Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.