Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan (2692 Views)

Please Help Me: Ghost Push Malware On My Android Phone / 7 Types Of Phone Users / How To Resume Expired Download Link On UC Browser For Android Phone Users. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by symbianDON(m): 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
A new trojan called Ghost Push has been wreaking havoc on thousands of Android devices across the world. It hides itself within popular apps and has made its way into various marketplaces, including Google Play Store. It gains root access and automatically downloads unwanted apps and ads.

The Ghost Push trojan is reported to have infected over 900,000 Android devices in 116 countries so far. It was discovered on September 18. It spreads by binding itself to popular apps that can be downloaded from official app markets. Since it gains root access to the devices, the malware is notoriously difficult to remove. Although it had managed to sneak past the strict security measures of Google’s Play Store, all the infected apps have been reportedly taken down.

The Ghost Push malware has been found to infect almost all the major Android versions from Gingerbread onwards. Some of the major manufacturers to have been hit with the virus are Samsung, Lenovo, Micromax, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc.

Owing to the nature of the trojan, standard anti-virus software CANNOT remove it. Although Cheetah Mobile has developed a special Ghost Push Trojan Killer app to get rid of the virus (it can be downloaded from the Google Play Store), my personal experience shows that the most recent strain of the virus WON'T be completely removed by this solution.

I must warn that it is best not to go through the harrowing trauma this trojan can unleash on your android device. My phone got infected on the 15/11/2015 and it was a very frustrating experience. I quickly went online to look for solutions on how to rid my phone of the virus but ALL suggested methods failed to remove the wicked virus. It hijacked my device and caused it to freeze and become unusable. It kept downloading useless and unwanted applications on my phone. Upon a reboot, it quickly gave itself root access and will immediately cover the screen with this obnoxious super mario game. I eventually was able to install the Ghost Push Trojan Killer app and ran it but each time it detected the viruses (the virus actually keeps downloading and installing more viruses on a device it infects!) and attempted to revome them, the viruses froze the phone and caused a reboot and reinstalled themselves. I tried freezing the viruses using titanium back-up app first before running the Ghost Push Trojan Killer app but somehow the viruses remained! I was like WTF cry cry cry .......I tried several other ways but no show grin grin grin grin grin

Finally this afternoon....na God win cool cool cool cool
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by powerfulsettingz: 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
Op pls hope this virus can't be contacted through s3x?

2 Likes

Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by symbianDON(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
I was finally able to rid my device of this MAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD trojan using a small windows program I found on the internet. I will share the method and the link to the tool (if mod permits me to share the link). This virus may persist even if you flash firmware. But this tiny tool will save your device from that Virus. Busybox will also be installed because it is needed to execute required scripts. However, YOU MUST ROOT your phone to be able to use the tool and also to remove the trojan.

The procedure:
Turn on USB Debugging (under developer option in settings)
Plug the phone via usb cable to your PC
Run Software
Choose any action on the software interface

Once mod permits me to post the link to the software, i will post it here ASAP. It's free to download and use.
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by symbianDON(m): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
Op pls hope this virus can't be contacted through s3x?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin brooooooooossssss i hail o
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by shegssosplendid(m): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
which kind virus be this again. well if the virus see data for my phone.. Ko le ri!!!!
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by Friedthunder(m): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
Okokobioko shocked
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by lawisong(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
All that one na long story. Simply go to Playstore and download "stubborn Trojan killer". Thats wat i used and the thing just humbled the virus in a few seconds. Very very powerful.
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by symbianDON(m): 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
lawisong:
All that one na long story. Simply go to Playstore and download "stubborn Trojan killer". Thats wat i used and the thing just humbled the virus in a few seconds. Very very powerful.
stubborn trojan killer doesn't work for the latest strain! trust me when i say so. i installed the latest version from playstore but it wasn't effective against the virus. in fact, that was why i created this topic.
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by invisibility: 9:48am On Nov 23, 2015
lawisong:

Thanks for the info. But does it work for non rooted phones?
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by Nobody: 2:17am On Sep 11, 2016
symbianDON:
I was finally able to rid my device of this MAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD trojan using a small windows program I found on the internet. I will share the method and the link to the tool (if mod permits me to share the link). This virus may persist even if you flash firmware. But this tiny tool will save your device from that Virus. Busybox will also be installed because it is needed to execute required scripts. However, YOU MUST ROOT your phone to be able to use the tool and also to remove the trojan.

The procedure:
Run Software

Once mod permits me to post the link to the software, i will post it here ASAP. It's free to download and use.
Hello bro, my android phone was infiltrated by the Ghost Push malware and it has eaten deep into my system files. Rendering those malware unistallable.
I have used several antivirus and anti-malware such as Stubborn Trojan Killer but to no avail. I have also done factory reset four times; problem still exist.
Also, lunched in safe mode to delete, same thing.
Please, is there any valid solution away from flashing my phone? Cos i don't want to lose it. Thanks as i await your help please.
seyi723@gmail.com is my email please..Thanks
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 11, 2016
symbianDON:

The procedure:
Run Software

Please give me the detailed procedure sir.. This thing is draining me
Re: Android Phone Users: Facts About The New Virus Ghost Push Trojan by Nobody: 3:30am On Sep 13, 2016
symbianDON:
A new trojan called Ghost Push has been wreaking havoc on thousands of Android devices across the world. It hides itself within popular apps and has made its way into various marketplaces, including Google Play Store. It gains root access and automatically downloads unwanted apps and ads.

The Ghost Push trojan is reported to have infected over 900,000 Android devices in 116 countries so far. It was discovered on September 18. It spreads by binding itself to popular apps that can be downloaded from official app markets. Since it gains root access to the devices, the malware is notoriously difficult to remove. Although it had managed to sneak past the strict security measures of Google’s Play Store, all the infected apps have been reportedly taken down.

The Ghost Push malware has been found to infect almost all the major Android versions from Gingerbread onwards. Some of the major manufacturers to have been hit with the virus are Samsung, Lenovo, Micromax, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc.

Owing to the nature of the trojan, standard anti-virus software CANNOT remove it. Although Cheetah Mobile has developed a special Ghost Push Trojan Killer app to get rid of the virus (it can be downloaded from the Google Play Store), my personal experience shows that the most recent strain of the virus WON'T be completely removed by this solution.

I must warn that it is best not to go through the harrowing trauma this trojan can unleash on your android device. My phone got infected on the 15/11/2015 and it was a very frustrating experience. I quickly went online to look for solutions on how to rid my phone of the virus but ALL suggested methods failed to remove the wicked virus. It hijacked my device and caused it to freeze and become unusable. It kept downloading useless and unwanted applications on my phone. Upon a reboot, it quickly gave itself root access and will immediately cover the screen with this obnoxious super mario game. I eventually was able to install the Ghost Push Trojan Killer app and ran it but each time it detected the viruses (the virus actually keeps downloading and installing more viruses on a device it infects!) and attempted to revome them, the viruses froze the phone and caused a reboot and reinstalled themselves. I tried freezing the viruses using titanium back-up app first before running the Ghost Push Trojan Killer app but somehow the viruses remained! I was like WTF cry cry cry .......I tried several other ways but no show grin grin grin grin grin

Finally this afternoon....na God win cool cool cool cool

Hello bro, my android phone was infiltrated by the Ghost
Push malware and it has eaten deep into my system files.
Rendering those malware unistallable.
I have used several antivirus and anti-malware such as
Stubborn Trojan Killer but to no avail. I have also done
factory reset four times; problem still exist.
Also, lunched in safe mode to delete, same thing.
Please do you have a valid solution away from
flashing my phone? Cos i don't want to lose it. How did you solve your problem please? Thanks as i
await your help please.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Xclub Now Have A New Look!! / Infinix Hot 6x Vs Infinix Hot 6 Pro / Tecno Spark 3 Unboxing And Review - I'm Shocked (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.