Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Aeronautical/aerospace Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aeronautical/aerospace Engineering (2222 Views)

African Girls Fly Too (AGFT) Aviation And Aerospace 2016 Summer Camp / Aeronautical Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aeronautical/aerospace Engineering by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
Goodday my brothers and sisters..

I think it's high time we looked for a way forward as young minds by diversifying into other sectors of engineering other than oil and gas engineering...

For long I had always known that the oil industry would be congested as it is now..many can't get in with all their acquired degrees in engineering and many are being retrenched...its imperative that we start thinking outside oil and gas..if we have chosen to continue in the academic field in order to create landmarks as engineers we need to spread our tents to other wonderful wings of engineering..

I have always loved the aero industry but not had the opportunity to further my studies in aeronautical engineering..i am more than resolved now to chase my dreams in the said field knowing that the aero industry has so much in store for young engineers..the aero sector is a fast growing sector that has adopted and used the best of innovations...it is also a lucrative sector which I believe would expand in the future in nigeria...if the ministry of transport and aviation is handled with all seriousness we should expect immense growth in the aero industry..for all those who run around the world studying petroleum engineering just to be stuck in nigeria jobless,its time to widen out and explore endless opportunities in other sectors..weve become too myopic in this country..

Is there any aeronautical engineer in the house that can come up for a chat??..

Let us discuss much about the industry...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aeronautical/aerospace Engineering by Truckpusher(m): 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nice thread bro.
I don't know much about Aeronautic Engineering but this is a huge industry with lots of potentials to create jobs for the teeming population.
I just wanted to point out that it is erroneous to say that the oil and gas industry is congested. The Government can embark on policies that would cut salaries and job time in the oil and gas industry to create room for other Nigerians that are still in the labour market to fill in the vacuum and may I also remind you that a large percentage of our crude is not being refined in this country which would have created a lot jobs and other end products from crude can be used to create jobs in factories and some other sub sectors such as chemicals, plastics et al but unfortunately we've got too many iidiots and kleptomaniacs in Abuja over years who can't think beyond lining their pickets to buy choice properties in a country developed by their fellow men.
Before we can even move forward we have to drop this unitary system of Government that encourages a parasitic relationship that is counterproductive in nature from the federal level to the local govt. level, else we are going nowhere. Some regions seem to be too comfortable with the backward system of Governance we have in place and this is our Achilles heels.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aeronautical/aerospace Engineering by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
Nice thread bro.
I don't know much about Aeronautic Engineering but this is a huge industry with lots of potentials to create jobs for the teeming population.
I just wanted to point out that it is erroneous to say that the oil and gas industry is congested. The Government can embark on policies that would cut salaries and job time in the oil and gas industry to create room for other Nigerians that are still in the labour market to fill in the vacuum and may I also remind you that a large percentage of our crude is not being refined in this country which would have created a lot jobs and other end products from crude can be used to create jobs in factories and some other sub sectors such as chemicals, plastics et al but unfortunately we've got too many iidiots and kleptomaniacs in Abuja over years who can't think beyond lining their pickets to buy choice properties in a country developed by their fellow men.
Before we can even move forward we have to drop this unitary system of Government that encourages a parasitic relationship that is counterproductive in nature from the federal level to the local govt. level, else we are going nowhere. Some regions seem to be too comfortable with the backward system of Governance we have in place and this is our Achilles heels.
you said it all bro..we need to bring an end to the unitary system of government,then can we think beyond our present situation..imagine that at this day and age we can't even generate enough power to drive industrialisation...the aero industry Is one very big industry..you need to know how much America spends on the aero sector in research and production and you would be perplexed...its a lucrative sector,just that it isn't explored to well enough in our mumu country..

I support the government putting up a bench mark for remunerations of all employed persons so that there is an equalisation..this would help make other sectors grow and also attractive for many persons to be employed...imagine the salary difference between an engineer in chevron and an engineer in PZ and an engineer in the ministry of works and an engineer in an indigenous oil servicing firm and an engineer in nnpc etc...just compare...reason why everybody wants to be in chevron/shell/mobil/total but cant... embarassed..we really need fast reforms in this country..
Re: Aeronautical/aerospace Engineering by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
Expertise is low so its not really a lucrative industry for any one RIGHT NOW...

Government should widen the curriculum in the Uni and Poly... Then create a special Aero institute like NASA and the likes. Then we can discuss commercializing it.

(1) (Reply)

Here's A List Of What A Tailor Demands From Apprentice In Order To Gain Freedom / Industrial Statistics In Nigeria / Who Knows Food Concepts PLC Pay Struture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.