Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,710 members, 7,955,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

*the Entrepreneur Choice" Going From Blog To Online Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / *the Entrepreneur Choice" Going From Blog To Online Business (480 Views)

The Entrepreneur Africa Brings Together Boss Ladies In Lagos (females Only) / Nkiru Emodi, Shoemaker, Wins Entrepreneur Of The Year Award (Photos) / The Entrepreneur Choice, and Publishing My First Fiction Novel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*the Entrepreneur Choice" Going From Blog To Online Business by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 18, 2015
Hi my friends!

For the past 2 and a half months, I've shared a number of updates on Nairaland about some of my entrepreneurial experiences and about some of the new websites and businesses I've launched in recent weeks. One of those websites is my personal blog, North of Zero.

In the beginning, North of Zero (NOZ) was about helping people get started with their own blogs, and learn strategy to grow and make money from them. The idea proved promising, so I decided to build a second website that would focus specifically on blogging and helping people build better sites. That site also began to do well, and in recent weeks, I've begun transforming it into an online business.

With this new venture growing positively, it kind of makes NOZ's current focus redundant. There's no need to have a blog and business about blogging, because then I will only end up sharing some of the same content and ideas across two sites. But since I don't want North of Zero to go to waste, I'm going to redesign the site and shift its focus from blogging, to a research forum on marketing and monetizing websites.

Basically, NOZ will test and experiment with different marketing and money making strategies and share the results with its readers. But before I can officially launch this business, I'll need to redesign the site to give it more of a "business" feel, instead of a general blog.

Right now I'm working on the header of the home page. I wish I'd saved a picture of the 'Before' image, but I didn't. So instead of publishing before and after shots, I've decided to leave the site live, so you can check in on my progress as I go along.

I wouldn't advise anyone else do this, but since the idea behind NOZ is about sharing strategy, I figured doing this rebuild live would be a fun way to introduce the new site and business.

Once I've completed the header on the home page, I will follow up this thread with my next step in the redesign.

Talk with you soon!

Ra
Re: *the Entrepreneur Choice" Going From Blog To Online Business by Nobody: 8:13am On May 01, 2016
In case you're interested, I'm writing a book about this experience and publishing it as I go, on my website. The content will be free to view until the book is complete, at which time I will be removing all of the material from my website to undergo the final proofreading and editing phases in preparation for publication.

Feel free to take a look at some of my early posts, and if you subscribe to my newsletter, you will be able to receive updates on my progress as well as tips, advice and strategies to help you achieve success in your own endeavors.

You can find my website at, www.theentrepreneurchoice.com/startbuildprofit. I hope to see you there!

(1) (Reply)

8 Success Secrets Tips That Can Make You An Achiever / Why Wealth Is An Exclusive Reserve Of The Old In Africa / enough stalking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.