Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Nigerian 6 3 3 4 Education: Is It Really Working? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian 6 3 3 4 Education: Is It Really Working? (445 Views)

N10k To 10 Students Each(Phase 1, 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7 8(9&10) Grand finale Ended..) / Education Is A Key To Greatness, Paseda Charges Ogun Students / Education Is meant for those who can afford it(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian 6 3 3 4 Education: Is It Really Working? by tasceige(m): 6:34am On Nov 18, 2015
The Nigerian 6 3 3 4 Education:
The system was introduced in 1982 by the Federal Government of Nigeria, stipulating six years in primary school, three years in Junior Secondary School, another three years in Senior Secondary and four years in a tertiary institution.
It had the primary focus of meeting the educational needs of Nigerians and equipping the youths with "marketable skills" that would make them "self-reliant". Professor Babatunde Fafunwa was the Minister of Education at that time.
Now as a graduate or as an SSCE holder, What are the Marketable Skills you have acquired in the entire educational system aside from the paper you carry about to look for job?
It saddens my heart each day when i see other countries with workers being Nigerians rule every sector ranging from Information Technology, Health, Engineering and craftsmanship. Yet we have Nigerian Certificate holders who cannot compete except they are trained elsewhere in the world or run an additional training program. Even our so called teachers and lecturers ain't skilled enough to lecture anywhere in the world.
Coined from 360 Nigeria..

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE SOLUTION ?

Re: Nigerian 6 3 3 4 Education: Is It Really Working? by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 18, 2015
I thought the article would profer a solution(s). Let me mark my spot here while waiting to see suggestions people come up with.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To The Rich People From The Poor / Schools Still Selling Post Utme Forms / AAU Supplementary List Process And Predegree Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.