Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,373 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? (1118 Views)

Whose Name Should Your Child Bear As Surname? / Find Out What Thousands Of Parents Have To Say About Your Child(ren)'s School / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Child(ren) At Early Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? by lazeal: 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hypnobirthing? What's that?

Such were the thoughts that ran through my mind when I came across that term, or medical term per se.

What's hypnobirthing?

Hypnotherapy in childbirth refers to the use of hypnotherapy to assist in the birthing process. This practice, known as hypnobirthing, functions on the premise that most labour-related pain is the result of fear and tension, which can be diminished[1] or anecdotally eliminated with hypnotherapy. Research into this practice has found reductions in pain during birthing,[1][2] Hypnobirthing may also impact the duration of labour and reduces surgical interventions during delivery--wikipedia

I found out that many Nigerians may be stunned by this term like I was due ignorance. So I felt sharing this information will help reduce the ignorance.

You can find more information on here: http://www.hypnobirthing.com/
Re: Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? by 5minsmadness: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2015
I remember this movie where a woman wanted to give birth via hypnosis.

grin

Omo, when the pain started eh grin She come dey scream like winch dey ask for painkillers grin
Re: Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? by lazeal: 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
5minsmadness:
I remember this movie where a woman wanted to give birth via hypnosis.

grin

Omo, when the pain started eh grin She come dey scream like winch dey ask for painkillers grin
lol bros, the tastemoney is out there na full scale business grin grin grin grin
Re: Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? by Onegai(f): 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
Nigerian women are currently doing it but we call it "Reading the book Supernatural Birth and chanting at prayers till that day"

wink

But jokes apart, a good birth team works wonders in helping you through delivery. It requires mental and physical prep.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? by Tastemoney(m): 7:54am On Nov 20, 2015
[quote author=lazeal post=40152739] lol bros, the tastemoney is out there na full scale business grin grin grin grin[/quote

Ya
Re: Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? by lazeal: 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
Re: Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hypno kileleyi....... grin
Re: Will You Have Your Child Through Hypnobirthing? by Chidoks(f): 2:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
Onegai:
Nigerian women are currently doing it but we call it "Reading the book Supernatural Birth and chanting at prayers till that day"

wink

But jokes apart, a good birth team works wonders in helping you through delivery. It requires mental and physical prep.

The book Supernatural Childbirth has nothing to do with hypnobirth. It's all about faith in God and application of same

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Husband's Ex Emailed Me About Hubby Sleeping In Her Bed Again / If You Were The Man What Will You Do? / Pls I Need TV Set For My Children For Their Learning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.