Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

How To Make Effective Business Phone Calls - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Effective Business Phone Calls (578 Views)

IT Outsourcing Services In India - Cost Effective Business / 5 Secrets To An Effective Business Partnership - Joyce Imiegha / 3 Effective Business Skills They Don't Teach You In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Effective Business Phone Calls by Citytutors01: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
To make effective phone calls you need to be prepared ahead. This will save you time and frustration.

•Set aside a specific time to make your phone calls.

•Have a calendar and a pencil at hand.

•Gather all of your information and supplies before making your calls.
have the number to call
the name of the person you need to speak to
have all of your personal info at hand i.e. - calendar, Full name, Address and Phone number and email to reach you at.

•Think about what you need to accomplish with this call and make note of it. It can help to write down your "talking points".
Make note of any questions you need to ask.

•If you feel nervous or uncomfortable, take a moment to visualise the conversation in your mind and take a few deep breaths.

•Place the phone call.
Opening- it includes greeting & self introduction.
Warming up- "Am I talking with___."
Giving the message- it includes the purpose of calling.

•When you have finished with the call take time to thank the other person and reiterate the important information.
ie "Thanks___ ___. So I'll bring ___ and ___ to the appointment on _____." Or "Thank you and I'll see you on ____"

[ We are City tutors Ltd, award winning top home tutors in Nigeria located in Lagos, Abuja and Port harcourt. Tel: 080-3753-1249 ]

www.icitytutors.com | the classroom continues at home.

Re: How To Make Effective Business Phone Calls by RICHC(f): 1:20am On Nov 19, 2015
I think you will need to edit your write-up! The word Affective should be Effective as this is what was (the latter) mentioned in your text.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Airtel Data Bundle Plans, Prices And Subcription Code / Supply Of Ginger / Project 1-9-90 The Leading Home Based Business Opportunity Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.