Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go (972 Views)

Super Eagles Will Not Let Nigerians Down Against South Africa,says Ndidi Onyinye / Need Help! My Landlord Gave Me 7 Days Quit Notice / When Life Bends You, You Can Choose To Not Let It Break You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by JayIke: 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2015
Dear Nairaland,
Please people I need your help, I am a single girl in her late twenties, I rented a house in June after leaving my old house in Surulere which was on the high side, I wanted a more affordable house that would permit me have extra money to start a good business. I saw this house in Royal PalmWill Estate Badore Ajah. It was spacious and I paid #400,000 to get it for a year rent asides agency and commission. The house was not yet completed then but the Landlord assured me it would take only weeks, and it would be fixed, inside the house the water is so bad if kept for a day the bucket becomes rusty, asides water leaking into the house when they pump water flooding the kitchen, corridor and sitting room. Then the rats that kept coming from the connecting door that connects the landlords house with mine. I complained he said he had blocked the door only for a case in the house to make me Know that my Landlord has a key that gives him access to my house whenever he likes. I am a young girl and a true child of God, I have prayed concerning this house and I am tired. Now all I need is a lawyer that can help me get back a reasonable amount of my so that I can move out. Please I have documents and pictures to prove please help me anyway you can, cause I am at the moment not staying there. Below are some pictures of the house.

Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
That guy is from ur village... runaway!!!
Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by lomprico(m): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
Those your rats are hard core ones o.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by eme1n(m): 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Forget abt ur money, just bear it out for the year. You will spend more on trivial matters..

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by JayIke: 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
eme1n:
Forget abt ur money, just bear it out for the year. You will spend more on trivial matters..
I thought of that too but money doesn't come easy and I need a place to live
Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by eme1n(m): 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
JayIke:

You might end up paying a lawyer much more than what you may be expecting. The case might be dragged beyond your rent. You will still incur moving costs. How long have you got on your rent to run out??

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by JayIke: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
eme1n:

You might end up paying a lawyer much more than what you may be expecting. The case might be dragged beyond your rent. You will still incur moving costs. How long have you got on your rent to run out??
till July next year
Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by eme1n(m): 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
JayIke:
till July next year

Bear the pain, get rat gum n kill the feckers!! Chin up, Hustle n save for a better place..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by JayIke: 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
eme1n:

Bear the pain, get rat gum n kill the feckers!! Chin up, Hustle n save for a better place..
I wish it was that easy, I have done all that, the rat ran away with one rat gum, I dont know how, I have used rat poisons, chemicals all to no avail. That is not the worst part I have horrible nightmares when I sleep in that house and the Landlord hates to see any man entering my house, even my Father wont give me the look he gives me and my father is strict.
Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by Vision4God: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
U cud seek d help of genuine church members. Or frendz u can trust. Kip praying, God nvr dsapoints.
Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by JayIke: 9:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
Vision4God:
U cud seek d help of genuine church members. Or frendz u can trust. Kip praying, God nvr dsapoints.
Amen, thank you
Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by iruocious: 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
I can't believe u paid 400k for this slum

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by Ginaz(f): 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
end time rats embarassed
Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by eme1n(m): 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2015
JayIke:
I wish it was that easy, I have done all that, the rat ran away with one rat gum, I dont know how, I have used rat poisons, chemicals all to no avail. That is not the worst part I have horrible nightmares when I sleep in that house and the Landlord hates to see any man entering my house, even my Father wont give me the look he gives me and my father is strict.

I can only sympathise with you. If you have to move out and lock the place up till June, so be it. But be measured in your actions. God bless and guide you..

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by jemype(m): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2015
JayIke:
thosse definitel are not rats. u hv to put a camera therre to investigate

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Would Not Let Me Go by Rajman45(m): 7:58am On Nov 19, 2015
About the landlord having a key to get access to ur apartment, i strong suggest u block the door from ur own side. Just to avoid any illegal entering to house.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Open Letter To Governor Akinwunmi Ambode: Why You Can Not Jail Street Hawkers / Benue News: Suspected Kidnapper Arrested And Beaten To Pulp In Aliade / 7 Different Ladies Celebrates National Boyfriend Day With The Same Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.