Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,429 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

Is It Lawful To Retain Contract Staff After Six Months? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Lawful To Retain Contract Staff After Six Months? (546 Views)

How Much Does First Bank Pay Her Contract Staff? / The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff / Should I Sell My Virginity To Retain My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Lawful To Retain Contract Staff After Six Months? by rebelXYZ: 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hello nairalanders,

Despite my pleadings to lalasticlala to help me push my previous post to FP, he ignored it which is very hurting. Perhaps he has alot of other more relevant posts.. no lele!

Pls all, I want to know if it's lawful to keep a contract staff after a period of six months which is the standard.

My bank has promised to convert us as full staff after a period of one year. But We are already spanning two and half years in the system which is frustrating already. Many of us are angry and we want to take action in no time. We created a group chat where people express their opinions and some are even suggesting we go on strike but I told them some of us will default and by this, the strike will not have any significant effect on the bank so we should devise other means of handling the dispute.

This is why I've come to this forum to seek advice from experienced HR experts, professional folks and all other intelligent people of this forum. Pls come to our aids! some of us are already 30 and yet to start a career because we all know contact employment is not a career. It's simply a modern slavery!

We are growing old already pls help. We want to fight! We are not afraid to fight! We just want to do it the right way so that we dont fight in vain.

Note: there was no written agreement that they will convert us. it was oral..

Thanks all!
Re: Is It Lawful To Retain Contract Staff After Six Months? by philfrey08: 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
If this makes FP, lemme b the FTC

Keep searching for other jobs, be very kind and unique to your customers. Referrals are the in-thing these days
Re: Is It Lawful To Retain Contract Staff After Six Months? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
OP. I have many things to tell and ask you.

1. Who dey follow law for Nigeria? Even your president and law makers no dey follow law.
This is Naija so shine your eyes

2. You say Lalasticala no push your post go front page because him get better posts for him hand?
I disagree with you. Now make I tell you one stupid thread wey make FP today
'Jim Iyke grabs sumo's balls'
If that thread better pass your own,then problem dey because that thread suppose dey NLand backpage.

3.Make I save the rest talk
Re: Is It Lawful To Retain Contract Staff After Six Months? by demarc001: 11:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
In naija anything is obtainable
Re: Is It Lawful To Retain Contract Staff After Six Months? by rebelXYZ: 11:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
yemmight pls where are you? pls contribute to this. lalasticlala shey u won't help a brother this time again abi?
Re: Is It Lawful To Retain Contract Staff After Six Months? by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
sorry bro, you guys are cheap labour and its good for business (for the bank). Just put your eyes out there for another job. There are no labor laws in Nigeria, even if there are its inactive.
Re: Is It Lawful To Retain Contract Staff After Six Months? by Aspengee007: 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
I just reviewed the Labour laws obtained from ministry of labour and productivity revised in the year 2004. Sincerely it is prohibited and parties found guilty are subject to fine after absorbing the auxiliary staff to permanent basis.
Though it is unethical to mention names, I felt obliged to say my friend who happens to be with unity bank is still under contract basis after two and half years.
Unity Bank and their unscrupulous caranda agency need to redress this problem because since their employment, many staff have been recruited through the back door.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Career With Anatomy Bsc / Join Pacestters Empowerment Initiative / Has Anyone Heard About A Recruiting Firm Called ICEP/EMIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.