Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. (1235 Views)

Air Peace Women Pilots Lead All Female Crew On Flights To Abuja, Owerri. Photos / The Ethiopian Airlines All Female Crew Who Flew From Addis Ababa To Lagos (Pics / Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
On November 19 2015, Ethiopian Airlines will make history with its first ever female-only operated flight on the Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – Bangkok, Thailand route.

All female crew and ground staff will be women – from the pilots to cabin crew, from ticketing desks to traffic control.

The company had a reception today where they discussed the milestone news.

The airline’s CEO, Tewolde GebreMariam, said the move is to inspire young female Africans:

“Above all, this is an ample opportunity to inspire young African female students to believe in their dreams and embark to fill the skill gap for Aviation professionals.

Women are the continent’s greatest untapped resources, and hereby fully dedicated to ensure the increase number of women in decision making positions on top of key operational areas by consistently grooming and mentoring successor female employees for top managerial, technical and operational positions.

We invite the whole world to watch our all-female operated long haul flight to and from Bangkok.”

Currently the airline’s staff is 30% women, but with this move, they aim to encourage more females to become aviation professionals.

The airline also added more new mother and parent-friendly resources including a nursing room equipped with modern amenities, comfortable reclining chairs, electronic breast pumps and refrigerators to store breast milk.
http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/11/18/ethiopian-airlines-inspires-african-women-with-all-female-operated-flight/

cc: justwise

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 19, 2015
impressive!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by chukxie(m): 3:01am On Nov 20, 2015
Great! Great news coming out of Ethiopia - a country once ravaged and decimated by drought now leading the way in Africa's aviation sector. I've flown twice on ET and I can emphatically tell anyone that those guys at ET are doing a bang-up job. Isn't a shame we don't have a national carrier in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by Teeboy22(m): 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2015
woaw..

Lovely!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 21, 2015
Ethiopia woman are always beautiful

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by Teeboy22(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2015
fados4sure:
Ethiopia woman are always beautiful

like seriously..very beautiful!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 21, 2015
Teeboy22:

hw much last & why u wan sell am
What are you talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by Teeboy22(m): 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
fados4sure:
What are you talking about?
OMG!
It was a mistake!!
It has been modified
sorry
Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by aariwa(m): 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
No I cannot risk that.A female can drive me in a vehicle but not on an airplane.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
aariwa:
No I cannot risk that.A female can drive me in a vehicle but not on an airplane.
Maybe you want to miss your flight
Re: Ethiopian Airlines First-ever All Female Operated Flight. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2015
^^
I trust any pilot, whether male or female, as long as that person has the proper certification(s).

(1) (Reply)

Student Visa To Qatar University / Nigerian Embassy In Berlin Is The Best Nigerian Embassy Abroad. / Reference Letter And Personal Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.