Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Supplicating For The Ruler - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Supplicating For The Ruler (385 Views)

`Umar Bin Al-khattab (ra): Just & God-fearing Ruler Or Oppressor & Dictator? / Letter Of Prophet Muhammad To Najashi(the Christian Ruler) Calling Him To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Supplicating For The Ruler by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
SUPPLICATING FOR THE RULER Imam Al-Barbahaaree said: If you find a man making supplication against the ruler, know that he is a person of innovation. If you find a person making supplication for the ruler to be upright, know that he is a person of the Sunnah, if Allah wills. Fudayl ibn ‘Iyaad [1] said, “If I had an invocation that was to be answered, I would not make it except for the ruler.” It was said to him, “O Abu ‘Alee, explain that to us.” He replied, “If I made an invocation for myself, it would not go beyond me. Whereas, if I make it for the ruler, he is corrected and, through that, the servants and the land are set in order” [2]. We are ordered to make supplication for them (the rulers) to be upright. We have not been ordered to make supplication against them, even if they commit tyranny and oppression, since their tyranny and oppression reflect only upon themselves, but their rectitude is good for themselves and the Muslims. NOTES [1] Al-Fudayl ibn ‘Iyaad ibn Mas’ood, Shaikhul- Islam, Abu ‘Alee, alYarboo’ee, al-Khurasaanee. He was born in Samarqand and grew up to be a highway robber. However, his heart was moved upon hearing the Qur’an recited and he repented and then travelled in search of knowledge to Koofah, eventually settling in Makkah. Some of his students were Ibn al-Mubaarak, Yahyaa al-Qattaan, ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Mahdee, ‘Abdur-Razzaaq, ash-Shaafi’ee and Qutaibah ibn Sa’eed. Ibn al-Mubaarak said, “No one better than Fudayl ibn ‘Iyaad remains upon the face of the earth.” Haaroon ar-Rasheed said, “I have not seen any scholar with greater dignity than Maalik, nor anyone more pious than al-Fudayl.” As-Siyaar (8/421-441) and Tadhkiratul-Huffaadh (1/245-246) of adh- Dhahabee. [2] This narration is reported by Abu Nu’aym in al-Hilyah (8/91) with a saheeh isnaad and by al- Khallaal in as-Sunnah (no.9). [Sharhus Sunnah of Imam Al-Barbahaaree, Translated by Abu Talhah Dawud Burbak]

(1) (Reply)

Time Keeping - Imam Albany Leads By Example / The Poisoned Flesh / Young Modernists Muslims – Ustaadh Aboo Aamir Al-atharee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.