Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,743 members, 7,955,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:35 PM

The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) (58098 Views)

Peremobowei Shedrack Erebulu Visits Oboro Gbaraun In Delta State. Photos / The Cost Of Uprooting The Ekiti Sacred Tree In Odo, Oja (Snapshot) / Kiyi, A Community In FCT That Still Kills Twins And Triplets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by harizonal123(m): 5:14am On Nov 21, 2015
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by exclusive7(m): 6:59am On Nov 21, 2015
brandmix:
It's an iguana bro
Komodos are much bigger cousins with thougher skin
komodos are in species and this determines their size.....Google is your friend....do the research and see....iguana's are way much smaller than the pictures here....they re more like big lizard with bigger heads
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by jomoh: 7:37am On Nov 21, 2015
Oyind17:

So you believe i will eat that thing? I may faint on seeing those animals in real life. common sheep made me scream for help not to talk of iguana. I cant eat such. The two animals really look alike.

Bwuhahahaha

Sheep? If I dey dia I for say make u call 911 for help.

They look alike when you don't know them but very different in a lot of ways.

Iguana is fast like a lizard while a Chameleon is very slow. Chameleon has a very long tongue unlike an Iguana. Look at their palm and fingers too. Even their size is different.

The only similarities is their shape, different colours, skin every other thing is different.

You should visit a Zoo sometime. Its being a while I've been there too but I plan on going by december. I love animals except snakes.
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 21, 2015
[quote author=jomoh post=40246185]
Bwuhahahaha
Sheep? If I dey dia I for say make u call 911 for help.
They look alike when you don't know them but very different in a lot of ways.
Iguana is fast like a lizard while a Chameleon is very slow. Chameleon has a very long tongue unlike an Iguana. Look at their palm and fingers too. Even their size is different.
The only similarities is their shape, different colours, skin every other thing is different.
You should visit a Zoo sometime. Its being a while I've been there too but I plan on going by december. I love animals except snakes.[/quote
I don't love animals but I will visit the zoo soon. the day a snake fell on my leg, you need to see me that day.
The only animal I like a little is goat
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by ProudOlodo: 8:00am On Nov 21, 2015
brandmix:
It's an iguana bro
Komodos are much bigger cousins with thougher skin

Haba na. There's no way those things are iguanas. Iguanas are not naturally found in Nigeria and that's even not what they look like...Iguanas have a Hot crest behind d neck, these Orogun "iguanas" have a smooth neck. They're just monitor lizards, not even d huge komodo dragons
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by enny4real23(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2015
the animal in that picture is not an iguana, its a monitor lizard. Iguanas are a a little bit bigger than normal lizards but have spikes on their back and come in various colours and are found in central america, mexico and the Caribbean and it is herbivorous while the monitor lizard is mostly carnivorous and can be found in Africa, asia, australia & so on and have flicking tongues like snakes.
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by ProudOlodo: 8:08am On Nov 21, 2015
Oyind17:
The only animal I like a little is goat

Like a goat?...except in d pot! smiley
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 21, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Like a goat?...except in d pot! smiley
in and out of pot grin
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Adyrin(m): 8:26am On Nov 21, 2015
WoW
A friend just called me that he saw ma dads name online!

D Osibi of Orogun Kingdom/ D Usiavwre(Key) of Orogun Kingdom!

We still uphold our culture like ma old man said!

#Proud Orogun Boi
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Adyrin(m): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2015
Iguana Is not all-herbivorous Ooº°
Infact; one ate ma grannys 2parots!
They eat meat!

#Proud Orogun Boi...
enny4real23:
the animal in that picture is not an iguana, its a monitor lizard. Iguanas are a a little bit bigger than normal lizards but have spikes on their back and come in various colours and are found in central america, mexico and the Caribbean and it is herbivorous while the monitor lizard is mostly carnivorous and can be found in Africa, asia, australia & so on and have flicking tongues like snakes.
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by jomoh: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2015
Oyind17:
I don't love animals but I will visit the zoo soon. the day a snake fell on my leg, you need to see me that day. The only animal I like a little is goat

Snakes. God knows I hate those creatures. My motto "I see a snake, it must die".

Goats are funny creatures.

Which Zoo do u plan to go.
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by ProudOlodo: 9:18am On Nov 21, 2015
Oyind17:
in and out of pot grin
Goat out of pot ehn...no likes at all. Wait o...I hope u don't mean as a pet shocked
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by attention007(m): 9:30am On Nov 21, 2015
My mum's town in urhobo, they don't eat snail or u'll have rashes all over your body but she do go ahead to eat snail without symptoms. When I ask why she said she does by believe in it.
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by zikmarty: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2015
attention007:
My mum's town in urhobo, they don't eat snail or u'll have rashes all over your body but she do go ahead to eat snail without symptoms. When I ask why she said she does by believe in it.

yea,my village too but we the children don't care,we eat it like no man's business except for my dad even though he keeps claiming he doesn't believe in the custom.His excuse is that he just don't like them.
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Adyrin(m): 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Haba na. There's no way those things are iguanas. Iguanas are not naturally found in Nigeria and that's even not what they look like...Iguanas have a Hot crest behind d neck, these Orogun "iguanas" have a smooth neck. They're just monitor lizards, not even d huge komodo dragons
I beseech you visit Orogun on a festival and I'd be glad to show you around!
Iguanas can be as big as a crocodile (talking from experience)
It usually starts from the lizard size(baby which is even bigger than a mature red neck)
I'm an indigen and I visit from time to time!
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Adyrin(m): 12:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
I guess that's a far more different case!
This one is a no-respecter!
Dunno how ma lil cousins abroad came across it but when all the medical scientists they had couldn't solve the mystery; the mom had to comme to the village and that's when she was given the last resort!
I guess its between God to know why it happens thus!
zikmarty:

yea,my village too but we the children don't care,we eat it like no man's business except for my dad even though he keeps claiming he doesn't believe in the custom.His excuse is that he just don't like them.
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Nellybobo(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
Point of correction they aren't iguanas.. they're monitor lizards
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2015
jomoh:

Snakes. God knows I hate those creatures. My motto "I see a snake, it must die".
Goats are funny creatures.
Which Zoo do u plan to go.
The one in my state
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by jomoh: 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
Oyind17:
The one in my state
Is your state delta? grin
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
jomoh:

no ph
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2015
jomoh:

no ph
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by jomoh: 3:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
Oyind17:
no ph
Zoo no dey PH na.
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Adyrin(m): 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
Osirimononaye:
Menhh!! Dats My Community!!´.....D Whole Package Is True!
#Urhobowadohhh!!!
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
jomoh:

Zoo no dey PH na.
E dey by slaughter
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by jomoh: 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
Oyind17:
E dey by slaughter
Like I know anywhere in ph. Wish to be there someday.

But Zoo by slaughter. Hope dey no dey kill those animals dey sell.
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2015
jomoh:

Like I know anywhere in ph. Wish to be there someday
But Zoo by slaughter. Hope dey no dey kill those animals dey sell.
yeah, you've not been to ph before? maybe I will invite u when I'm ready to show u snakes
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by jomoh: 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
Oyind17:

yeah, you've not been to ph before? maybe I will invite u when I'm ready to show u snakes

Sna....wetin? Make I go buy gun keep for ground.

Erm. Tell me ahead so I can come along with one lovely sheep....grin..grin......don't worry it would be a cute one.

Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by ProudOlodo: 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Adyrin:
I beseech you visit Orogun on a festival and I'd be glad to show you around!
Iguanas can be as big as a crocodile (talking from experience)
It usually starts from the lizard size(baby which is even bigger than a mature red neck)
I'm an indigen and I visit from time to time!

Bro, no one is arguing that there are no lizards roaming freely in Orogun. We're just trying to make it clear that Orogun pple make the scientific error of calling them Iguanas when they're actually the varanous monitor lizards.

But I'll like to see that festival anyway smiley
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Adyrin(m): 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Bro, no one is arguing that there are no lizards roaming freely in Orogun. We're just trying to make it clear that Orogun pple make the scientific error of calling them Iguanas when they're actually the varanous monitor lizards.

But I'll like to see that festival anyway smiley
You can inbox me privatelt so that you be ma special guest come April 2016
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
jomoh:

Sna....wetin? Make I go buy gun keep for ground.
Erm. Tell me ahead so I can come along with one lovely sheep....grin..grin......don't worry it would be a cute one.
Lol, see your mouth
Re: The Sacred Iguanas Of Orogun Community In Delta State (photos) by suwalee(f): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
menix:

So in essence u see the animal god when evil is about to come
I'm not frm orogun tho d stories I heard n I kno of a gal sumtin happened to cos she dint Bury d iguana properly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Curtis Iredia Eidenogie, The Onogie Of Ubiaja Esanland, Edo. King At Age Of 4 / All Eyes On Oluwo Of Iwo At London Airport As He Arrives Country In Style.Photos / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.