Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,068 members, 7,953,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

The Real "Secret" To Success Is... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Real "Secret" To Success Is... (529 Views)

What Odd Job Did You Do On Your Way To Success? / Seven (7) Top Excuses On The Road To Success. / 5 Things You Need To Survive In The Real World As A Nigerian Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real "Secret" To Success Is... by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
There are some people who believe that as long as they think positive thoughts, and "align their vibrations", that they will get any and everything they want. They believe the way to success is believing they can achieve, and eventually they will.

And while I do agree to some extent that this is true, I do not believe that it is the entire truth.

The truth -- the secret -- about success is that, THAT THERE IS NO SECRET!

The world doesn't operate on belief alone. If you want success, you must go out and earn it. You have to put in the work, effort and time required for your individual goals, and then, success will be yours.

But how do we get there? How do we get from 'Start' to 'Success'?

For one thing, we must create value, which means we have to build or do something other people can use to achieve their goals. For example, an employee creates value for an employer by possessing the required skills that will allow the employer's business to generate revenue. Another example is that an author writes books that are entertaining and informative for their readers. They create value, because people enjoy reading their work.

Once you've created or possess a valuable asset or skill, you can leverage it as a form of "currency" to pursue/obtain something better. And by currency, I don't necessarily mean money. Currency can be physical money or a better income, more business opportunities, a new position within your company or organization, or anything you can use that will bring you closer to your ultimate goal.

Success is achieved from the effort you put in everyday. No effort = No success.

Another reason many people fail is because they waste the time that they have.

Their are 365 days in a year. And 24 hours within each day. Now, thinking about this year alone (and be honest), how much of that time have you spent ACTIVELY working towards the things you want or want to change? How many of your goals today, are the same goals you made for yourself on January 1st.

The truth is, life is very short, and it's even shorter when we fail to make the most of the time we have. You only live once, so why not spend that time working for the things you want, rather than complaining about what you do have and wishing for better.

Successful people are comfortable with uncertainty and discomfort. Rather than always seeking to make circumstances ideal before they begin anything, they just get to work. Unsuccessful people look for the most comfortable setting before they work, and because of that, they fail to get any meaningful work done.

I'll give you two examples. I have a mentorship where I teach beginning writers how to make more money online. And without fail, every time I ask to review some of their current work or their website, most of them respond with the same answer, "I haven't published anything yet." When I ask why, they give different reasons, but at the core of each of their responses is because something is not perfect. Either because they feel they need to become better writers or they need more exposure, it all revolves around it not being the right time. And because they are waiting for the right time, they never get started.

What if Bill Gates had waited for better technology before starting Microsoft? What if Linda Ikeji had waited until she had built the perfect website before starting her blog? What if you stop waiting for the perfect job, source of income or opportunity before starting your business or pursuing your goals and dreams?

If you don't put in the effort now, while you have the time, you will never get any meaningful work done. And if your don't get any meaningful work done, you're not going to get any closer to accomplishing your goals.

And if you never accomplish your goals, you will only ever DREAM about success, rather than LIVE successfully.

Take care and be blessed!

Ra

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Plan If You Get To Your Workplace Tomorrow And The Story Changes? / Words Of Wisdom From Late Steve Job..founder Of Apple / Need A Two Bedroom Apartment Around Yaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.