Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic (13559 Views)

The Church Of GOD In Nigeria Is Not The Government Of Nigeria - Nneka Okumazie / Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism? / #plstellooni: the GOD Of The Yorubas -(Olodumare) Is Not The Same god, The Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by scully95: 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
The concept OLODUMARE has been misconstrued by many,this is due to unwarranted and unjustifiable colonial exploration and exploitation by our colonial masters ,they use foreign religion to enslave African . they claim we practice polytheism. To be sincere and be frank the concept polytheism never exist at all in IFA and orisha tradition. In this little post I wish share my humble idear about yoruba monotheistic view of the nature of Olodumare (God ).How other orisha are energies through whish mankind can reach Olodumare. For example if you want to see an emperor of an empire you cannot expect to just bulg in into his palace,you will need to see some chiefs who are next in rank to him, who can communicate with him easily and get what they want from him easily than you will do. So it is wise for you to send such chief to the emperor to get what you want for you quickly than for you to be spending donkey of years to get what you want from an emperor whish you may not communicate with easily.

The yoruba people so respect Olodumare that they channel their request through an energy called orisha to Olodumare and to be sincere with with very verifiable proof they get quick answer. That is why even people that claim to embrace foreign religion whether Christian or Muslim 99% of them still fall back on these energies when situation is expedient for it. Many people run from their root just to follow crowd due to inherited Colonial mentality . to be sincere with you there is nothing good about colonialism whether their culture Or religion they bring to Africa it all base on mean to enslave us ,.up till date western religion and culture and some times the educational system that the African inherited from their individual colonial master has always been a source of impediment to African development. While the Western and Eastern religion and shapy read and write education system alone without accompany technical know how to robbed and pillage African of their natural resources up till today as they do during time of slave trade. Well that is by the way I am just concerned. Back to my discussion,

who is Olodumare?

Olodumare in yoruba spirituality is monotheistic. There is only one God, and that is Olodumare. Olodumare is given many names like :Eledumare, Eduard, Old run, olofin orun, Oluwa, Eleda, Adeda, Aseda, Alase, etc. The list is endless. The name Olorun (whish mean the owner of heaven become predominant in usage with the coming of foreign colonial religion like Christianity and Islam )these foreign religion try as much as possible to avoid to use the name olodumare because they believe it take people back to their tradition.Olorun still mean same thing as Olodumare because is just using different name to refer to one entity. But Olodumare is the real yoruba name for God and all others names Are secondary to Olodumare. So what then is the meaning of the word Olodumare?

The word olodumare has be giving various meaning by our fathers. My first point of call is that the word come from the word OLODU OMO ARE (THAT IS AN ENTITY THAT IS SO ENORMOUS OR BIG YET WE CAN NOT ASERTAIN IT LOCATION )Odu mean a very big clay pot, Are mean a location that we can not asertain, hence if yoruba send a child an errands and the don't know his or her where about or ascertain where he was they will say 'MI o MO ibi to rin irin ARE lo'(that Is I don't know his whereabouts )so the word Olodumare come from the word OLODU OMO ARE (that is the entity that is so big and enormous yet we cannot fathom or ascertain where it is ) .the second view is that OLODU TO MARE (that is the only big entity that knows what is right )but to be sincere the first view is the most correct. Olodumare is aslo know as OLORUN (THE OWNER OF HEAVEN )OLUWA (LORD ),OLIFIN ORUN (KING OF HEAVEN )ORISE (SOURCE OF ALL THINGS )ADEDA ASEDA (THE CREATOR )ELEMI (THE OWNER AND KEEPER OF LIFE )ETC. Even some have interpret Olodumare to mean OLODU TO MON IRE (That's the owner of big clay pot that contain blessing )but as I told you earlier the first meaning I give seem the most correct and for most authority on it. I have heard and read my self some authors and especially foreign spiritual authors teaching and writing that Olodumare is a male in gender, some say olodumare is aa female. This notion of assigning gender whether male or female to Olodumare is absolutely wrong with due respect. .The correct position is that olodumare is neither male or female, olodumare is transcendent omniscient and gender neutral deity.

In yoruba cosmology Olodumare is believe to be ONE, it is believe that Olodumare is the creator of heaven and earth and whole universe, he is supreme over what is on earth and in heaven. Olodumare supremacy is absolute. He is acknowledge by all orisha and divinities as the one who all power and authority belong, he can do and undo any thing he want. He created everything he is self existing.
No body have ever seeing Olodumare including the orisha. It is only Oriunmila that see a part of his buttocks after a gigantic sacrifice at the sea. In odu ifa Osa Otura
Ifa reavel how Olodumare reavel is buttock to orumila
Ifa said in Osa Otura
A ki ri idi okun
A ki ri Idi Osa
A ki ri idi Olodumare
Sugbon Eni to ba ko sinu omi
Ni o mon ibi ti omi mu ni de
Awon to ba ke ibosi ni won feju Yan Yan soke
Difa fun Orunmila
Nijo ti yio lo re ridi Olodumare
Ebo ni won ko Kara ale ko mase
Woni eti okun ni ko gbe ebo lo
Orunmila gbe ebo odi eti okun
Bi o se niki ki o gbe ebo sile lo wo Olodumare to bora le ni ihihoho
Olodumare ni iwo Orunmila?
Orunmila si dahun pe repo
Olodumare nje o ridi mi bayii ?
Orunmila ni ibi sikiti ibadi nikan na ni mori
Olodumare ni oda to ba je be ko si ohun ti o ko ni ridi mon laye
Orunmila ba n jo
I ba n you
Oni ohun pelu eledumare egbarigba.
TRANSLATION
No one unravel the mystery of the ocean
No one unravel the mystery of the sea
No one unravel they mystery of Olodumare

It one who immersed himself in the river
That knows the depth of the river
It is one who cry out for assistance
That will open his eye very wide to the sky
Ifa divination reading was performed for Orunmila
When ifa want see the buttocks of Olodumare
He ask will I discovered Olodumare secrets ,everything he asked ?
Orunmila was instructed to offer sacrifice
But he should take the sacrifice to the sea
As he was about to place it at the beach
He saw Olodumare put off his garment
He saw the buttocks

Because Olodumare was stark naked and was in human image
Olodumare ask Orunmila did you see me?
Orunmila answer yes
I only see plump part of your buttock
Olodumare then said since you see my buttocks
There is nothing on earth that you will not be able to unravel again
Orumila was dancing and very happy
From this verse we can now deduce tha Olodumare is an invisible entity. You can communicate with him by using orisha of your choice as intermidiary.
You can contact babalawo Pele obasa obanifa for the following services :for Ifa divination reading and ebo (sacrifice on any issues. For initiation into ifa and any orisha in yoruba spirituality. For training to become a babalawo or iyanifa (ifa priest or priestess )
Copyright babalawo Pele obasa obanifa, phone and whatsap contact :+2348166343145,location Ile ife osun state Nigeria.

What is Ifa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by ClariceA: 1:09am On Dec 03, 2017
Ase thank you for this knowledge
Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by orisa37: 8:17am On Dec 03, 2017
Ifa is a Religion. Orisa is Spirit of which Olodumare, The Almighty God, is Supreme. Oduduwa is Character and The Spirit Son of Olodumare and Grace to Yoruba humans.
Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by Moorish: 7:43am On May 22, 2018
I have recently become an adherent of Ifa

I do not know much

But I love it

3 Likes

Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 22, 2018
scully95:

The concept OLODUMARE has been misconstrued by many,this is due to unwarranted and unjustifiable colonial exploration and exploitation by our colonial masters ,they use foreign religion to enslave African . they claim we practice polytheism. To be sincere and be frank the concept polytheism never exist at all in IFA and orisha tradition. In this little post I wish share my humble idear about yoruba monotheistic view of the nature of Olodumare (God ).How other orisha are energies through whish mankind can reach Olodumare. For example if you want to see an emperor of an empire you cannot expect to just bulg in into his palace,you will need to see some chiefs who are next in rank to him, who can communicate with him easily and get what they want from him easily than you will do. So it is wise for you to send such chief to the emperor to get what you want for you quickly than for you to be spending donkey of years to get what you want from an emperor whish you may not communicate with easily.

The yoruba people so respect Olodumare that they channel their request through an energy called orisha to Olodumare and to be sincere with with very verifiable proof they get quick answer. That is why even people that claim to embrace foreign religion whether Christian or Muslim 99% of them still fall back on these energies when situation is expedient for it. Many people run from their root just to follow crowd due to inherited Colonial mentality . to be sincere with you there is nothing good about colonialism whether their culture Or religion they bring to Africa it all base on mean to enslave us ,.up till date western religion and culture and some times the educational system that the African inherited from their individual colonial master has always been a source of impediment to African development. While the Western and Eastern religion and shapy read and write education system alone without accompany technical know how to robbed and pillage African of their natural resources up till today as they do during time of slave trade. Well that is by the way I am just concerned. Back to my discussion,

who is Olodumare?

Olodumare in yoruba spirituality is monotheistic. There is only one God, and that is Olodumare. Olodumare is given many names like :Eledumare, Eduard, Old run, olofin orun, Oluwa, Eleda, Adeda, Aseda, Alase, etc. The list is endless. The name Olorun (whish mean the owner of heaven become predominant in usage with the coming of foreign colonial religion like Christianity and Islam )these foreign religion try as much as possible to avoid to use the name olodumare because they believe it take people back to their tradition.Olorun still mean same thing as Olodumare because is just using different name to refer to one entity. But Olodumare is the real yoruba name for God and all others names Are secondary to Olodumare. So what then is the meaning of the word Olodumare?

The word olodumare has be giving various meaning by our fathers. My first point of call is that the word come from the word OLODU OMO ARE (THAT IS AN ENTITY THAT IS SO ENORMOUS OR BIG YET WE CAN NOT ASERTAIN IT LOCATION )Odu mean a very big clay pot, Are mean a location that we can not asertain, hence if yoruba send a child an errands and the don't know his or her where about or ascertain where he was they will say 'MI o MO ibi to rin irin ARE lo'(that Is I don't know his whereabouts )so the word Olodumare come from the word OLODU OMO ARE (that is the entity that is so big and enormous yet we cannot fathom or ascertain where it is ) .the second view is that OLODU TO MARE (that is the only big entity that knows what is right )but to be sincere the first view is the most correct. Olodumare is aslo know as OLORUN (THE OWNER OF HEAVEN )OLUWA (LORD ),OLIFIN ORUN (KING OF HEAVEN )ORISE (SOURCE OF ALL THINGS )ADEDA ASEDA (THE CREATOR )ELEMI (THE OWNER AND KEEPER OF LIFE )ETC. Even some have interpret Olodumare to mean OLODU TO MON IRE (That's the owner of big clay pot that contain blessing )but as I told you earlier the first meaning I give seem the most correct and for most authority on it. I have heard and read my self some authors and especially foreign spiritual authors teaching and writing that Olodumare is a male in gender, some say olodumare is aa female. This notion of assigning gender whether male or female to Olodumare is absolutely wrong with due respect. .The correct position is that olodumare is neither male or female, olodumare is transcendent omniscient and gender neutral deity.

In yoruba cosmology Olodumare is believe to be ONE, it is believe that Olodumare is the creator of heaven and earth and whole universe, he is supreme over what is on earth and in heaven. Olodumare supremacy is absolute. He is acknowledge by all orisha and divinities as the one who all power and authority belong, he can do and undo any thing he want. He created everything he is self existing.
No body have ever seeing Olodumare including the orisha. It is only Oriunmila that see a part of his buttocks after a gigantic sacrifice at the sea. In odu ifa Osa Otura
Ifa reavel how Olodumare reavel is buttock to orumila
Ifa said in Osa Otura
A ki ri idi okun
A ki ri Idi Osa
A ki ri idi Olodumare
Sugbon Eni to ba ko sinu omi
Ni o mon ibi ti omi mu ni de
Awon to ba ke ibosi ni won feju Yan Yan soke
Difa fun Orunmila
Nijo ti yio lo re ridi Olodumare
Ebo ni won ko Kara ale ko mase
Woni eti okun ni ko gbe ebo lo
Orunmila gbe ebo odi eti okun
Bi o se niki ki o gbe ebo sile lo wo Olodumare to bora le ni ihihoho
Olodumare ni iwo Orunmila?
Orunmila si dahun pe repo
Olodumare nje o ridi mi bayii ?
Orunmila ni ibi sikiti ibadi nikan na ni mori
Olodumare ni oda to ba je be ko si ohun ti o ko ni ridi mon laye
Orunmila ba n jo
I ba n you
Oni ohun pelu eledumare egbarigba.
TRANSLATION
No one unravel the mystery of the ocean
No one unravel the mystery of the sea
No one unravel they mystery of Olodumare

It one who immersed himself in the river
That knows the depth of the river
It is one who cry out for assistance
That will open his eye very wide to the sky
Ifa divination reading was performed for Orunmila
When ifa want see the buttocks of Olodumare
He ask will I discovered Olodumare secrets ,everything he asked ?
Orunmila was instructed to offer sacrifice
But he should take the sacrifice to the sea
As he was about to place it at the beach
He saw Olodumare put off his garment
He saw the buttocks

Because Olodumare was stark naked and was in human image
Olodumare ask Orunmila did you see me?
Orunmila answer yes
I only see plump part of your buttock
Olodumare then said since you see my buttocks
There is nothing on earth that you will not be able to unravel again
Orumila was dancing and very happy
From this verse we can now deduce tha Olodumare is an invisible entity. You can communicate with him by using orisha of your choice as intermidiary.
You can contact babalawo Pele obasa obanifa for the following services :for Ifa divination reading and ebo (sacrifice on any issues. For initiation into ifa and any orisha in yoruba spirituality. For training to become a babalawo or iyanifa (ifa priest or priestess )
Copyright babalawo Pele obasa obanifa, phone and whatsap contact :+2348166343145,location Ile ife osun state Nigeria.

What is Ifa
There is NO nation without their rendering of the Almighty God but God ONLY revealed HIS identify to just one single nation. HE wanted every other nations to go and learn about HIM from that single nation, of course mighty nations in ancient times disagreed with HIS decision and they suffered the consequences. This is why all those mighty nations have succumb to the fact that the one and only true God always call HIMSELF the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They're not duped nor gullible, they just submitted to the will of God. Olodumare is the most high according to the children of oduduwa though their are other deities serving as mediators between them and Olodumare because they believe HE is too Holy and pure to be approached directly! All this are the things Lamurudu (Nimrod) taught his Son Oduduwa before they were separated due to the confusion in language that occurred during the building of the tower of Babel. Genesis 11:1-9 So it's ONLY the Israelites that the Almighty God revealed HIMSELF to that's why all the mighty nations of ancient times bowed before them and start claiming till today that the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob is the one and only true God(Exodus 6:2,3) and let HIM become my God as well! Ruth 1:16,17 Thank you for this enlightenment!
Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by vaxx: 1:48pm On May 22, 2018
Riofidelio:
There is NO nation without their rendering of the Almighty God but God ONLY revealed HIS identify to just one single nation. HE wanted every other nations to go and learn about HIM from that single nation,of course mighty nations in ancient times disagreed with HIS decision and they suffered the consequences. This is why all those mighty nations have succumb to the fact that the one and only true God always call HIMSELF the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They're not duped nor gullible, they just submitted to the will of God. Olodumare is the most high according to the children of oduduwa though their are other deities serving as mediators between them and Olodumare because they believe HE is too Holy and pure to be approached directly! All this are the things Lamurudu (Nimrod) taught his Son Oduduwa before they were separated due to the confusion in language that occurred during the building of the tower of Babel. Genesis 11:1-9 So it's ONLY the Israelites that the Almighty God revealed HIMSELF to that's why all the mighty nations of ancient times bowed before them and start claiming till today that the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob is the one and only true God(Exodus 6:2,3) and let HIM become my God as well! Ruth 1:16,17 Thank you for this enlightenment!
evidence pls?
Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 22, 2018
vaxx:
evidence pls?
The Bible is the greatest evidence that can't be denied! No nation under the heavens have the genealogy of man from creation like the chronological order that Moses arranged the writing of the first book of the Bible Genesis,how come we're speaking different languages,why do we grow old, get sick and die? What is the origin of religion? Who are the demons?what happens to man at death?can man live again? can the dead harm or help the living? All these questions and many more you can find the answers in the Bible but there's no other nation under the heavens with a book that can give us reasonable, convincing and satisfying answers like the Bible! (The book that the God of Israel inspired HIS people to write)
Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by scully95: 12:04am On May 23, 2018
Riofidelio:
[s]There is NO nation without their rendering of the Almighty God but God ONLY revealed HIS identify to just one single nation[/s]. HE wanted every other nations to go and learn about HIM from that single nation, of course mighty nations in ancient times disagreed with HIS decision and they suffered the consequences. This is why all those mighty nations have succumb to the fact that the one and only true God always call HIMSELF the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They're not duped nor gullible, they just submitted to the will of God. Olodumare is the most high according to the children of oduduwa though their are other deities serving as mediators between them and Olodumare because they believe HE is too Holy and pure to be approached directly!

[s]All this are the things Lamurudu (Nimrod) taught his Son Oduduwa before they were separated[/s] due to the confusion in language that occurred during the building of the tower of Babel. Genesis 11:1-9 So it's ONLY the Israelites that the Almighty God revealed HIMSELF to that's why all the mighty nations of ancient times bowed before them and start claiming till today that the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob is the one and only true God(Exodus 6:2,3) and let HIM become my God as well! Ruth 1:16,17 Thank you for this enlightenment!

I was reading the century old brainwash until it struck a nerve when you wrote 'lamurudu (nimrod)' and 'only the israelites'...
You killed everthing by naming that two, just a century old propaganda galore that is being widespread even in the zionist controlled empire.

First of all, the oldest tradition ever known to omoeniyan on planent earth, ile ife.. Is the orisa tradition.

This is what others have re-modified, copied, paste and set up different ideologies from it. There you have chrsitinianity, islam and even judaism which is totally different from chrsitiniaty. I dont even know where you got that claim from that israelis are the god's chossen people if they do not even follow the average manmade religion or hand written ideology in the bible or scriptutures if you like.

Isn't common sense needed to really know that you cannot be telling lies for ages and thinking that lie will continue to back your attrocities. The zionist under the supervision of the jewish stolen land killed over 61 palestines recently, injured over 1000.. And then says because one handwritten ideology not even a tradition as presented in ifa.. Very well structured and elaborate.. Says because they are god'schosen people then they are allowed to kill with impunity..

Lets just apply common sense. How can god choose killers, murderer, a curse in the middle east since its inception after first world war. Many of you dont even know that there was notstate of israel before the first world war. How old are you to start with..

It's a known fact that israel ever since its creation after first world war, has caused so much bloodshed, corruption and war in the middle east. If you dont know history please do a little research it help..

Now going back to lamuduru
The yoruba people are in no way related to any arab. Again, the yoruba people have never been related to any arabo. Please stop this massive fakenews, brainwash and total propaganda at maxmum level.

You should check history. The Yoruba people have governed themselves until the fall of oyo empire using the principles and guidlines in ifa. Ok.

Orisa tradition is just an aspect of ifa. Ifa is a supertructure of knowlegde which is power. Anyone can also confirm this, that ifa 16 digits coding system is the first coding system ever known to omoeniyan anywhere in the world and it's still in use. So please stop the propaganda already in 2018.

Do some research, it helps. Do you know during the days of Orunmila, the father of ifa. It's believed that ifa was handed over to Orumila by Olodmare.

chai, see the typical brainwash or propaganda in someone's brain in 2018.. a nation..an apartheid state in 2018 killingthe real owners of the labd.. as if the combined west and bristish empire have not killed so many original owners of land.. the aboriginals is even very well known. anglo-zionist brainwash and even its mutant, wahhabism ideology is crazier.

Now let me even futher break orisa tradition down for you... There is the spirit..
Then there is the human form of the spirit.
The human form of the spirit is known as orisa......

What does this inform the uninformed. It means every orisa has its spiritual form and you have about 400 plus 1 of them..
It means that there is spiritual form of orunmila and the human form of orunmla..

The ones very popular is esu. There esu spirit and human form of esu.. And you have many of them very powerful that became well known orisa. For example, you have esu ija, esu ola ilu, esu ebo, esu awure, esu odara.

Now these are human version of the spirit and how did they become so.. Because a baba'alwo or oluwo must have looked into ifa usually for those who have issues spotting their ori... They go to baba'lawo to look into ifa and find out their ori.. ori is their spirit or the one they share so much in common with. if you ori is living the lifestyle of ogun, but you have issuesand have been living a totally different lifestyle, then you wonder why things are not going smoothly for you.. it's because you do not follow your ori which is your spirit.. this is known as spirituality and second to none in anywhere in the universe. the yoruba have everything very well structured.. you even have female gods, iyanifa.. have you ever seen a female become imam for example or pope.. this is whereyou will know the difference between hand written ideology and real tradition.

Once they are able to spot their ori. Ori here means, your spirit.. Usually, you will have a kind of horryscope that is similar to about 400 spirits.
Once you are able to spot our ori, you will start living orisa lifestyle and if you were able to perfect or influence others around you, you may then get to orisa status...

Esu ija - for example was very known to have proctected its people against invaders and it did everything according to the principle and guidlines in ifa.. Esu ola ilu.. This one was vry wealthy and was well known also for being the wealth of the yoruba nation during his rain..

This is orisa tradition..
No one is saying anyone is worshiping human god.. It's believed that whenever you worship Ogun for example, your are worshiping or following the Orisa. And the orisa ogun too did the same thing during his era, following its spirit, Ogun. This is more of the spirit with whom is believed to have dirrect access to Olodumare .

Main points here.

The spirits have dirrect access to Olodumare . While the human form of the spiritis known as orisa. The spirits are kown as irunmole.

last point.. every one is required to live an orisa lifestyle so as to go to heaven.. heaven is our second home, we don't have anything like hell fire but you must live an orisa lifestyle and this is where you have esu, the first law enforcement agent of Olodumare.

esu role is very well elaborate.. you can read more about esu when you click on my profile.

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:40am On May 23, 2018
Bullshyt. abrahamization of traditional religion.
Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by Amujale(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2018
The Bible is the greatest evidence that can't be denied! No nation under the heavens have the genealogy of man from creation like the chronological order that Moses arranged the writing of the first book of the Bible Genesis,how come we're speaking different languages,why do we grow old, get sick and die? What is the origin of religion? Who are the demons?what happens to man at death?can man live again? can the dead harm or help the living? All these questions and many more you can find the answers in the Bible but there's no other nation under the heavens with a book that can give us reasonable, convincing and satisfying answers like the Bible! (The book that the God of Israel inspired HIS people to write)

The bible is a FRAUD!

Let the words sink into the inner most condon of my brain and set me FREE as I read this text.

THE BIBLE IS A FRAUD!

The bible is a compilation of plagiarized text from ancient religions and stories from around the world; the contents and characters of which have been re-packaged, sexed-up or simply altogether made-up.

2 Likes

Re: Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic by Amujale(m): 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
The communities of Ile-Ife like many of its relative Nigerian counterparts were in existence hundred of thousands of years before anything out of either Europe or Asia.

This is to say that people of Eko had been thriving as a community thousands of years before the country of Portugal ever existed.

Humanity began in Africa and continued to populate the rest of the world.

(1) (Reply)

Two Die As Church Building Collapses During Service In Taraba (photos) / Picture Of The American Missionary Who Was Released By Kidnappers / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.