Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero (2630 Views)

Needed : Ford Edge 2006-2008 Nigeria Used / Needed: Ford Edge DVD Player 2008 Compatible / 2014 Model Mitsubishi Pajero GLS Used Selling Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero by donbusky(m): 12:09am On Nov 21, 2015
Hello,

Please looking for insight from my fellow nairalanders. Of the three 2014 or 2015 cars - ford explorer, prado and pajero, which would you advise purchase, based on:

1. Cost of maintenance & purchase of parts, etc.
2. Fuel efficiency
3. Resale value after 3-5 years
4. Durability on these our Lagos and Nigerian roads

Asides the above, is there anything else one should consider that could also influence choice?
Re: Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero by jaibang(m): 3:14am On Nov 21, 2015
Prado all the way
Re: Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero by whizboi19001: 7:37am On Nov 21, 2015
Bros we are in the market for the same things. I am looking for Explorer but not 2015, I want the 2012 or 2013, that's what I can afford now.

I currently drive a 2003 Explorer, its very rugged and the most reliable car I have ever used. I have been using my explorer for over 7 years now without any issues, without even opening the engine apart from normal change of oil and tires.

The current versions of Explorer are even better, they have better fuel economy, full tank will take you 10 days, not many saloon cars will get you that not to talk of an suv. Plus, most 2011-15 Ford Explorers have MY FORD Touch, leather interior, Bluetooth, navigational system, voice command, reverse camera etc.
Re: Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero by donbusky(m): 10:40am On Nov 21, 2015
jaibang:
Prado all the way

thanks @jaibang for the reply. Can you please explain why you recommend the prado? Help a brother further here.
Re: Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero by donbusky(m): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2015
whizboi19001:
Bros we are in the market for the same things. I am looking for Explorer but not 2015, I want the 2012 or 2013, that's what I can afford now.

I currently drive a 2003 Explorer, its very rugged and the most reliable car I have ever used. I have been using my explorer for over 7 years now without any issues, without even opening the engine apart from normal change of oil and tires.

The current versions of Explorer are even better, they have better fuel economy, full tank will take you 10 days, not many saloon cars will get you that not to talk of an suv. Plus, most 2011-15 Ford Explorers have MY FORD Touch, leather interior, Bluetooth, navigational system, voice command, reverse camera etc.

thanks @whizboi19001. Wow, you really like the Explorer and good to know you have hands on experience. I was reading online that the fuel economy of the explorer wasnt as good as the prado so got confused because a friend had told me otherwise, and now you say the same thing.

Do you think though that it has good resale value? Like your current one which you may want to sell if you buy a new one?
Re: Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero by whizboi19001: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2015
donbusky:

thanks @whizboi19001. Wow, you really like the Explorer and good to know you have hands on experience. I was reading online that the fuel economy of the explorer wasnt as good as the prado so got confused because a friend had told me otherwise, and now you say the same thing.

Do you think though that it has good resale value? Like your current one which you may want to sell if you buy a new one?

Bros the current Ford I am using I have no reason to resale it. Since last year I have been using it to bring goods from Aba every Saturday which i resale in one of my shops. This Ford has served me so much that I dont think of reselling it. I am not sure what the resale value is but generally speaking MOST Nigerians believe the best cars are Toyota or Honda so a Toyota will always have a better resale value than a Ford.

I am not lucky with Toyota I have a full option Camry that I imported from USA na every week i dey go mechanic. Its one owner o, non flooded, no accident etc. Maybe I wasn't lucky. It was after i bought my car that i realized that Toyota recalled some of the camrys because of technical problems especially the gear box etc. My Camry gearbox cost 450,000, it was a 22 pin or whatever they called it.

Anyway I prefer Ford anyday because I am satisfied with the one am using. I plan coming to Lagos next week to get the 2012 Explorer
Re: Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero by Anchor84: 12:38am On Nov 22, 2015
PRADO ANYDAY!ANYTIME!!ANYWHERE!!!
Re: Advice Needed: Ford Explorer Vs Prado Vs Pajero by donbusky(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
Prado seems to be the most popular in Lagos and even on this thread. Not sure why though - perhaps cheaper to maintain?

(1) (Reply)

Rarely Used Camry Muscle 2009 Very Low Mileage @ 1.45million / Abuja: PRICE REDUCED Toks 2003/4 Ford Explorer Full Option For SOLD SOLD / Corolla Wagon 4x4 Wheel Drive Manual Tokunbo #1.28M 08096577304

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.