Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? (10679 Views)

Twin Brothers Play Best Man Role At Wedding (photos) / Do You Think, Bridesmaid And Other Girls In The Bridal Train Should Pay for it? / The Bridal Gallery:Gowns,Bridesmaid Dresses,Hair & Accessories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by Fancier(f): 3:31pm On May 22, 2009
please i need to know their duties , my cousin wants to wed and am in the planning committee so i need to know so as to made the occasion a perfect one.
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by amebono11: 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2009
their job is to clean off sweats( with handky) from the bride and grooms face undecided
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by ifyalways(f): 9:28am On Jun 14, 2009
They are to make sure that the bride and groom looks well,throughout the occasion.
The couples,face,hem of gown,cufflinks and tie,seats and general welfare for the day are their concern.
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2009
The bestman (holds) goes to the church with the wedding ring of his "boss".
He makes sure everything is ok for him,he dresses him and makes him be at his best.
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by Anubis: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2009
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by royalicon(m): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2009
Most importantly, u need to be 100% detailed about the wedding programm and have the master plan of everything. KNOW WHO HANDLES WHAT.

In addendum, u are to be besides them and give assistance as at when needed , answer their calls at this period (for security reason e.g threat), calm them down when tension arises etc.

More duties are welcome, this little i hope it works.
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by loyeruope: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2009
Their job is to mess each other very well, just as the people they are assisting too will soon do
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by lannre(m): 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2009
You are talking from experience
loyeruope:

Their job is to mess each other very well, just as the people they are assisting too will soon do
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by trustonyi: 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2009
don't mind him dats what he did when he did best man for somebody
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by loyeruope: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2009
@lannre and trustonyi,
I am guilty as charged. embarassed
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by Oxone(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2009
@op
to help the couple be as comfortable & good looking as possible through out the occassion
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by slimfine(f): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2009
I was a chief brides maid for my friend last year so I can tell u from experience. This is in the US mind you and realistically, I was more than a chief brides maid. my job was as follows:

I did my friend's (bride) hair and makeup, made sure that all the brides maid atires were ready and maintained, me and my friend (bride) fried all the goat meat  cry, I made sure we had the hair dresser for the brides maid were on time as well as the florist, I kept an eye on our outta state guests and made sure they are fed on friday befor the wedding, on the day of the wedding, it was my job to make sure that the bride's changing dresses/traditional wear came to hall with us, I helped her change when it was time, I secured our belongings in the hall so there are no misplacement of items, I made sure the bride and groom ate at the reception as well as packed some extra food for home. I was at the high table some of the time but managed to make sure that drinks, food were served at the appropriate time! of course, I had to give a speech prior to toasting, and finally I made sure that my friend was looking her best at the whole event!

oh yeah and I had to hold the dress train when we were taking pictures and stuff! Sadly, we are no longer that close. shit happens right?

1 Like

Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by trustonyi: 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2009
slimfine u are right, dats good suggestion
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by Lady2(f): 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2009
slimfine:

I was a chief brides maid for my friend last year so I can tell u from experience. This is in the US mind you and realistically, I was more than a chief brides maid. my job was as follows:

I did my friend's (bride) hair and makeup, made sure that all the brides maid atires were ready and maintained, me and my friend (bride) fried all the goat meat cry, I made sure we had the hair dresser for the brides maid were on time as well as the florist, I kept an eye on our outta state guests and made sure they are fed on friday befor the wedding, on the day of the wedding, it was my job to make sure that the bride's changing dresses/traditional wear came to hall with us, I helped her change when it was time, I secured our belongings in the hall so there are no misplacement of items, I made sure the bride and groom ate at the reception as well as packed some extra food for home. I was at the high table some of the time but managed to make sure that drinks, food were served at the appropriate time! of course, I had to give a speech prior to toasting, and finally I made sure that my friend was looking her best at the whole event!

oh yeah and I had to hold the dress train when we were taking pictures and stuff! Sadly, we are no longer that close. shit happens right?

Exactly the duties of the chief brides maid, with the exception of frying goat meat. Why was the bride frying goat meat sef?
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by kshow1(m): 10:07am On Jun 15, 2009
,amebo no1:

their job is to clean off sweats( with handky) from the bride and grooms face undecided

i honestly agree with you.

loyeruope:

@lannre and trustonyi,
I am guilty as charged. embarassed

you are the MAN , lol
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by kamsydal: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2009
well their duties is nothing else but to show up ,i mean holding the wedding gown and be proud of bieng the bride best friend so far.
Then as for the bestman it is nothing to write home about .it;s just Bleep up
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by Fhemmmy: 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2009
The duty is for them to enjoy the day.
The best man to get the back of the husby for the day and the lady to carry the dress for the woman. and if they are both single, they ought to hook up too and get marry next.
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by slimfine(f): 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2009
~Lady~:

Exactly the duties of the chief brides maid, with the exception of frying goat meat. Why was the bride frying goat meat sef?

this was on Friday morning. not many people were around then and beside the goat meat was frozen so we had to defrost it with hot water there by incurring more work.
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by mamagee3(f): 11:26pm On Jun 15, 2009
,amebo no1:

You mean the same handky your mum used to Zap the gorillas instead of a condom grin grin

Now I must admit that was good wink grin grin
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by mamagee3(f): 12:11am On Jun 16, 2009
To make sure the Bride and Groom are okay
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by amebono11: 10:32am On Jun 16, 2009
mama-gee:

To make sure the Bride and Groom are okay

like u did for kanu and amara right?
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by amebono11: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2009
mama-gee:

You mean the same handky your mum used to Zap the gorillas instead of a condom grin grin

Now I must admit that was good wink grin grin

hahhahahahaha i can see u only learnt gorilla in mbaise local government college grin grin grin grin

sharapp diaaaa, you daughter of a low life arsehole cheesy cheesy
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by Koncept(m): 12:46pm On Jun 16, 2009
@slimfine
so sori bout that,but what really happened,n why not try n mend things, as they say "Friends are forever"
, lol
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by slimfine(f): 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2009
Koncept:

@slimfine
so sori bout that,but what  really happened,n why not try n mend things, as they say "Friends are forever"
, lol

it is not that easy! you want a friend that you will be there for and when it comes to you, she will equally be there for you. With my friend it seems like our friendship is a one way affair. So I think is time for us to move on. I was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the concern thou cheesy
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by mamagee3(f): 7:53pm On Jun 16, 2009
,amebo no1:

hahhahahahaha i can see u only learnt gorilla in mbaise local government college grin grin grin grin

sharapp diaaaa, you daughter of a low life arsehole cheesy cheesy

Do you mean asshole? grin grin, my friend I am so tired of hearing shatapp dia, it's really giving me a headache, say something new grin

You would have told me that was the school your slutty mom could afford to send you to, that's why you can't spell, ewu nmeee grin grin
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by mamagee3(f): 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2009
,amebo no1:

like u did for kanu and amara right?

*Shakes head and grabs popcorn* grin

NEXT
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by amebono11: 7:09am On Jun 17, 2009
mama-gee:

Do you mean asshole? grin grin, my friend I am so tired of hearing shatapp dia, it's really giving me a headache, say something new grin

You would have told me that was the school your slutty mom could afford to send you to, that's why you can't spell, ewu nmeee grin grin 

hhehehehehehe i meant arsehole grin grin abegiii check well before correcting people, anu ofia
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by untainted: 11:58am On Jun 17, 2009
,amebo no1:

hhehehehehehe i meant arsehole grin grin abegiii check well before correcting people, anu ofia
mama-gee:

battle of the TITANS
make una take am easy
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by Fhemmmy: 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
Cheiiii, these 2 love birds again? {mama-gee & ,amebo}, i fear oh
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On Jun 18, 2009
@ amebo no.1

I know you're an asshole but I didn't know you were also an arsehole grin grin, Bia ewu you need to go back to school to learn how to spell.

Daughter of a slut cool
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by amebono11: 3:01am On Jun 19, 2009
mama-gee:

@ amebo no.1

I know you're an asshole but I didn't know you were also an arsehole grin grin, Bia ewu you need to go back to school to learn how to spell.

Daughter of a slut cool

who needs to go back to school, me or you still dying in my fantasy land waiting for kanu prince charming to elave amara and come to you abi?

keep dreaming , you are not too far from mental disorder grin cheesy
Re: Duties Of A Chief Bridesmaid And The Best Man? by Anditechnics: 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
I think 2 of u are very crazy (amebo no1 and mama-gee). How can u divert from a beautiful topic under discussion to talk rubbish? If 2 of you fought over a boy friend before, better go outside and settle it and let serious minded people discuss serious things. O jare bros and sis lets go back to the business of "What are the Duties of A Chief Bridesmaid and the Bestman". I want to learn. chikena!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Koboko Master, Sarkin Dariya, Funny Razaq, Others Thrill Guests At Philip Rennar / PROMO! PROMO!! Get A Professional & Affordable Website: ANY BUSINESS... (#15k) / 40 Hilarious Pre-wedding Photos Of Brazilian Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.