Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Jamb 2016 Commerce Syllabus And Books To Read - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb 2016 Commerce Syllabus And Books To Read (2532 Views)

Jamb 2016 Physics Syllabus And Books To Read / Jamb 2016 Christian Religious Knowledge Syllabus And Books To Read / Jamb 2016 Principle Of Account Syllabus And Books To Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jamb 2016 Commerce Syllabus And Books To Read by oldfaze: 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
In JAMB Commerce Syllabus, The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Commerce is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
1) acquire the basic concepts of Commerce;

(2) examine the relationship between Commerce and other related business subjects;

(3) apply the principles of Commerce in Nigeria;

(4) appreciate modern, dynamic and positive changes in commercial activities.

1. Commerce

(i) Meaning

(ii) Functions
2. Occupation

(i) Meaning

(ii) Types (industrial, commercial and services)
3. Production

(i) Meaning

(ii) Factors, characteristics and rewards (land, labour, capital and entrepreneur)

(iii) Division of Labour

(iv) Specialization

(v) Types (primary, secondary and tertiary)
4. Trade

(i) Meaning

(ii) Classification:
Candidates should be able to:

(i) differentiate between Commerce and other related subjects;

(ii) identify the functions of Commerce. Candidates should be able to:

(i) compare the different types of occupation.

(i) differentiate between production and its factors;

(ii) identify the factors of production and their rewards;

(iii) distinguish between Division of Labour and specialization;

(iv) classify the types of production.

(i) identify the classes of trade;

(ii) compare the various types of retailers;

a. Home Trade

(i) Retail trade

– types of retailers

– functions of retailers

– trends in retailing (branding, self service, vending machines, the use of luncheon and fuel vouchers)

– advantages and disadvantages of retailers

(ii) Wholesale trade

– Types of wholesalers (merchant, agent and general)

– Functions of wholesalers

– Advantages and disadvantages of wholesalers
b. Foreign trade

MORE HERE; http://jamb2016.net/jamb-commerce-syllabus-official/

[size=16pt]BOOKS TO READ[/size]
1. Anderson, D. J. (1978). Commerce for West Africa, London: Macmillan.

2. Ahukannah, L. I. names(s)? (1992). Commerce for Secondary Schools Onitsha: Africana – First Publishers.

3. Asaolu, A. and Igwe, P. M. (2005). New Syllabus Commerce for Secondary Schools Books 1 – 3 (Second Edition) Ibadan: Evans.

4. Babatunde, A. H. (1999). Handbook on Commerce for Schools and College, (First Edition), Global Publications.

5. Eriki, P. O. (1998). Working with Computer, Benin: Bofic Publishers. French, C. S. (2000). Computer Science, (Fifth Edition), Britain: Ashford.

6. Ibru, G. M. (2004). Nigeria: The Promise of Tourism, Lagos: G.S.L. Publishing Limited.

7. Igwe, P. M. names(s)? (2004). Countdown to WASSCE/SSCE/NECO/JME Commerce, Ibadan: Evans. James, A. F, names(s)? (1996). Management, (Sixth Edition), New Delhi: Prentice Hall).

8. Nwachukwu, C. C. (1999). Management Theory and Practice, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publishers.

9. Odedokun, M. Onames(s)? (1999). Commerce for Senior Secondary School, Books 1 – 3, Lagos: Longman.

10. Odoom, F. F. (1998). Commerce for Senior Secondary School, Books 1 – 3, Ibadan: Onibonoje. Onifade, A. (2001). Management: Office Business Education, Abeokuta: KAPPCO.

11. Onifade, A. (2002). The Computer for Word Processing and Internet, Abeokuta: KAPPCO. Onu, A. J. C. (2000). Marketing Today, Abuja: Precious Treasures Ltd.

12, Pallister, J. and Isaacs, A. (eds) (2002). A Dictionary of Business (Third Edition), Oxford: Oxford University Press.

13. Wisdomline Pass at Once JAMB.

SOURCE; http://jamb2016.net/jamb-commerce-syllabus-official/

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice Please (between Msc And DE MBBS). / Unn ASPIRANTS Whatsapp Group For 2018/2019 / List Of Free Project Topics, Ideas, Subjects And Final Year Research Materials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.