Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Why you should upgrade to Windows 10 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why you should upgrade to Windows 10 (1067 Views)

7 Reasons You Should Upgrade Your Laptop In 2017 / 5 Reasons You Should Upgrade Your Pc To Windows 10 Right Now / Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why you should upgrade to Windows 10 by Bonethugss: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hi guys,

Now, i am a computer geek grin grin; and i just got my hands on the new windows 10 OS... Mehn O Mehn, do i just love this.
Like many others, i wasn't too pleased with windows 8 or 8.1 as it was a drastic change from the simplistic windows 7 and added a lot of bloatware (pre-installed software) that needed regular update and stuff... I just didn't really like it, though it was still more user friendly than the Mac OS (Gosh who uses this, so so annoying).

Back to windows 10...

1) Redesigned User interface - The interface is just wow, its like a sync of windows 7 (the start menu and stuff) and windows 8 (the icon feature, a plus particularly when using a touchscreen). The action center not only shows you new notifications, it enables you access quick settings like bluetooth, power, wifi, and other settings. It has a more sophisticated look, from the icons, to the file explorer, basically everything looks different.

2) Cortana - the clever personal assistant (might not be like Siri, but its still cool). It makes computer use more interactive. And as most computer geeks are introverts, its a lovely automated friend.

3) Shutting down made easy - I cannot begin to count how many people have asked me how to restart, log off or shut down their system using windows 8 OS. Most had no clue about the charms bar, often resorted to the "hard" power off, by holding the PC power button until the systems shuts down. With Windows 10, its very similar to windows 7.

4) The return of the Taskbar: Its for this reason i call windows 10 the new windows 7. The taskbar makes using a system more functional, it now also has a search bar and eases access to major settings.
Thank God no more charms bar, all former charms functions are now contained in a new notification panel called the Action Center. It is now easily launched from the notification area of the taskbar.

5) Onedrive: Onedrive is now more accessible, right from the taskbar. This is my online flash drive, aids accessing files from multiple systems. Now Onedrive is incorporated in File explorer (btw file explorer is also revamped, showing only files you access frequently, not the boring deterministic nature before).

6) Task view: for those of you like me that use Alt+Tab or Windows+Tab to switch between active windows applications without having to use the mouse, now windows 10 introduces a task view which has a permanent icon on the taskbar. It does the same function as the windows+tab, enables you cycle through your desktop and apps. It basically displays an app overview, what is even cooler about the Task view is that you can now cycle through multiple desktops.

7) Tablet mode: It for this reason i cannot wait for black friday to get my Toshiba Satellite Radius 14 (i love that 2 in 1), with Windows 10 when windows senses you are not using a keyboard or mouse it launches Tablet mode, and all apps automatically appear full screen. The feature is called Continuum.

cool Now i am getting tired angry; there are many many many more cool features of Windows 10, but mehn, i got other things to do, so take your time and upgrade to windows 10 (ITS FREE) and begin to enjoy what i am enjoying.

Peace out....

Re: Why you should upgrade to Windows 10 by victor2008(m): 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
Some printers doesnt work with it bro
Re: Why you should upgrade to Windows 10 by Lexusgs430: 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
victor2008:
Some printers doesnt work with it bro

Simply download updated drivers for your printer
Re: Why you should upgrade to Windows 10 by JigsawKillah(m): 1:30am On Nov 22, 2015
i heard one can move from windows 7 (ultimate)
how true is this?
Re: Why you should upgrade to Windows 10 by jaid23: 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
I hate it when shits and poo is being over-hyped.. Yesterday would be the 3rd time i will be downgrading bck to win7. win10 sucks my battery alot..

i thougt after all reviews and reccomendation, smtin must av been done to the draining of b3 and upgraded again.. even the b3saver option is shit..

ps: my b3 last about 3hrs on usage, after upgrade to win10 it hardly last a 1hr+30min. bck to my win 7 and my b3 life ix bck.
Re: Why you should upgrade to Windows 10 by Bonethugss: 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2015
JigsawKillah:
i heard one can move from windows 7 (ultimate)
how true is this?

Yea it's possible, so long as your system meets other hardware and software requirements.
Re: Why you should upgrade to Windows 10 by Bonethugss: 3:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
jaid23:
I hate it when shits and poo is being over-hyped.. Yesterday would be the 3rd time i will be downgrading bck to win7. win10 sucks my battery alot..

i thougt after all reviews and reccomendation, smtin must av been done to the draining of b3 and upgraded again.. even the b3saver option is shit..

ps: my b3 last about 3hrs on usage, after upgrade to win10 it hardly last a 1hr+30min. bck to my win 7 and my b3 life ix bck.

Have you tried Windows 10 battery saver mode, it limits background activity and push notification(this really consumes battery power especially when synced with your email accounts).

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Your Usb Flash Drive As Ram On Your Pc / Problem With External Hard Drive / Urgent Help: Steps To Reset/format Levono Desktop Pc To Factory Setting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.