Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

What Infection Is Associated With Fruits In A Defecated Environment? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Infection Is Associated With Fruits In A Defecated Environment? (538 Views)

Is This Is Normal? If Not What Kind Of Infection Is It And The Cause. / Problems Associated With Gap-teeth / Woman 'defecated' Fibroid During Deliverance In A Church (GRAPHIC PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Infection Is Associated With Fruits In A Defecated Environment? by Eberex(m): 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
Please i want views from those in the health department.

For places like oshodi where people defecate and urinate everywhere, to the extent you have to cover your nose when passing in those territory. Then at the same environment you have traders selling edible items especially fruits.

My question is; if someone buys a fruit, say apple and eats it without washing in this smelly environment. What would be the after effect? What infection is associated with this and will washing really help?

Because i have seen people buying fruits in such places and eating them immediately.

Re: What Infection Is Associated With Fruits In A Defecated Environment? by Confessng: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2015
Gastro Enteritis (Cholera) However if you buy a fruit from a place like Oshodi,it will be expected that it will first be washed in Salt water .
There is also the part where most people who live in that environment have an immune system that is able to fight whatever infections may result from eating such fruits
Re: What Infection Is Associated With Fruits In A Defecated Environment? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
The only tin dat caught my eyes are those abokis defeacating there.

Back to the question, since its such an area then a lot of flies should b present,its not advisable to eat without washing because even if the seller has already washed, flies will still petch on d poops and petch on the fruit even d seller dosnt know if those defeacating touched their stalls and she touches d same place touched and uses the same hands to display her fruits.

But whether it is in such an enviroment or not ,it is not advisable to buy fruits and eat without washing. because the same way you touch all those apples when trying to select a nice one is the same way others who came before you touched them too and our hands carry a lot of germs.

Some diseases associated with such are

dysentry
cholera
hepetitis
diaoreah
thyphoid
tuberculosis

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter At The Filling Station Today. / God's Guidance System (2). / Raging Fire At Ibiye, Badagry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.