Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Enya Releases Hit Songs 7 Years After Her Last Release. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Enya Releases Hit Songs 7 Years After Her Last Release. (850 Views)

10 Fela Songs That Are Still Relevant In 2017, 20 Years After His Death / Metamorphosis ---enya / Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enya Releases Hit Songs 7 Years After Her Last Release. by format97(m): 8:27am On Nov 22, 2015
Enya is an Irish singer, instrumentalist and songwriter. Enya began her musical career in 1980 when she briefly joined her family band 'Clannad' before leaving to perform solo.

Enya has released her first album in seven years entitled 'Dark Sky Island' on 20th Nov. 2015. Though the collection took three years before its release, however, the Irish singer tells EW she needed some time away after releasing 2008’s 'And Winter Came…

When asked about why she waited that long to put out her new music, she replied - “I took a break because with [1988’s] Watermark going into [1991’s] Shepherd Moon, [1995’s] Memory of Trees, there’s a three-year gap but I was in the studio for the three years. I had little breaks, but it took three years to put each album together.” She tells EW.

This time, that break stretched a bit longer. “But when I worked on 'When Winter Came', that was an idea I had – I always wanted to work on a Christmas kind of winter album,” she says.

Enya released the collection’s first single, “Echoes In Rain,” earlier this week. In the album announcement, she said it was the final song to be completed for the new record.

Dark Sky Island is the eighth studio album by Irish musician Enya, and was released on 20 November 2015. The album was announced by Enya on her website in September 2015. The title, first single and track listing were announced on 7 October 2015.

May you leave long our music queen.

1 Share

Re: Enya Releases Hit Songs 7 Years After Her Last Release. by Tobbey(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
WOW. THAT'S GOOD TO HEAR. I REALLY LOVE AND CHERISH HER SONGS WITH OVER 100 SONS ON MY PLAYLIST. AMA FIND THE ALBUM AND GERRIT. THANKS FOR POSTING THIS
Re: Enya Releases Hit Songs 7 Years After Her Last Release. by format97(m): 11:38am On Nov 23, 2015
nice one.

(1) (Reply)

MP3: Falz – 406 Na D Code Ft. Tekno & Skales / How Olamide’s YBNL Records Made A Mistake With Lilkesh / Download Wamiwa By Jazzman Olofin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.