Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep (2346 Views)

The Bible As A Book. Why Should I believe it? / Man Destroys Bible As A Revenge For Destruction Of Shrine In Anambra By A Priest / Does God Truly Exist? Prove It Without Using Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by Ignatiusprince(m): 9:59am On Nov 22, 2015
Please, my fellow nairalanders, I want u people to clear me of this, if using bible as ur pillow to sleep, whether itz a sin b4 God, or will it be of help to u in terms of bringing miracle or healing into ur life.....
Re: Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by jascon1(m): 10:17am On Nov 22, 2015
In my opinion is a lack of value for the Bible. Bible doesn't bring you closer to God, it is only a book containing spiritual principles and prophecies, but reading the content in it and practicing it is what connects us to God. I see people place the Bible under their pillows to fend off evil attacks as if it is a physical thing. I've seen a friend lying to a girl and yet two different versions of the Bible were under his pillow. Funny thing is, it remains there without being read. Again, this friend would never put his cheques or important documents under his pillow. The Bible's power is in the words not the paper. Even some use it to cast out demons, but we know power is in the tongue.
I don't believe it sud be under the pillow, let's show some respect and place it in a safe shelf
Re: Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by Ignatiusprince(m): 10:27am On Nov 22, 2015
Are u telling me that placing d bible under ur pillow, 2 scare aware evil by faith can't work 4 some1...
Re: Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by Ignatiusprince(m): 10:28am On Nov 22, 2015
U know, there are many things about the bible.... there are people that will burn th bible and it will burn while there are ones that will do d same and it won't.... y z it so....
Re: Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by frank317: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2015
Ignatiusprince:
Please, my fellow nairalanders, I want u people to clear me of this, if using bible as ur pillow to sleep, whether itz a sin b4 God, or will it be of help to u in terms of bringing miracle or healing into ur life.....

If you do it, you are trying to choke the holy spirit living inside to death
Re: Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by Brainaic(m): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2015
Ignatiusprince:
U know, there are many things about the bible.... there are people that will burn th bible and it will burn while there are ones that will do d same and it won't.... y z it so ....

Where did you see that?
Re: Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by Ignatiusprince(m): 11:31am On Nov 22, 2015
I have heard much about that bro.... I mean stories.....
Re: Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by uboma(m): 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2015
jascon1:
In my opinion is a lack of value for the Bible. Bible doesn't bring you closer to God, it is only a book containing spiritual principles and prophecies, but reading the content in it and practicing it is what connects us to God. I see people place the Bible under their pillows to fend off evil attacks as if it is a physical thing. I've seen a friend lying to a girl and yet two different versions of the Bible were under his pillow. Funny thing is, it remains there without being read. Again, this friend would never put his cheques or important documents under his pillow. The Bible's power is in the words not the paper. Even some use it to cast out demons, but we know power is in the tongue.
I don't believe it sud be under the pillow, let's show some respect and place it in a safe shelf

Excellent response

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by uboma(m): 12:10pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ignatiusprince:
U know, there are many things about the bible.... there are people that will burn th bible and it will burn while there are ones that will do d same and it won't.... y z it so....

Where did you get the above fallacy from?
Re: Using Bible As A Pillow During Sleep by Ignatiusprince(m): 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
I said stories.

(1) (Reply)

If We Evolved From Monkeys, Why Are There Still Monkeys? / Is 700,000 Naira Too Much For Foursquare Gospel Church to save a child? / A 78 Year Old Man Has Since The 80s Being Building A Dooms Day Shelter. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.