Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,501 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

We Can Still Make Top 4 But…– Mourinho Speaks On Chelsea’s UCL Chances - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Can Still Make Top 4 But…– Mourinho Speaks On Chelsea’s UCL Chances (491 Views)

Pogba Speaks On World Cup Finals Against Croatia / Jose Mourinho Speaks About Anthony Martial And His First-team Chances / Shocking! Jose Mourinho Speaks Igbo!! (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Can Still Make Top 4 But…– Mourinho Speaks On Chelsea’s UCL Chances by kingjizzy2(m): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2015
We Can Still Make Top 4 But…– Mourinho Speaks On Chelsea’s UCL Chances

Embattled Chelsea FC manager, Jose Mourinho has kept the hopes of the club’s fans around the world that his team’s chances of finishing in the top four this season is still possible – but has ruled out retaining the Premier League title.

Chelsea beat Norwich 1-0 on Saturday thanks to a Diego Costa goal, and while Mourinho is pleased to be back to winning ways he was firm in his insistence that this is not the start of a title-winning run. According to him,

“It’s a bit of a relief,” said Mourinho, after Costa’s first goal since the win over Aston Villa ended a three-match losing streak. “The pressure was there – I was feeling, the players were feeling too. Fourth position for me is not an impossible mission. If you ask me the title I would say impossible mission.

“Maybe Tom Cruise can do it [but] it’s complicated because you have to recover points from four candidates. But to grab one of the (teams) that go up and will also have a little bit of a collapse… the fourth position is a difficult position but a possible target.”

Costa had spurned two good opportunities and been absent when Eden Hazard fashioned two more before pouncing following Cesc Fabregas’ quick free-kick.

Mourinho added: “You don’t score goals, you get heavier. Every game that you don’t score goals, you get 5kg more. You get heavy and the pressure is there. When you lose confidence, you lose this fluent game. Yes, he can do much better, but again, yes, one goal is very important,” Mourinho added.

Hazard also showed glimpses of a return to form. “Every top player that is not performing well they feel it probably more than the others that are not so good,” Mourinho said. “Eden created chances for us, which is important and I think also for his confidence.”
Re: We Can Still Make Top 4 But…– Mourinho Speaks On Chelsea’s UCL Chances by kingjizzy2(m): 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Messi Is Touched By God - Wenger / Mikel Obi And Odion Ighalo Rewrite The Record Books / Wayne Rooney Breaks English Premier League Record Of 175 Goals For One Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.