Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,056 members, 7,953,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:05 PM

Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 (10972 Views)

Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 / West Ham Congratulates Ifeanyi Ubah FC For Winning Fed Cup / Enyimba vs Akwa United : Charity Shield In Abuja Feb 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by Optional2(f): 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2015
klexycole:
Thumbs Up To My Dear Optional2.
More Power To Your Elbow.
I'm Sorry That I Didn't Show Up.
Was Busy All Through.

Congrats To Akwa United.
tnx love dnt worry wil gist u abt d match wen u cum home 2nite is d nite
Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by zicky(m): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
Mekyno:

maybe, dey are cursed by deir antics. Dey came to d finals thro d back door. Dominic 'mister fix it' iorfar made sure rangers lost in d semi-final to lobi, at all cost by sending 2 players out in d first few mins of d game.
Am hapi 4 akwa-united.
Evil dat men do .........
this is the third fa cup final in 10yrs τ̣̣ђα̲̅†̥ ​ Lobi stars have lost
Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by Jaypea98: 11:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
freshcvvs:

Away with misinformation. The stadium is Akwa Ibom cost very much more than the one in Rivers.
Just as i fore-thought, A deluded citizen would disagree with my latter assertion.
Unfortunately dear sir you failed to attach proof of your claims.....
Check this out....
post=30404700:
Here is a shocker, Akwa Ibom Stadium adjudged to be the most modern and beautiful stadium in Nigeria and Nominated for the 2014 worlds best stadium Award http://stadiumdb.com/competitions/stadium_of_the_year_2014 was built at a far lower cost than Amiesimaka Stadium in rivers state by Gov. Amaechi.
Cost analysis

Cost of Amaechi stadium N24 billion = $126,349,252.96
Cost of the whole complex N31 billion = $163,118,513.33

And compare to the world class Akwa Ibom Stadium Built by a world renouned expert julius berger.

Akwa Ibom Stadium cost = $96 million.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akwa_Ibom_Stadium

http://stadiumdb.com/competitions/stadium_of_the_year_2014

Amiesimaka Stadium cost $30million dollars more than Akwa Ibom Stadium Yet Akwa Ibom Stadium is more beautiful and rated higher

According to the governor Amaechi The stadium in Port harcourt cost:
Amiesimaka Stadium, A National Asset – Maku

The Minister of Information and Communications, Mr Labaran Maku has expressed excitement over the quality of job being done on the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium under construction by Governor Chibuike Amaechi led-administration in Rivers State, describing it as a great asset not only to Rivers State but to the entire nation
The minister, who led the Good Governance Tour team to Rivers State, made the remarks yesterday at the stadium during the teams’ tour of projects in Rivers State.
Maku who regretted that the chances of Nigerian hosting the Olympic Games was being marred by the unavailability of stadia that meet Olympic standard, said the Amiesimaka stadium in Rivers State has raised hope of Nigeria in hosting Olympic Games.
The information minister who fielded questions from journalists after Governor Amaechi took the team round the stadium said, this is a very standard stadium under development that can be used for Olympic games.
He said sports in the present time was attracting so much money such that Nigerians must invest heavily on sports but regretted that the lack of standard sporting facilities was denying the nation the national earning desired in view of the vast potentials the country possesses on sports.
Maku commended Governor Amaechi for putting in place such high quality stadium to meet the needs of the state and the nation at large.
Governor Amaechi took the team round the stadium, saying virtually all necessary sports in the world could be done in the stadium which has the capacity to accommodate 38,000 persons.
Apart from having facilities to contain all sporting activities, the governor said it has 500 public toilets, two Olympic size swimming pools.
The governor also explained that the stadium cost N24billion while the entire complex cost the state N31billion and when completed, would create employment opportunity for more Rivers people and Nigerians and help reduce crime in the society.
Earlier, Maku and his team who was received at the state Government House yesterday morning, explained that the essence of the tour round the nation was to showcase what development democracy had been able to provide for Nigerians, stressing, that it provides a forum for Nigerians to ask leaders pertinent questions agitating their minds.
He assured that the team would be neutral and non-partisan, adding that the team was made up of journalists both local and national as well as civil society organization.
The minister who disclosed that the team arrived the state after visiting Cross River, remarked that Rivers State was strategic to the national economy in view of its leading position in the oil and gas , and as the centre point of the South-South geo-political zone.
Among the projects visited yesterday in the state by the Good Governance Tour Team were the monorail, Kelsey Harrison Hospital, the Dental & Maxillo Facial Hospital, Ada George Road, a Federal Government Road being constructed by the state as well as Obiri Ikwerre Inter change on East-West Road, another Federal Government concern also being handled by the state.
Other projects visited were ongoing projects at the University of Port Harcourt including the Cancer Treatment Centre at University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Syringe Manufacturing Plant, start-owned Primary Health centre at Abalama in Asari Toru Local Government Area, Fish farm in Buguma, new public schools and health centres constructed by the present administration.

Chris Oluoh

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2013/02/15/amiesimaka-stadium-a-national-asset-%E2%80%93-maku-2/

I have backed up my claims with verifiable links not hearsay .
IF YOU THEREFORE CAN NOT DO THE SAME, I SUGGEST THAT YOU.............
Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:53pm On Nov 22, 2015
Same here. *smiles*
(uhmm... Apart from the "dear Optional2" part..... Before you raise eyebrows again).

Wasn't surprised Akwa Utd emerged Champions. What Optional2 and the rest of the crew witnessed was "THE POWER OF A #100 million Pledge/Top-up plus Cars gift".

Akwa's first domestic trophy in their history. Congrats to The New Champs and Well done to gallant runners-up, Lobi Stars.

klexycole:
Thumbs Up To My Dear Optional2.
More Power To Your Elbow.
I'm Sorry That I Didn't Show Up.
Was Busy All Through.

Congrats To Akwa United.
Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by klexycole(m): 12:13am On Nov 23, 2015
Optional2:
tnx love dnt worry wil gist u abt d match wen u cum home 2nite is d nite
cheesycheesy
Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by klexycole(m): 12:15am On Nov 23, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Same here. *smiles*
(uhmm... Apart from the "dear Optional2" part..... Before you raise eyebrows again).

Wasn't surprised Akwa Utd emerged Champions. What Optional2 and the rest of the crew witnessed was "THE POWER OF A #100 million Pledge/Top-up plus Cars gift".

Akwa's first domestic trophy in their history. Congrats to The New Champs and Well done to gallant runners-up, Lobi Stars.

They Really Did A Great Job.
They Must Be Smiling By Now.

Shizzy7,I Don Miss You Oo. cheesy
Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by freshcvvs: 7:17am On Nov 23, 2015
Jaypea98:

Just as i fore-thought, A deluded citizen would disagree with my latter assertion.
Unfortunately dear sir you failed to attach proof of your claims.....
Check this out....

I have backed up my claims with verifiable links not hearsay .
IF YOU THEREFORE CAN NOT DO THE SAME, I SUGGEST THAT YOU.............

You still don't get.

The amenities and various sporting departments in the stadium in Rivers are much more than that of ikwa ibom.

Apart from the football pitch inside the akwa ibom stadium, what else is there?

I know you won't understand anything.

The stadium in rivers is a sports complex while the one Akwa is not.

The rivers stadium can host all sporting activities available at the Olympic games, how many sporting activities can the one in Akwa host?

If Akwa is to have everything the rivers stadium have, do you think $30m extra can get these stuffs?

Kindly list what we have in Akwa compared to rivers, then lets see which is more expensive if both have had the same Amenities.
Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by Jaypea98: 11:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
freshcvvs:

You still don't get.

The amenities and various sporting departments in the stadium in Rivers are much more than that of ikwa ibom.

Apart from the football pitch inside the akwa ibom stadium, what else is there?

I know you won't understand anything.

The stadium in rivers is a sports complex while the one Akwa is not.

The rivers stadium can host all sporting activities available at the Olympic games, how many sporting activities can the one in Akwa host?

If Akwa is to have everything the rivers stadium have, do you think $30m extra can get these stuffs?

Kindly list what we have in Akwa compared to rivers, then lets see which is more expensive if both have had the same Amenities.
Akwa Ibom Stadium might not be a Sport Complex like the one in rivers but it has four standard training pitches around the vicinity
Go through my proceeding posts before i compared both Stadiums only so quit the unnecessary diversion tactics stick solely to the bone of contention....THE STADIUM........
AKWA IBOM STADIUM COSTS $96Million
AMIESIAMAKA STADIUM COSTS Cost analysis
Cost of Amaechi stadium N24 billion = $126,349,252.96....
MINUS THE OTHER STUFFS LIKE TENNIS COURTS,POOLS etc
..........NOW........
That's a DIFFERENCE of a whooping 30MILLION DOLLARS
From what you have seen of those two edifices ,which one looked world class?

Rivers State stadium as newly built as it is, is an eyesore and doesn't look like a 40k capacity stadium to me.
The pitch ,the tracks and even the stands look doesn't come close to the one in Katsaona .....
AMIESIAMAKA STADIUM IS A SCAM!!!!!!!
Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by freshcvvs: 7:24am On Nov 25, 2015
Jaypea98:

Akwa Ibom Stadium might not be a Sport Complex like the one in rivers but it has four standard training pitches around the vicinity
Go through my proceeding posts before i compared both Stadiums only so quit the unnecessary diversion tactics stick solely to the bone of contention....THE STADIUM........
AKWA IBOM STADIUM COSTS $96Million
AMIESIAMAKA STADIUM COSTS Cost analysis
Cost of Amaechi stadium N24 billion = $126,349,252.96....
MINUS THE OTHER STUFFS LIKE TENNIS COURTS,POOLS etc
..........NOW........
That's a DIFFERENCE of a whooping 30MILLION DOLLARS
From what you have seen of those two edifices ,which one looked world class?

Rivers State stadium as newly built as it is, is an eyesore and doesn't look like a 40k capacity stadium to me.
The pitch ,the tracks and even the stands look doesn't come close to the one in Katsaona .....
AMIESIAMAKA STADIUM IS A SCAM!!!!!!!

And Rivers states sports complex have two Olympic standard swimming pool, lawn tennis, basketball courts, table tennis, gymnasium, tracks, 500 public toilet, hostels, a whopping 40000 seater stadium compared to akwa with 30000. 2 training pitches. Apart from the pitch of play, every other amenities in the complex are dual.
Re: Fed Cup Final 2015: Lobi Stars Vs Akwa United (1 - 2) On November 22nd, 2015 by Optional2(f): 12:03am On Apr 28, 2016
Optional1 4 Miss NL 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshoala Scores 3rd Hat-Trick In 4 Matches As Barcelona Beat Betis 7-0 / Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) / Nigeria Returns From Continental Gymnastics Championship Due To Lack Of Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.