Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Do Clothes Make A Woman? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Do Clothes Make A Woman? (4584 Views)

Can Your Clothes Make You More Productive / Looking For Surf Life Saving Clothes? Make Your Way To ASG Sports / How To Make A Bib Necklace Using Ankara Fabric Buttons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Clothes Make A Woman? by amebono13: 6:20am On May 23, 2009
This question is vital considering women crave for clothes.

A woman changes clothes daily hence fashion design capitalize on this and bring out as many styles as possible. But do clothes make women this smack another controversy as many believe that an ugly girl can be changed in a twinkle by a dazzling dress.

Another school holds that misshaped women can be shapened by good designs. Let’s look at this critically. A certain cloth common among the Efiiks called “Oyonyo” is so designed that it fits every woman. This is so because the different statistics that make up the woman is not shown.

And this begs for more questions. What of the face? Some postulation indicates that the face could be treated. Yes, some faces can undergo plastic surgery to the admiration of the opposite sex.

Beside, the charm of the clothes can add something extra to whoever wears them. Let’s put it another way. Some women have beautiful faces but bad shape. Such women can hardly stand the test of tight dresses where the different outlines are shown. But there could be something rare in their faces. An added smile can make all the difference and people’s boredom can be relieved by her presence. Although, it is generally accepted that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but, is it? This is another area of controversy.

Back to the discourse, it has been hinted that clothes can change an ugly girl, we should take a look she is clothless, under that situation nothing hides. Can clothes, then make such a woman? This is the crux of the matter and the area of deep controversy. May be a feed back is necessary, may be not.

But there are many unanswered questions. Why do women pile clothes in botes (portmanteaus) till old age? Why do they care so much for the type of clothes they wear?

Why are they conscious of their clothes at any time? These question need your answers.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=3725&z=12
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by CaroBaby1(f): 5:15am On Dec 13, 2009
I don't think a person,whowears weird clothes is ugly.I think maybe she don't know how to use heror she is not interested how she presence herself ,
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by CaroBaby1(f): 5:18am On Dec 13, 2009
sry her beuty
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by Epi: 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Poster

I think so. My mother ALWAYS say this "The way you carry yourself speak volumes of you. The way you dress (if you dress neat, it makes it much easier to overlook the negative), your smile (white teeth), clean fingernails (no chip polish/dirt under your nails) your hair (looks fresh not "bushy"wink, the way you speak (speak properly even if you have to bite your tongue) and your walk (don't walk with your head down because it shows weakness. Walk with your head high) cheesy wink
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by azeeza(f): 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Epi

well said smiley wink cheesy cool kiss
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by BeBlessed2: 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
Yes cos how you dress as a lady matter a lot. Keeping yourself clean will make you look attractive and you will been seen as a special person.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by DOAweb(m): 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
Epi:

@Poster

I think so.  My mother ALWAYS say this "The way you carry yourself speak volumes of you. The way you dress (if you dress neat, it makes it much easier to overlook the negative), your smile (white teeth), clean fingernails (no chip polish/dirt under your nails) your hair (looks fresh not "bushy"wink, the way you speak (speak properly even if you have to bite your tongue) and your walk (don't walk with your head down because it shows weakness.  Walk with your head high) cheesy wink

@Epi, to summarise ur writeup - PRESENTATION, PRESENTATION, PRESENTATION is of paramount importance. I absolutely agree!!
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by luvgurl(f): 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
Epi:

@Poster

I think so. My mother ALWAYS say this "The way you carry yourself speak volumes of you. The way you dress (if you dress neat, it makes it much easier to overlook the negative), your smile (white teeth), clean fingernails (no chip polish/dirt under your nails) your hair (looks fresh not "bushy"wink, the way you speak (speak properly even if you have to bite your tongue) and your walk (don't walk with your head down because it shows weakness. Walk with your head high) cheesy wink
True talk.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by koolchicco: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Topic
How you dress is how you'll be addressed. cool
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by Undispu3rd(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
Clothes performs some magic of some sort. Really one could be damn confused atimes if the sistas put on some clothes. Smart sis has used it to AD their way up down the isle.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by mrperfect(m): 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2009
Is part of it.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by afrikaam(m): 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
For the most part no. They can definitely bring out her better features. But it depends really.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by elaojukan: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2009
The hair does
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by eminemkayc: 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
a well dressed lady would forever be attractive to any PLAUSIBLE fellow. . . i personally trip for such beauties, especially with nice hair do (not smelly hair like some naija chicks),pretty face,well-dressed top and jean(musn't expose ur flesh to look good) and a coke bottle-like shape. . . that has always been my dream woman!!!! wink wink wink
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by sayso: 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2009
above all things
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by stede(m): 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2009
sure the xternal talks more about the internal environs
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by otokx(m): 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
not necessarily.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by greateliso(m): 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2009
Epi:

My mother ALWAYS say this "The way you carry yourself speak volumes of you. The way you dress (if you dress neat, it makes it much easier to overlook the negative), your smile (white teeth), clean fingernails (no chip polish/dirt under your nails) your hair (looks fresh not "bushy"wink, the way you speak (speak properly even if you have to bite your tongue) and your walk (don't walk with your head down because it shows weakness.  Walk with your head high) cheesy wink

GOOD COMBINATION

NO MORE POST PLEASE
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by rozu4luv(m): 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2009
it adds 40 % to wat they gat allready i have seen many poor girls dat has wat it takes wen it come to buity wink
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by mamagee3(f): 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
Yes, it does. tongue
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by CarlosVent(m): 8:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
Clothes doesn't make a woman but rather puts them in d best way to deceive men . for some not all of them ohhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by gidson12(m): 10:50pm On Dec 14, 2009
i wish they could just go without the clothes grin
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by emisun(m): 11:08pm On Dec 14, 2009
yeah its makes them look nice but most of them lose their senses to it.thats why down here in nigeria and in other african countries girls instead of trying to academically develop themselves,they tend to think putting nice dress and clubbing everyday is really a big thing.if this continues,our women are gonna really be unuseful to the nation.human capital is the main road to building a strong economy.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by DOAweb(m): 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
gidson12:

i wish they could just go without the clothes grin

Now dats not a bad idea!!  grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by gidson12(m): 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2009
we go just dey see different type of bobby, grin
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by msb247(m): 12:05am On Dec 15, 2009
No! Character does
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by vislabraye(m): 12:50am On Dec 15, 2009
The lesser the clothes she wears ( i.e lesser covering ) , the better for her, grin
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by ezan(m): 2:51am On Dec 15, 2009
Do clothes make a woman and no pictures to look-see? grin
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by CaroBaby1(f): 6:23am On Dec 15, 2009
If the person,who doesen´t wear nice clothes wears later nice clothes mybe she will be more beautiful,than a person who always wears.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by Master6(m): 9:24am On Dec 15, 2009
Clothes are accessories. They tell us a lot of things about the woman wearing them. For instance, a woman that is putting on hijab is a muslim. A woman wearing dresses that bearly cover a nudity is not religious. Note that the clothes only give us a clue as to the psyche of the woman but does not decide independently her behaviour.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 15, 2009
Master_1:

Clothes are accessories. They tell us a lot of things about the woman wearing them. For instance, a woman that is putting on hijab is a muslim. A woman wearing dresses that bearly cover a nudity is not religious. Note that the clothes only give us a clue as to the psyche of the woman but does not decide independently her behaviour.

Arrant nonsense.
Re: Do Clothes Make A Woman? by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 15, 2009
Sometimes it does, sometimes it dont.

Some people cant afford to dress nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

African EYE CANDY! Whoa! Part II / What Do You Do When You Use Your Bathing Soap To This Point? / Look Fabulous With These Fashion/beauty Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.