Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas (1660 Views)

I Need A Fairly Used Infinix, Tecno Or Gionee Phone for 30k / Need Android Phone For 23k & Below..urgently.. / Can Someone Please Recommend A Good N18000 Android Phone For Me With These Specs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2015
Just got paid and need a machine to rock this Christmas with a budget of 100k..suggestions please

My dream phone is the Sony xperia z5 premium though
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by HyDef(m): 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
Motorola Nexus 6?

Huawei P8?

ZTE Nubia Z9?
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
Get a Samsung Galaxy s6. Just looking at the phone will make u smile. The display will wow u, compare with all those tecno, injoo and infinix then u will know machine different from machine. 100k will not get I a brand new s6 though, but u can probably get a clean used one. Can't get u xperia z5 either. Maybe HTC one m8 or LG g3, or xperia z2.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by jmichlins(m): 11:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
guy 100k can only get you a high-end midrange device, an old flagship device or fairly used current flagship or better still a chinese oem like 1+one and zte. But if you truly need a current flagship from mainstream oem like samsung, then you may need to double your cash in order to get something like z5 prenium or note5 and something like nexus 6p. whichever you choose man please someone will enjoy your current device to flex. so if you wish to give out your current device am readily available to say thank you and God bless. Either way, enjoy your success and happy Christmas in advance and a more prosperous new year
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hmmm
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by daveyjay(m): 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2015
jmichlins:
guy 100k can only get you a high-end midrange device, an old flagship device or fairly used current flagship or better still a chinese oem like 1+one and zte. But if you truly need a current flagship from mainstream oem like samsung, then you may need to double your cash in order to get something like z5 prenium or note5 and something like nexus 6p. whichever you choose man please someone will enjoy your current device to flex. so if you wish to give out your current device am readily available to say thank you and God bless. Either way, enjoy your success and happy Christmas in advance and a more prosperous new year

This quy is learned and exposed, a thief in disquise too

1 Like

Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by jmichlins(m): 11:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
daveyjay:

This quy is learned and exposed, a thief in disquise too
why call me a thief just because I asked him to help me with his device in case he wishes to part with it? Please I feel insulted
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by daveyjay(m): 12:06am On Nov 24, 2015
jmichlins:

why call me a thief just because I asked him to help me with his device in case he wishes to part with it? Please I feel insulted

Oh, plz I mean well, no insults
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by jmichlins(m): 12:09am On Nov 24, 2015
daveyjay:

Oh, plz I mean well, no insults
no issues. Good am anyway
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 24, 2015
Thanks guys for the suggestions
Cc
Greenhulk
Jmichlins
Daveyjay
Franciskaine
Hydef

I have narrowed my search to three devices now based on their resell value.

Nexus6
Huawei P8
IPhone 5s

But I'm still torn on which will be an overall good buy.
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by jmichlins(m): 12:16am On Nov 24, 2015
youmour:
Thanks guys for the suggestions
Cc
Greenhulk
Jmichlins
Daveyjay
Franciskaine
Hydef

I have narrowed my search to three devices now based on their resell value.

Nexus6
Huawei P8
IPhone 5s

But I'm still torn on which will be an overall good buy.

If I were you, I will get Huawei mateS. But if your the type that likes custom rom and the rest, go for one motorolla flagship. I have forgotten the name sha but I think it's moto max
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by HyDef(m): 12:46am On Nov 24, 2015
DISCLAIMER: This is purely opinion.

I'm not a fan of Apple stuff. I'd knock it off the list without a second glance. I feel that an iPhone is really gonna be worth it if you've got other Apple people around you, but if you're constantly surrounded by Android users, then that is the more beneficial choice.

I'd place it between the Nexus 6 and the P8.

Personally, it's a hard choice... But I think I'd take the Nexus 6. I'm a camera person, amateur photographer, and it has one of the best cameras rated by DxOmark. The Z5 is top currently, which is why I love it, but it's expensive...

It all comes down to you. What you like in a smartphone, cuz they differ a lot in different regions.

www.ubergizmo.com/products/lang/en_us/devices/huawei-p8,nexus-6/

Check that out to compare the two devices.

Nexus has support for wireless charging, a larger battery, but then again a higher resolution and a larger screen which may put more drain on the battery. It does not support microSD, which can be a deal breaker for some, although it has 32 and 64GB variants which should be sufficient.

Make sure however, that you read the reviews on GSMArena for both phones before choosing one. Specs on paper, do not always play out how they read.
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 24, 2015
jmichlins:

If I were you, I will get Huawei mateS. But if your the type that likes custom rom and the rest, go for one motorolla flagship. I have forgotten the name sha but I think it's moto max

How much do you reckon it cost?
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Warlord3000(m): 6:21am On Nov 24, 2015
Thank goodness this matured thread hasn't been invaded by some fan boys with some stewpid brand names...

Not calling names o wink
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by myhomeland: 6:25am On Nov 24, 2015
it's expensive...

Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Baadal(m): 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
youmour:
Just got paid and need a machine to rock this Christmas with a budget of 100k..suggestions please

My dream phone is the Sony xperia z5 premium though
bro i have the best option for you.I will offer you my almost new samsung galaxy note 4 with accessories for only 85k price non negotiable its like a new one.whatsapp me 08025220285

Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
Baadal:

bro i have the best option for you.I will offer you my almost new samsung galaxy note 4 with accessories for only 85k price non negotiable its like a new one.whatsapp me 08025220285

I saw another reseller that wants to sell a brand new one for 77k,wida you bruh
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Baadal(m): 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
youmour:

I saw another reseller that wants to sell a brand new one for 77k,wida you bruh
Goodluck bro....thats a steal for a new Note 4 but pls be very careful
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by HyDef(m): 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
youmour:

The Mate S is a great smartphone but is definitely above your budget.
Sells at about $600 on eBay. I don't think it's available in Nigeria yet.
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by jmichlins(m): 12:48am On Nov 25, 2015
youmour:

that should be cheaper than the note5 and co while giving you the exact feeling you profoundly need in premium device. will be around 160k at most
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by idris4r83(m): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2015
Add 20k to the 100k and get sony xperia z3 dual sim. Mehn the phone is a badass. It got everything u need in a phone camera, memory, battery duration, excellent graphics, water n dust proof etc.
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by orogodoganyin(m): 8:44am On Nov 25, 2015
it's hard to blot in when i don't know what ur currently using.

however in all these years, there's only been one near-perfect phone - the samsung galaxy note iv.

prolly jst ma humble opinion thow cheesy
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
orogodoganyin:
it's hard to blot in when i don't know what ur currently using.

however in all these years, there's only been one near-perfect phone - the samsung galaxy note iv.

prolly jst ma humble opinion thow cheesy

I'm using a HTC M7 which honestly has served me well for the past 2yrs and its still going strong,I just want a change.the HTC isn't going anywhere though,the phone is just too rugged.I have never used a Samsung before though,I will keep an eye out for a cheap one to get.
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
idris4r83:
Add 20k to the 100k and get sony xperia z3 dual sim. Mehn the phone is a badass. It got everything u need in a phone camera, memory, battery duration, excellent graphics, water n dust proof etc.

I was hoping I could get for the 100k,damn.thanks though
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by orogodoganyin(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
youmour:

I'm using a HTC M7 which honestly has served me well for the past 2yrs and its still going strong,I just want a change.the HTC isn't going anywhere though,the phone is just too rugged.I have never used a Samsung before though,I will keep an eye out for a cheap one to get.

note iv is gr8

1 Like

Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by HyDef(m): 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
youmour:

I was hoping I could get for the 100k,damn.thanks though
You can get the Xperia Z3 Dual for 107k at Slot.
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by idris4r83(m): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
HyDef:

You can get the Xperia Z3 Dual for 107k at Slot.
Like seriously?
Re: I Need A Badass Phone For Christmas by HyDef(m): 10:07pm On Nov 27, 2015

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 5s For Sale In Lagos / Samsung s4 (Spoilt Screen) For Sale / Clean U.S Used Blackberry Curve 4 For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.